2012 Muster Attendees

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunchtime came and went today and there wasn't a single message from anyone saying they were remotely interested (apart from Stockers above, 2 days ago).

I've told ARB to keep their stuff - there were heaps of bags, hats and stuff, plus a full premium recovery gear pack.

I'll contact the other sponsors and thank them for their support.

The big question is, how many people actually WANT this to happen?

If it's just a half dozen people, there's absolutely no point squeezing sponsors for cash or giveaways and it's not very honest of us to try doing that - so unless we have more serious numbers, we aren't even going to attempt to contact anyone about this in the future.

So, on to the most important question of all: do people WANT to have a muster? Those that went last year were quite emphatic about having another one (I still have the feedback sheets) yet the actual response was miserable.

So guys, what DO you want? It's quite easy to just send the remaining funds off to the Royal Flying Doctor, wind up the committee and say "We had ONE good event".

IF we decide on having an event next year:

1) When should it be held? Queens Birthday weekend is a distinct possibility but remember that there are school holidays and being a long weekend, venues are either going to be busy or booked already.

2) Where should it be held? Ados was perfect in NSW, because it had camping area, undercover in case it became really wet, it had kitchen facilities, (primitive) showers, flushing toilets and several challenging 4WD tracks right on the property.

3) WILL YOU COME ALONG? Don't just go "maybe" then bow out when it really matters. Stand up and be counted. Either you WANT the event or you don't care. Be decisive.

4) What do you want to see at a muster? Do you just want a free hat, do you want naked dancers (we had loads of them at Ados, mostly Herefords), do you want live music, do you want kids slippery slides, face painting, large inflatable Lee Kerneghan dolls (with or without batteries)? What about other attractions (local galleries, wine tasting, zoos, dodgem cars/go karts, kayaking etc etc)?

As a committee we don't understand why the turnout this year is so bad. The feedback from last year implied that we did a good job - if that's not the case, stop bullshitting and JUST TELL US. If we did a good job, what is wrong with this year?

For those that have paid already, I'll be getting in touch with you and returning your funds over this weekend. If I don't have banking details I'll probably just write you a cheque and post it out, so you should expect to see that show up Tuesday/Wednesday.

Krafty - mate, thanks for making the changes to the web site, but I guess you know what you have to do now - cancel this one and put a "see the forum for discussion about next year" on it.

I know myself i would love to be able to go to one and support one, but due to work commitments i am unable to travel the distances to support it unless it was in queensland or unless i had much earlier notice.

One thing that might help, and please only take this as constructive criticism as i mean it to help, is to have a venue and date WELL in advance, as in almost know where it will be next year now. I know not as easy as it sounds etc, but the earlier the better.

I attended last years muster at ADOS and had an absolute ball, i didn't know most people and by the end of the weekend I came away with some quality friendships. I was really looking forward to seeing the Vic High Country this November, however with the purchase of our first home and our wedding very early next year we are not in a financial position to attend.:sad:

Hats off to Tony and the whole committee for the effort and organisation of the Ados Muster and this years Victorian event that sadly wont be running.

I was at ados last year and if it wasn't for commitments I can't avoid I would have been at this year's
The comitee does a great job and it would be a shame to see this event not continue
I noticed with last year's there was a lot of talk on the forum for 6 mths leading up to the event and we had a good turnout and a great weekend
There wad defiantly less hype on the forum leading up to this years
It's a shame this year's won't be going ahead
SO
Let's all get busy organising next year's muster
Keep the threads alive
Keep the ideas rolling in
Maybee we should inform attendees the structure and itinery of the muster well in advance to get more people interested as early as possible so we can organise holidays ect

And again a big thanks to the comitee for there effort

Sorry just can't leave my wife with the 5 mth old and our other toddler here, unfortunately she's just not into it enough to come. Also this time of year is just not a good time for most tradesmen, Its just full on till the end of the year.

I'd love to go but being able to is a different thing. If it was closer, I really think the event needs to be for more then Navaras, ie link in with hilux and pootrol forums to allow to get your numbers.

otherwise I think state get togethers are really all that can be organized for, as distance is a large factor for these things.

Sorry for the disappointment for the ones that wanted to attend, and good job on the organizing.

+1 for Queensland and thats a definate, I reckon even the family would come.

Last edited:
I would like to go to a muster, but this year i just couldnt get the time to travel down to VIC as i would need at least a day either side of the actual event just for travel so that did make it harder for me and my family to try and organise.
I do think that the late decision on choice of venue made it hard to get exited about the location when there wasnt one until not long ago, BUT by the time there was one, to be honest i had lost enthusiasm.

The other thing was that last year there was allot more info about who was sponsoring and what goodies and prizes were on offer which created a bit more of a buzz.

I also think if there was a few simple car based events that people could do with a passenger would also be allot of fun and may help create a bit more excitment and be a good way for people to sort out with there wifes who is the best driver or sort out maybe stir up the D22 or D40 rivalry.
things like i time based events simular to some of those held at the son of trails are great fun.
One of the events has PVC conduit poles with golf balls hanging off them, you need to drive around the course with your passenger putting the golf balls on top of the poles with a set of kitchen tongues, then on the second lap knock them off again.
All this has to be done as close as possible to the "mean" time set by the organiser.

There is a similar one with two conduits and a beer can where you have to take the can form one post to another. Both are a heap of fun and both get more then just the driver involved and neither need to be done in modified 4x4's or need any off road experience.

I personally would like to see it set more emphasis 4x4 driving, not so much as just a camp type meet, but thats just my opinion.
If it was to be held at a actual 4x4 park i think it would then cater for every one and all types of Navara's from stock to modified, maybe thats why Ados was a success, from what i gathered just about everyone went out on the trails.
Maybe the next one could be held at Landcruiser park, it seems like a popular 4x4 park and is suitable for all sorts of 4x4's.

I think i have waffled long enough.

Actually where the "SON of TRIALS" is held is a great spot for the Muster and can be hired for big groups. It has river crossing, sand tracks, hill climbs, great camping, great fishing and an awesome spot not far from Wombyean Caves for some sight seeing and it not far off the freeway and only two hrs from Sydney.

Last edited:
if it gets held at a 4wd park that allows unrego then ill drag mine along. prob only leaves qld venues.

I would like to go to a muster, but this year i just couldnt get the time to travel down to VIC as i would need at least a day either side of the actual event just for travel so that did make it harder for me and my family to try and organise.
I do think that the late decision on choice of venue made it hard to get exited about the location when there wasnt one until not long ago, BUT by the time there was one, to be honest i had lost enthusiasm.

The other thing was that last year there was allot more info about who was sponsoring and what goodies and prizes were on offer which created a bit more of a buzz.

I also think if there was a few simple car based events that people could do with a passenger would also be allot of fun and may help create a bit more excitment and be a good way for people to sort out with there wifes who is the best driver or sort out maybe stir up the D22 or D40 rivalry.
things like i time based events simular to some of those held at the son of trails are great fun.
One of the events has PVC conduit poles with golf balls hanging off them, you need to drive around the course with your passenger putting the golf balls on top of the poles with a set of kitchen tongues, then on the second lap knock them off again.
All this has to be done as close as possible to the "mean" time set by the organiser.

There is a similar one with two conduits and a beer can where you have to take the can form one post to another. Both are a heap of fun and both get more then just the driver involved and neither need to be done in modified 4x4's or need any off road experience.

I personally would like to see it set more emphasis 4x4 driving, not so much as just a camp type meet, but thats just my opinion.
If it was to be held at a actual 4x4 park i think it would then cater for every one and all types of Navara's from stock to modified, maybe thats why Ados was a success, from what i gathered just about everyone went out on the trails.
Maybe the next one could be held at Landcruiser park, it seems like a popular 4x4 park and is suitable for all sorts of 4x4's.

I think i have waffled long enough.

Haha I did this in a mates Sierra two years ago. We duct taped the doors shut and still got water inside! What a top little car though! Best 4wd event I've ever been to! Hopefully should be there in the Nav next year too.

Last edited:
you bring up some great points nathan
a bit of a funkharna at next years muster is a great idea
tony
i am going to son of trials plus next weekend, ile report back on possible events we can ''copy''
we should get together for a meal soon and get the ball rolling on next years event

We are really disappointed that this is being cancelled - hopefully enough people will put their hands up over the weekend. If not, I am still keen for a day trip/overnighter if anyone is interested!

So is it definitely off??

We are way short of numbers (not just one or two, we need another 8 utes or there abouts).

I haven't contacted the Tolmie Reserve Management rep yet, not sure if Tony has but I doubt it.

I'll email Tony later tonight and if nothing has changed re numbers we'll be cancelling the reserve booking shortly afterwards.

Really dissappointed it's come to this and being a organiser of an adventure group I understand how much of a pain it is when you organise an event and many people pull out, feels like a waste of organising time.

I was really looking forward to this...

Just a word of advice, for someone like me the earlier the price comes out the better especially if interstate travel is required.

Thank you to the organising committee for organising the event. Pity there's not the interest there was initially.

Latest posts

Back