BJJ84 D40 build up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJJ84

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've started posting some comments on what I'm going to do to my Nav, so I thought I'd best start a thread for it on its own.

I bought the car new in Feb 2012 and so far have only added the alloy bullbar, roof racks and spotties.

I have sourced all parts for my lift and am waiting for them to arrive. Lift will consist of
Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts with Dobinsons MD 40mm coils
Bilstein 5100 shocks with Toughdog 0-300 50mm leaves

will post pics of the suspension fitting when everything arrives, pic attached is from stock

cheers

Brett

Attachments

• nav.JPG
    nav.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 17,300
Nice one matey, I'm also looking forward to your suspension install and feedback as I will be fitting pretty much the same setup as you in the next few months or so.. Hope to see more mods soon!

Looking forward to the build up mate, very keen to see the suspension all done.

has been an anxious wait but the shocks finally arrived today! hopefully i an squeeze into my mate workshop one night next week and get it all fitted!

Awesome mate - looking forward to hearing how this all goes... I picked up my coils and leafs today off zordo and hopefully the shocks arrive mid next week. Can't wait!

Hi guys, finally got the lift installed. Had it serviced yesterday so ended up getting the mech to fit it. Consists of the 0-300kg toughdog leaves, dobinson MD coils and bilstein 5100's alround with the fronts on the 2nd clip. Overal got 60mm rear and 70mm front making it sit pretty much level. Looks to be squatting a bit in the pic cos it still has all the old gear in the tub.

Also put a tray ona mates D40 last week and bought his hardlid for $400. Was black, gave it to the boys in the paint shop who had some blue left over, come up great!

Attachments

• lifted 20130308.jpg
    lifted 20130308.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 406
Whats the measurement from bottom of rim to top of guard (front) and how much down travel do you still have as in difference between above measurement and tire off ground

Whats the measurement from bottom of rim to top of guard (front) and how much down travel do you still have as in difference between above measurement and tire off ground

haven't checked the droop yet but it doesn't have much room before the UCA will hit the coil bucket, I will get UCA's in the future.

measurements on the sheet are:
front left - was 744 now 814 - 70mm
front right - was 741 now 813 - 72mm
rear left - was 756 now 816 - 60mm
rear left - was 755 now 810 - 55mm

Nice I've got my B6 bilsteins on the first clip and front has settled at 795mm yours did look higher LOL! I only have 30 mm down travel though because of this, I'm thinking about maybe taking it off the first clip and putting a coil spacer in with new UCA's to achieve more down travel and a good wheel alignment. That's why I was interested to see what you had in down travel.

ah, i see. i'll definitely be investing in some UCA's in the near future.

I have to say though, this setup is awesome! went to Bribie yesterday and hit 100kph on the track leading to the beach, was very impressed, didn't even realise i was going that fast, my mate with his stock D40 could only get up to about 50kph!

disappointed to see the beach was closed once we got there, but the trip down to the gates was fun!

new tyres fitted last night, from 255/65R17 to 265/70R17 Federal A/T's fitted for $210 a tyre! they fill the guards better now!

Attachments

• lifted and tyres.jpg
    lifted and tyres.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Back