Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a 2010 d40 ST thai built , i bought the tjm bash plates for spanish built d40, they do not bolt straight on but all you have to do is drill 4 new holes in the gearbox/transfer bashplate for the gearbox crossmember, the front plate fits fine. i fitted mine using nutserts so it is easy to remove if needed.
cheers
geoff

i have a 2010 d40 ST thai built , i bought the tjm bash plates for spanish built d40, they do not bolt straight on but all you have to do is drill 4 new holes in the gearbox/transfer bashplate for the gearbox crossmember, the front plate fits fine. i fitted mine using nutserts so it is easy to remove if needed.
cheers
geoff

Got any Pics Geoff?

Hi all, new to the forum, I got the brown davis ones for my king cab (thai build) and they bolted straight up. I was pleasantly surprised as I was prepared to have to modify them to make them fit.
John

This is what the TJM plates look like on my Spanish built 2008 D40.

Attachments

• bash_plates.JPG
    bash_plates.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 247
Took the Nav out back of Samford today.
I reckon my Avenger bash plate from Superior Engineering paid for itself. Its 4mm plate and it now has two fairly big dents in it.
They might seem overpriced but its cheaper than doing a sump half way up a bush track!

Took the Nav out back of Samford today.
I reckon my Avenger bash plate from Superior Engineering paid for itself. Its 4mm plate and it now has two fairly big dents in it.
They might seem overpriced but its cheaper than doing a sump half way up a bush track!

Mate i have the Brown Davis bash plates and they have saved my underbody more time than i can count, they are a must when off road IMO.
Where abouts at Samford did you go, got any pics?

I went to a Driver's Awareness Program at a 4x4 club's ground. Didn't get any pics but brought back heaps of mud in the undercarriage. almost top dressed the lawn with it. :wash_truck:

Bash plates for D40 Series 4 STX

Hi, Has anyone fitted bash plates to the Series 4 STX? I have worked my way through all the postings here regards bash plates and I an still unsure which way to go. The TJM front plate looks simple to install but my local TJM shop says the new Series 4 is different and they have no listing for it. ORE sell the Brown Davis plates and say it will fit but don't have any in stock at the moment for me to look at. Also looking at the pics here of the TJM front plate it appears that they only bolt on at the front bracket behind the bumper and the first crossbar from the forward wishbone arm. The BD plates also appear to have brackets that attach to the chassis where the recovery points go. My bullbar already has a bracket here so will this lower the plate at the frone making it hard to align with the front bracket and filler plate? Appreciate members opinions and advice.
Cheers....Phill

Brown Davis Bashplate for Series 4 STX

Hi, Has anyone fitted bash plates to the Series 4 STX?

OK I have now fitted a bash plate to my Series 4 STX. I spoke to the guys at ORE in Myaree who assured me that they had fittes B&D guards to a couple of D40 series 4 so I purchased the guard from them and installed myself. The Brown Davis part # is UGNND40F1 and the part description is Navara D40 Series 1, 2 & 3 Front Diff & Sump Guard. I can confirm that this part fitted straight up to my S4 STX with only minor enlarging of the front bolt holes needed to ensure a good fit without having to fight to get the bolts in. The only fitting problem I have is I was left with a 20mm gap between the front of the guard and the filler plate from the bottom of my bullbar. This is an easy fix which I will do once the fab shops are back at work after new year as I need a piece of 3mm plate cut & bent to fill the gap. If you have the std bumper then there are fixing points on the new guard that present in the same location of the fixing points on the factory guard.

I have attached some pics of the guard & install. As you can see the BD guard is not just a piece of bent plate. There is some decent strenthening and I like the flush fitting sump plug access & cover.

Cheers...Phill

Attachments

• FActory guard fitted.jpg
    FActory guard fitted.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Factory guard.jpg
    Factory guard.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 243
  • Unprotected front.jpg
    Unprotected front.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 246
  • BD Guard front.jpg
    BD Guard front.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 252
  • BD Guard rear view.jpg
    BD Guard rear view.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 240
Brown Davis Bashplate for Series 4 STX

More pics of the install. Still need to fill in the gap between guard & bullbar

Attachments

• BD Rear bracket.jpg
    BD Rear bracket.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 158
  • BD Rear Bracket fitted.jpg
    BD Rear Bracket fitted.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Sump Plug access.jpg
    Sump Plug access.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Sump access cover fitted.jpg
    Sump access cover fitted.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 176
  • Gap.jpg
    Gap.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 169
i'd leave the gap, nothing much is gonna get through there but fresh air for the engine cooling

Your engine bay is way too clean.

Yep you are right but then this is mainly a beach babe and I can't remember last time it rained enough around here to make some mud. Hoping to go bush in couple of weeks time with maddogrc so maybe we can get her dirty then.

Thanks STX Owner,

I just took delivery of the brown daivs sump guard and will be fitting to my ST Nav this weekend. Will show every one pics of it mating up to the ARB bull bar and other shots.

Cheers

Careful guys, not all brown davis d40 sump guards are the same.
Fited mine jsut now, it has no sumpy plug access point and is folded slightly different to the above pics. I am also missing some bolt holes on the leading top edge.

It fitted up with a lot of mucking about, kit did not come with every thing you need.

TJM quoted me $500 for the whole front to transfer case fitted, i reccommend you go with TJM if you still deciding.

Got any pics Krunchi? Was thinking of ordering some BD front sump and diff as well as tranfer case guards this week for my ST.

Yep you are right but then this is mainly a beach babe and I can't remember last time it rained enough around here to make some mud. Hoping to go bush in couple of weeks time with maddogrc so maybe we can get her dirty then.

They do come with everthing to fit them, i would say they mucked up your order, but you are right you need to drill a hole for the sump plug but i did'nt think that was too much of a problem, i think from memory i needed to drill 2 or 3 holes for the cross member again it was very easy to do, i can only comment on the BD plates only but i believe they are a great underbody gaurd.... cheap insurance too cause if i didn'nt have mine on the ute i would hate to think how much damage i would have done to the under side of my ute,

Last edited:
CAM500 as you can see from STXowners pics, his came from BD with the removable sump plug access and also the front of the guard has a internal bracing bar. The BD guard i had supplied my Mitchell Bros is lacking this.

The BD guard i have supplied bolts to the existing tow hook point and the black slock on the other side chasis rail where a second tow hook could be. Then you mount a cross member brace to your existing cross member for the guard to bolt to at the back. You have to drill holes in the cross member brace they supply.
By the look of ht epics about the front leading edge of the guard has mount/bolt points, not the case with the one i got supplied. Not happy i was supplied and older version, i would hav epaid extra for the most recent, plan to call the supplier and see whats going on.
CAM btw i am in bris so your welcome to check it out, i work CBD mon-fri if thats easy for you.

CAM500 as you can see from STXowners pics, his came from BD with the removable sump plug access and also the front of the guard has a internal bracing bar. The BD guard i had supplied my Mitchell Bros is lacking this.

The BD guard i have supplied bolts to the existing tow hook point and the black slock on the other side chasis rail where a second tow hook could be. Then you mount a cross member brace to your existing cross member for the guard to bolt to at the back. You have to drill holes in the cross member brace they supply.
By the look of ht epics about the front leading edge of the guard has mount/bolt points, not the case with the one i got supplied. Not happy i was supplied and older version, i would hav epaid extra for the most recent, plan to call the supplier and see whats going on.
CAM btw i am in bris so your welcome to check it out, i work CBD mon-fri if thats easy for you.

Thanks Krunchi, might take you up on it. I was think of ordering mine through Mitchell Bros as well. Should I ask for the recent version then?

Back