235/85/16?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lockey87

Reaction score
HI all, I have done a bit of reading on this topic but I'm just looking for a clear cut answer here...

I'm in the market for some new rubber. (I have a 2" body lift and will be getting a 2" suspension lift very soon)

So I've figured it's down to 235/85/16 vs 265/75/16

Here's what I'm after..

• I don't want my ute to lag and be sluggish
• I don't do HEAPS of 4WDing and when I do, it's not extreme stuff, so I'm after something that's gonna do well in the sand and mud but I'm not looking for muddies
• I don't really care about fuel economy all that much
• I don't care what they look like - by that I mean, I don't care if they are wide or skinny, just what works best

Ok everybody... Go... Tell me what to do :p

Last edited:
BFG all terrains Swear to god,
Go 235 as they will be cheaper.
265 fits the car better though

I wanted to go 235/85/16 but the tyre joint I went too wouldnt put anything under 265 wide on as they said you are only allowed to go wider and not skinnier. I wasn't impressed but then I needed new tyres so just ended up going with 265/75. 235/85's are the same height as the 265/75 but being a skinnier tyre they have the advantage in sand and also should be a touch lighter which would reduce the tyres rotating mass.

Been trying to get some info on this size of tyre as well

My understanding is because 205R16 is listed as an available tyre size in the owners handbook and on nissans spec sheet it should be fine to fit the 235 as a replacement for 265 only issue with this is the tyre placard only lists 265/70/R16

anyone able to confirm this.

If so my next question is could I get away with 235/85/R16s on a stock vehicle or is it going to foul on the mud flaps etc

Yeah the guy who did mine just went straight off the placard in the glove box. You will probs need to wind the torsion bars up a bit and cut some of the plastic mud flap away. No big deal

Latest posts

Back