ARB, Ironman, TJM

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a deluxe bull bar and underbody bash plates for my D40 but don't know what brand to go with. What brand should i go with has anyone got experience with these brands.

Well the Ironman bar is definately the cheapest, and in my opinion looks pretty good. There are a few on here with the TJM bar so im sure they will comment. I think the ARB will look the best, but is most expensive. Shoot Scottybobcat a pm on here if you are chasing bash plates.

I have ARB Bar and Bash plates on my current D40 and i am getting another set installed on my new on next week.
Personally after shopping around and looking at all the bash plates i settled on the ARB ones, they are a quality bit of kit.
All the bolts are hidden and all the joints where the plates are joined are angled so the bolts dont get damaged which makes life easy if ever you need to unbolt them.
The plate that covers the gear box has two big rails that run down either side which makes them by far the strongest i have seen.
All the drain holes for sump gear box and transfer line up so no mucking around for anyone who has to service the ute.
They are also one of the few who include transfer case protection, it is a separate plate but is included in the kit.
here is a few pics of the ones that are on my current D40 and i have bounced on them off them and scraped them and they have stood up to a hell of a beating with the D40's being so low they get some use thats for sure!!

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-5.jpg

file.jpg

If you look at the photos you can see all the resest bolts and after all the use no damage to them at all. I have dented the main front plate after hitting a massive rock while doing a river crossing , but that section can be replaced if you need to.

Here is one of the front plate, as i said it has copped an absolute hiding but it has stood up to a heap more abuse after the initial damage.

file-6.jpg

I would defiantly recommend the ironman Bullbars almost identical to the ARB but about $700 cheaper i hit a roo doing 110 kph the other morning and not the the slightest bit of damage to the bar or vehicle,But i would not recommend the ironman bashplates if you have a Thia model mine have been sitting in the shed for 10months because it was to much of a hassle to get them to fit.

thanks for the picture. Do you know if it is possible to use the Ironman bullbar with the ARB bash plates.

I dont think you would have any problems, BUT im not 100%.
You could ring ARB and tell them that you already have an Ironman bar fitted and see what they say.

Mate with that much protection you shouldn't be worried bout hurting it at son of trials next weekend or are you worried bout being beaten by a shitty d22

hahaha, No mate its just that it will be gone on Thursday, so i wont even have it and the new one wont have the sliders on and it wont even have 1000km on the clock.

OH and i never said that D22"s are shitty!! actually i still think my old 22 was prob the best ute i have ever owned, and i would still have one if my daughter wasnt growing like grass, With the two kids i just need the extra room in the back for the long trips away. Actually the daughter started to complain on the short trips too. haha

Latest posts

Back