Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am shopping for plates too and from pics it looks like the brown davis sits considerably lower?
AKA_DB was the company Tosca? i want ot take my ST in to them too but cant get time off work. Would be great if you can get urs in so i can then buy plates for mine!

G'day krunchi had the TJM Sump and transfer FUG,s fitted last week for $500 for both the angle looks more gradual than the BD but still has a good 100mm clearance to the bottom of the radiator. The only down side was stuck on the beach on the weekend and needed a rear recovery and graded half the beach and brought it home.

All in all whatever you get gives you more confidence to tackle the more gnarlier tracks without ripping a hole in the sump or cracking the transfer case.

I am shopping for plates too and from pics it looks like the brown davis sits considerably lower?
AKA_DB was the company Tosca? i want ot take my ST in to them too but cant get time off work. Would be great if you can get urs in so i can then buy plates for mine!

Hi Krunchi,

It was Tosca's, I actually rang them yesterday, they seem pretty keen to help out (can obviously see the market). I am very likely to take mine in and have a look with them, but won't get my car until probably Friday next week :( I will call tem again once I actually get the truck.

I will come back here and let everyone know what I find out.

Cheers, db.

I have caned my Brown Davis bash plates and they are proven to be excellent. They have got some nice battle scar across the leading edge. They hang no longer than is absolutely necessary.

Only fault I can think of is related the the D40 itself - that is there is not enough ground clearance beneath the front diff. With the bash plate on it acts as a bulldoser in deep soft sand and eventually you run out of steam to keep pushing the sand.

AKA DB went to tsca today, the pathy ones dont fit.
We are hoping you can leave your car with them for a half day to get some templates made, the earliest i will be able to drop by car off again is october :(
Also the front diff sits a little low so now i see why the BD guard looks like it sits too low.

Can any one confirm if the BrownDavies will fit a Thai built ST?
Cheers

AKA DB went to tsca today, the pathy ones dont fit.
We are hoping you can leave your car with them for a half day to get some templates made, the earliest i will be able to drop by car off again is october :(
Also the front diff sits a little low so now i see why the BD guard looks like it sits too low.

Can any one confirm if the BrownDavies will fit a Thai built ST?
Cheers

Hi Krunchi,

I am still likely to see if I can leave mine with them. I will give them a call after I get the car, hopefully next week.

Today I rang Mitchell Brothers and had a good talk to I think it was Adrian Mitchell. They sell Brown Davis (good price too @ $365 Sump and $225 Trans if you order online. They said that the same unit fits both the Spanish and Thai models, just bolt on differently. He seemed very helpful and suggested he could probably courier up here for about $40.

So I am still not sure which way to go, I have found the Brown Davis ones up here for about the same price as theirs if I add delivery, so an advantage would be at least a local buy in case something goes wrong.

Must admit though that the local TJM and ARB were not particularly helpful in my opinion.

I think I will wait until I see what Tosca's say and decide after that.

Cheers, db.

AKA_DB I like the BD and understand now why they have to hang a little lower.
If they are certain it will fit a thai build with no extra drilling i could be tempted to buy one.
Anothe roffer i have is TJM coopersplains will do the front, sump and transfer for $500 custom made 3mm plate. Thats also looking attractive to me as i might be getting suspension done through them too.

Keep us updated with what you do mate.

Krunchi,

I must admit a bit of confusion. I can only guess that the others like TJM must have some shape that is different to the BD if theirs won't fit both models. I spoke to them also and they had them for the Spanish builds for $220 each but wanted $350 each to custom make for the Thai build. Your quote seems pretty good in comparison.

Once the Nav' arrives, I will have a closer look underneath myself, and decide what to do, but as suggested earlier, I am still leaning towards Tosca's.

I will keep the forum advised through this thread.

Cheers, db.

Gents I am leaning towards the TJM one as it will be custom made & it will cover front, sump all yhe way through to and including the stranfer case. With a custom oine y9ou can at least be assured it will fit properly. I just have to work out how I can give up my car for a full day for them to work on it.

Cam500,

I am after the same level of protection and this is what I am looking at trying to achieve from Tosca's. It seems that they will have to make custom as well, there are two reasons I am going this way. I like the look of what they have done for the Pathy, and their price. I am prepared to give my truck up for as long as it takes if I can be sure of a good job. I hope I will know this after I visit them.

One thing I am trying to get my head around is how far forward to go....

Should I only go as far as the radiator mount (this seems to be where BD and avenegr etc all go to) or continue to where the bull bar is with a fill in piece, though this would have to be custom to match my bull bar which may be different to others.

I am only concerned about the loss of airflow to the radiator. I really need to have a better look at the Nav' when I get it and discuss this with them.

Cheers, db.

Cam500,

I am after the same level of protection and this is what I am looking at trying to achieve from Tosca's. It seems that they will have to make custom as well, there are two reasons I am going this way. I like the look of what they have done for the Pathy, and their price. I am prepared to give my truck up for as long as it takes if I can be sure of a good job. I hope I will know this after I visit them.

One thing I am trying to get my head around is how far forward to go....

Should I only go as far as the radiator mount (this seems to be where BD and avenegr etc all go to) or continue to where the bull bar is with a fill in piece, though this would have to be custom to match my bull bar which may be different to others.

I am only concerned about the loss of airflow to the radiator. I really need to have a better look at the Nav' when I get it and discuss this with them.

Cheers, db.

Aka,

I had though about going with Tosca's but wasn't happy that they could not do the tranfercase for the Navara. Maybe if they have yours done they can use that as opportunity to make a template, then I may be interested in going down that path.

In regards to the front / sump section I only have a standard front with no bull bar (yet), but as far as I know the BD and Avenger protect intercoller/radiator to front sump, as does the Tosca. When speaking to TJM and Tosca they both assured me there was enough ventilation and access to plugs.

Would be good if Tosca can match TJM ie. front sump all the way to trnsfer case covering gear box + put it into production for either supply and fit as well self fit.

I got my bash plates from minecorp $970 they start from the bull bar and go just past the auto and its 1050mm wide.They are made from 3mm steel an take a day to make

Hey Guys,,
I fired off a e-mail yesterday to TJM and asked for a quote on bash plates to suit the THAI model D40,,, today they returned with a quote saying it was going to cost me $835 and would have to be custom made (that is the sump and transmission),, Maybe that includes freight to Cairns aswell but they can keep it for that price

Hey Guys,,
I fired off a e-mail yesterday to TJM and asked for a quote on bash plates to suit the THAI model D40,,, today they returned with a quote saying it was going to cost me $835 and would have to be custom made (that is the sump and transmission),, Maybe that includes freight to Cairns aswell but they can keep it for that price

Someone's having a lend of you mate.....I got my about 12 months ago....both plates made by TJM for $420 for the lot.

Someone's having a lend of you mate.....I got my about 12 months ago....both plates made by TJM for $420 for the lot.

Yeah, it seems that it can be a bit confusing. When I first started chasing them down I got quotes from TJM for $220 each. It turned out though, that these were for the Spanish built units and don't fit the Thai built ones.

I talked to them about that and they offered to custom make a set for $350 each fitted I think.

I must admit some confusion, I have people telling me that the Brown Davis ones fit both, if that was the case, why wouldn't they all fit, guess it must be something to do with shape changes and bolts holes I suppose.

Anyway, I have my new car now so will try and talk to Tosca's this week and see what I can arrange.

Cheers, db.

Hi All,

Spoke to Andrian at Toscas yesterday, looks like I will be taking the Nav. over next week for them to have a look at making up a set of plates. Just waiting on a call to let me know which day.

Cheers, db.

Keep us posted Aka.

If they get the template made up from yours and it ends up being a reasonable price I think I may be persuaded to go their.

Hi All,

Spoke to Andrian at Toscas yesterday, looks like I will be taking the Nav. over next week for them to have a look at making up a set of plates. Just waiting on a call to let me know which day.

Cheers, db.

This shouldn't be too difficult for the Tocsa crowd. I seem to remember reading on the Pathfinder forum that they were already selling the plates for the Pathy and it ain't too different from the D40. Do a search on Pathfinders' Club of Australia Home Page

Latest posts

Back