Bathurst time again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when Dicky Johnson climbed into a 2-litre turbo charged Sierra and shat all over the Holdens. Holden screamed like babies over that, having brought out their own A9X and trounced over Ford a few years before, funny how the worm turned.

I suppose that things might get a little too dangerous with an "open" class. Imagine if Shiek Mohammed El Gimmedacashi sponsored a Bugatti Veyron in there. It'd be bloody entertaining seeing something smack 400km/h on Conrod, but they'd only get 2 laps before needing a tyre change in it. Might get a little tedious watching them do 80 pit stops!

Spot on Tony agree 100% here. I was watching that 5 hour Bathurst history show last week, and to have current Beemers, Mitsubishis etc mixing it up with our V8s would be great to see.

It will never happen again, but although the current series has a loyal following, I'm sure back in '93/'94 when the rules started to change a lot of followers lost interest. Back then there was a huge difference in performance between the V8s and "smaller" cars, (except Godzilla and the Sierras), but current technology would have these models up there with the Holdens/Fords.

Ah well, can only dream.....

As you can see though, the majority does'nt want this hence the current situation.

No use crying for the past, it would'nt work anymore.
I mean do you think there'd be the huge following comming to see the local hoons racing their "fully sick mate commodores" and rice burners.
I dont think so.
mate, its long gone.

Yes i miss the days the our 60's muscle car raced and it was great, but its history.
Its for nostalgia video nights.

BOO to ch 7 for not supplying HD coverage, and for starting the race 'LIVE' and finishing the race 27 minutes in DELAY due to advertising commitments...

BLOODY FUKIN BOO:rant::rant::rant:

CH7 has no HD camera's because they lent them to CH10 for the Comm Games. Same reason the 2nd AFL Grand Final was shown in SD, the camera's were at the games.

That and the delay was bloody poor form on CH7's behalf if you ask me. Not to mention the amount of bloody ads.

I remember when Dicky Johnson climbed into a 2-litre turbo charged Sierra and shat all over the Holdens. Holden screamed like babies over that, having brought out their own A9X and trounced over Ford a few years before, funny how the worm turned.

I suppose that things might get a little too dangerous with an "open" class. Imagine if Shiek Mohammed El Gimmedacashi sponsored a Bugatti Veyron in there. It'd be bloody entertaining seeing something smack 400km/h on Conrod, but they'd only get 2 laps before needing a tyre change in it. Might get a little tedious watching them do 80 pit stops!

If u wana go back well then what about GODZILLAS wiping the floor with the V8s in the NISSAN TURBO.....BEST CAR TO RACE UP THERE ,NO DOUBT:rock:

I think it great to race the two Ausie icons, it is a same to me that they have such small revelance to our ausie cars. And same on ford for allowing holden to embarass the ford name with the lack of support to the teams that were giving them there sales. "What wins on sunday sells on Monday"

Its a shame.

Ford Australia dont have much time or money for motorsport in this country anymore.

I wonder how much Toyota is going to shake them up when they join in, is it still definately happening? I heard 2012.

I thought Toyota pulled out of the idea because it was no gain for them?

They are outselling Ford & Holden now without having to win a race.

I thought Toyota pulled out of the idea because it was no gain for them?

They are outselling Ford & Holden now without having to win a race.

Regardless,
you'll never get the rivalry, 'vibe' you get 'tween holden and ford fans.

Latest posts

Back