Best mods for stock exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds promising, can you recommend any sort of muffler?
Should I even bother with an ebay special? If they even sell them on there
anything cheap. straight through is good.

but if someone is doing cheap kits i would be inclined to grab that. even if you have to save up for it.

i am pretty sure the later model D-22 2.5 litre jobs have a 2.5 inch exhaust as standard, if so how about just replacing the Dump Pipe with a less restrictive one and fit a free flow muffler [ toss the stock muffler ] this will certainly let the engine expell its gases alot quicker than in stock form thus giving a power boost somewhere in the rpm range.

I own a ZD30,
I don't see why you give up, I just like having all the info. I never said you were wrong, I probly will get the whole system after I save a bit of money.

stay away from 3" exhausts on a standart d22 because you will lose power rather than gain some. you always need some backpressure so stay 2.5" like stock no matter what. a turbo back 2.5" would be the best but not the worth the money in my opinion, on stock always!

Absolute BS--do you have facts to back that statement or or just internet chat

I have the facts which are backed up by a dyno..before and after

A 3" system with a muffler and hot dog produced as much as my DP chip..both 10% each.

Absolute BS--do you have facts to back that statement or or just internet chat I have the facts which are backed up by a dyno..before and after A 3" system with a muffler and hot dog produced as much as my DP chip..both 10% each.

Agree 100% Gazza. Must be a Internet Warrior...

A exhaust alone add's 10% hp

Without taking into account for a DP chip!!!

This is fact not fiction......

Some people

stay away from 3" exhausts on a standart d22 because you will lose power rather than gain some. you always need some backpressure so stay 2.5" like stock no matter what. a turbo back 2.5" would be the best but not the worth the money in my opinion, on stock always!

backpressure ?

i love when someone has a stock to the bones diesel engines and thinks he can get 10% more power and torque by an exhaust, good luck!

back pressure yes, i dont know what kind of emission standarts you get in Au, but all d22 up here must have a catalyst converter fitted, everyone i know who tried to go bigger exhaust size ended up going slower also. 2.5 engine

back pressure yes, i dont know what kind of emission standarts you get in Au, but all d22 up here must have a catalyst converter fitted, everyone i know who tried to go bigger exhaust size ended up going slower also. 2.5 engine

You don't need any more back pressure than a log style exhaust manifold and Turbo charger hanging off the engine. As stated in my previous post that is the exhaust system anything after is just the means of getting rid of the spent gasses from under the bonnet. No back pressure from there required. If you think it does I like to know how and why.

On a say a Toyota 1 HZ engine (naturally aspirated), yes going to a 3 inch over 2.5 will actually have a decrease on output.

I fitted a 3inch exhaust to my my zd30 a few months back no mufflers but has a high flow cat. You will notice the difference straight away. Turbo spools earlier and the car is alot nicer to drive. Sounds awesome. I got a quality stainless system. But there are heaps of $500 systems for them now

You don't need any more back pressure than a log style exhaust manifold and Turbo charger hanging off the engine. As stated in my previous post that is the exhaust system anything after is just the means of getting rid of the spent gasses from under the bonnet. No back pressure from there required. If you think it does I like to know how and why.

On a say a Toyota 1 HZ engine (naturally aspirated), yes going to a 3 inch over 2.5 will actually have a decrease on output.

Just put a muffler INTO my 3" system
Car runs 150% better! hold gears properly and down on fuel!

Latest posts

Back