Advice on new exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 STR TD and am looking at fitting a new exhaust. I have got all the prices and just needing to hear from others that have modified there utes and was it worth it? I have been told that fitting a 3" system is a overkill and all that you need is a 2.5"? And that they just join the new exhaust up to the original cat convertor? Any info good or bad will be great.

Cheers Sharky

G'Day,
I have an 09 Jap built D22 the 2.5YD motor with a Taipan 3" exhast system on it.....
It made a huge difference in power, mainly on take off and reducing turbo lag....
Well worth it in my books, one of my better mods for sure.

Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 STR TD and am looking at fitting a new exhaust. I have got all the prices and just needing to hear from others that have modified there utes and was it worth it? I have been told that fitting a 3" system is a overkill and all that you need is a 2.5"? And that they just join the new exhaust up to the original cat convertor? Any info good or bad will be great.

Cheers Sharky

Unless you change the whole system your wasting your time. Especially the dump pipe. I run a 3" straight through on mine.

Unless you change the whole system your wasting your time. Especially the dump pipe. I run a 3" straight through on mine.

I agree, the dump pipe is quite restrictive. I went inbetwen with the 2.75'' on mine, really happy with the reduction in turbo lag, holds gears better while towing as well. After you get used to the extra power from the exhaust go a chip as well. The power is addictive :rock:

Hi guys, don't mean to hi-jack the thread. i was just wondering what's the go with insurance if you get a straight through exhaust? or are we only covered if we get a cat in the system?

Hi guys, don't mean to hi-jack the thread. i was just wondering what's the go with insurance if you get a straight through exhaust? or are we only covered if we get a cat in the system?

every insurance policy is different. you're best to ring your insurer and ask them specifically.

Hi Guys,

Yea they change the dump pipe and its mandrel bent but just put the original cat back in it.

Cheers Sharky

legally if u have a cat in there from factory u need to keep it. but theres no point putting the original one in, have to get a high flow 3" cat. Its only as good as its most restrictive point.

Hi everyone,

Cheers Sharky
i guess you have 3 litre?

theres plenty of threads on this. 3 litre is good especially if your going to increase power. but its a tight fit.
2.5 is fine if your not going to chip it.

the most restrictive bit is the rear muffler.

Hi Guys,

Yea they change the dump pipe and its mandrel bent but just put the original cat back in it.

Cheers Sharky

you can't. the dump pipe is the cat. you would have to fit aftermarket CAT.

3' straight through system... No mufflers just the high flow new cat... Sounds unreal... Can hear Turbo spool on idle.. ^^

Latest posts

Back