2" Suspension Lift affecting CV's/Gearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 2" lift on my 2012 d22 from Wilkinsons last week $1984 for Koni heavy track shocks and tough dog springs and torsion bars fitted, they did a good job.

I f you have a close look at the setup...any lift will compromise the CV's..

I should have chosen the right words -
You're right cause any mods from OEM will comprise standard function, however it will not be greater as 3" (this is based on my research)

I got my 2" lift on my 2012 d22 from Wilkinsons last week $1984 for Koni heavy track shocks and tough dog springs and torsion bars fitted, they did a good job.

How do the koni's go? what setting do you have them on?

I should have chosen the right words -
You're right cause any mods from OEM will comprise standard function, however it will not be greater as 3" (this is based on my research)
Its when you go adding new UCA's that the cv angles operate outside of factory spec.

Its when you go adding new UCA's that the cv angles operate outside of factory spec.

correct me if I am wrong, you upgrade your UCA to support higher suspension lift to support greater angles in your CV, hence it lessen the chance of breaking it.

I f you change your uca's it gives you more bump stop clearance which allows you to wind the front up to a level 2" lift as standard uca's don't give enough enough clearance between the bump stops for a full 2" lift. You want to try and have at least 10mm between your top bump stops after winding the torsion bars up otherwise the ride quality will be a bit dodgy. the angle on the cv's after a 2"lift isn't that bad but your cv boots will be touching and may wear a bit quicker

I f you change your uca's it gives you more bump stop clearance which allows you to wind the front up to a level 2" lift as standard uca's don't give enough enough clearance between the bump stops for a full 2" lift. You want to try and have at least 10mm between your top bump stops after winding the torsion bars up otherwise the ride quality will be a bit dodgy. the angle on the cv's after a 2"lift isn't that bad but your cv boots will be touching and may wear a bit quicker

which is my point and read - hence that UCA aftermarket supports 3" lifts and greater, right?

which is my point and read - hence that UCA aftermarket supports 3" lifts and greater, right?

I have 3" lift or run around 800mm ride height and its not great the CV issue..on my 100 series cruiser I have a diff drop but that car is constant 4wd..whereas the Navara I dont have the hubs in for most of the time so they dont turn the CV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180degrees

Its when you go adding new UCA's that the cv angles operate outside of factory spec

correct

I think the Koni shocks are great and feel much better i have no idea what setting they are on though :)

oh ok, apparently there are 8 settings.
correct me if I am wrong, you upgrade your UCA to support higher suspension lift to support greater angles in your CV, hence it lessen the chance of breaking it.
Nah like I said they are then operating outside factory spec which lets face it is not much travel, its the same for any IFS ute though, I am always reading about hilux's breaking them for instance... they are just a really bad idea for a 4wd, should be solid axles all round the ride is already shit with torsion bars so I doubt it could be any worse using a coil sprung front infact it would probably be better.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the responses guys, really appreciate it...

I'm also thinking about going with a steering damper with my 2" suspension lift... Does anyone have any feedback about them...?

I spoke to Zordo about a rancho steering damper when he did my lift and he said not to bother as they are not really needed with the IFS set up, even when running 32's or 33's..... on a few threads about the a few people said they noticed stuff all difference but at the same time others said they noticed a small change, there cheap so if it doesnt work it's no real loss

Back