body mounts fixed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have heard a few people talk about a knocking noise up front of the d22 thai models. I to had that problem, took it in the first time they said they tighten everything up. Of course it did nothing, took it back the second time said it's the body mounts change them. They said Ok but dont have the parts. Took it back third time, replaced the Body mounts (4) of them, and you wouldn't believe it, it's fixed. Car is still under new car, so didn't cost anthing.
So now that its fixed, Im thinking I live in S.A the state with the least amount of rain, I think I need some BFG mud tyres? They are gonna look so good on my truck, And if I see water or mud I should be OK.
Take Care, rappa out.

Hey Rappy. Just curious mate do you have a lift kit or any other suspension upgrades? Last time i asked nissan to have a look at the body mounts due to that knock ive been experiencing, they said they can have a look but wont do a thing under warranty as the car suspension has been modified/replace.

They will get out of it anyway possible, mines shocking, feels like someone is bashin the floor with a hammer from underneath

They will get out of it anyway possible, mines shocking, feels like someone is bashin the floor with a hammer from underneath

Mine only happens sometimes, and this may sound strange but it happens much more on warmer, or really hot days. If im driving the car slow and stop, the roll forward makes that clunk noise, likewise in reverse. For instance the cool day in melbourne on sunday, i drove around all day and it didnt do it once.
I'm only assuming mines the body mounts thats causing this. Annoying.

They might try and get out of fixing it, but most dealers know that the thai model does have faulty body mounts. I would try another dealer. I have only lifted up the torshan bar's a bit. Its four mounts, just put the hard word on them. Cheers Rappa

Body mounts on my 2012 d22 knock terribly on dirt rounds and sometimes hitting potholes.
Taking it in for it's 10 000 service I told them about it and they found the problem and will replace them.
This seems like a temporary fix though - are there better mounts I can get put in that won't be stuffed after 1000km?

Nissan had 8 attemps to fix mine first they would tighten then lubricate,then replace one at a time till they got it correct,now at 35000 it's gone again getting a lift kit from zordo in next few weeks he is going the check mounts,and replace faulty ones,even though i have a year of wty i don't bother with nissan.

Well ive had mine all replaced 2 times and guess what i just hit 58,000 and ive got that banging noise from the front right of the car again.

There broken for sure.

Alos gone out of warranty , Car goes to NIssan tomorrow this should be interesting.

Im almost tempted to take this to ACA

I had mine replaced at 15000 and havent had a knock since. Almost 80000 on the odo now and no issues. Mines a 09model and the replaced all mounts under warranty with apparent better quality items.

I believe the patrol mounts will fit and are a better mount
will be doing mine soon with patrol mounts

I had mine replaced at 15000 and havent had a knock since. Almost 80000 on the odo now and no issues. Mines a 09model and the replaced all mounts under warranty with apparent better quality items.

Can you find out what ones they replaced them with? I was thinking of trying to find polly ones or something that are stronger.

Im so over braking these mounts im tempted to sell the car!

Patrol mounts. I will ask Nissan tomorrow about that. I hope your correct.

What year model patrol? Ive got the 2009 model Str d22

There has to be some solution to this issue. driving me insane.

Last edited:
not sure what model but I doubt the mounts in the patrols have changed much in the last 10 years
my info came from zordo, will need to contact him to verify

My D22 creaks like a geriatric under brakes, sounds like left rear. Nissan answer was they tightened the body and tray mounts, but it did nothing.
Will have to check canopy and rack mounts, but it sounds like its underneath or in the tray from the drivers seat.

I am in the process of doing this now Zordo has said there is nothing aftermarket I am getting a price from Nizbits and am going to replace all of the cab mounts will keep you posted as to the price.
John

I am unsure of what material but they told me when i dropped it in and they took it for a drive and said yes body mounts have fallen out. Inpicked car up that afternoon with new mounts. They told me they had had heaps of issues with poor quailty material because of being thai built amd had replaced them with better quality items. Dont know any further details sorry.
Rusty

Dropped car off at Nissan this morning and was advised there is a recall on the D22's with chasis problems.

There pc system was down so they couldnt check with head office but the guy was sure my car had a recall.

Personally im not sure about that i thought the D40 had a recall. I checked the online sites and nothing about d22's.

Im calling them up in a few hours again to see whats going on with it all.

Ill keep you updated.

Latest posts

Back