Bathurst time again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems we all have our one eye on, myself included other wise there wouldn`t be any racing. I love Bathurst and all the gee ups. Bring it on and go ford I have a carton riding on it.

I'm also sick of the way so many drivers are quick to blame someone else for their stuff ups, come on guys you're all professional racers doing the same bloody thing and will push hard just to get one spot higher, accidents are bound to happen. Some will inevitably be caused by others but at times accidents are also caused by you so get over it and stop making out you're so hard done by (looking suspiciously at Winterbottom).

Other than V8 racing is good stuff :big_smile:

bet you loved to watch brad jones race nothing was ever his fault. i still love the fact that when craig lowndes cliped the wall in the lead a few years ago he fixed the car come back out and recived a wheel through his wind screen and he still had a smile on his face as he said thats racing. that is the best example of a true sportsman that enjoys his job .

im a holden man and if i was to put some money down it would go towards craig lowndes and mark skaife. although i would love to see glen seaton win bathurst.

bet you loved to watch brad jones race nothing was ever his fault. i still love the fact that when craig lowndes cliped the wall in the lead a few years ago he fixed the car come back out and recived a wheel through his wind screen and he still had a smile on his face as he said thats racing. that is the best example of a true sportsman that enjoys his job .

Brad and Kim Jones, they are both as bad as each other, actually that should be as good as each other because every prang they ever had like you say was someone elses fault. Lowndes does seem to understand sportsmanship and he appears to have passed it on to Whincup too, there isn't often you see either too shitty, even if it's a case of they know not to do it on camera then punch a wall in the truck atleast it's better than looking like a Winterbottom or a Jones.

It's a pity those stupid rule changes came in where they have to have A and B drivers in different cars, once upon a time that was a given at Bathurst then teams started swapping and changing and now it's a penalty to the teams that worked hard over the years to make their A and B drivers work in one car.

Bathurst is a day where anything and everything can go wrong (who can't remember Murph going to the dunny in his pit penalty) but Lowndes and Whincup would still have made a bloody good team again, and the fact that they aren't means I reckon we should go for a dead heat, there has been enough of those this year whats one more.

im a holden man and if i was to put some money down it would go towards craig lowndes and mark skaife. although i would love to see glen seaton win bathurst.

I'll second both those comments.
Seaton is easily the best driver never to have won Bathurst.
He's definitely a long shot and a lot of drivers will have to have a really bad day but now he's in a Holden it'll help:yes4:.

Brad and Kim Jones, they are both as bad as each other, actually that should be as good as each other because every prang they ever had like you say was someone elses fault.

You should have Ambrose then Dick Johnson on top of that list.

Anyway, Frosty's put his Ford on pole :suicide2:

Bring on tomorrow morning I say!!:cheers!:
I'm a bit ticked off tho as I got a killer case of bronchitis and the annual Bathurst get together at my place with the evening BBQ has been turned into a solo party:argh::rant:

The sad thing is there should be more names on the top of the list than on the alternate list of those who don't blame the rest of the world for every stuff up.

Lowndes column in the paper yesterday quoted 11 out of 50 winners of Bathurst started on pole so with a bit of luck Winterbottom has lost it already.

That's the main reason I'm not watching (that an the fact I have some work to do before the race), but usually those pre recorded stories are so annoying and lame that it makes tuning in painful. They used to also play those stories on and off during the Sat coverage so if you are lazy enough to sit down and watch both days the repetitiveness of them is a bit annoying. Good to hear they are finally waking up and doing some half decent stories though.

How good was that??? I could watch that all day. Man I wish I could get hold of the tapes from the seventies

How good was that??? I could watch that all day. Man I wish I could get hold of the tapes from the seventies

You can get them on dvd mate, highlights at least. I got one from the racing museum at Bathurst but I'm sure you would be able to get them online somewhere.

A few years ago when ABC2 first started they used to have "Late Night Legends" in the last hour before station close. I saw a race from the mid 60's which had an EH a Mini and a American falcon all going heal to toe for lap after lap. BRILLIANT!!!

Latest posts

Back