body mounts fixed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update my vin number isnt listed on the recall list.

I knew it be to good to be true.

Its still being worked on as of 250pm.

Waiting on phone call.

Yeah i got a quote from nizbitz as well just incase Nissan dont help me out. But im thinking of getting the patrol mounts as well.

Sorry guys thats what i was told by Nissan. I think personally he had it mixed up with the d40.

Anyways the update is the body mount have perrished again and since the car is now out of warranty they wont fix it unless its approved by NIssan Australia.

I have left the car at Nissan saying this isnt good enough i want a solution as ive gone through 2 sets of body mounts under warranty and now this is the 3rd time. He goes if Nissan Australia say yes to fix it we will. I said i dont want it fixed as they will just break again and ill be back in 10,000 kms for more replacements. I worked it out from the paper work i had all 6 body mounts replaced 14,000 kms ago and yesterday they confirmed they have perrished again and need replacing!!! My Car is 2009 D22 and ive only done 57,000kms owned from Brand new.

Serious Nissan is a joke. 3 Times this has happened to me.

I'm waiting for a phone call today about if NIssan will fix for free again.

There has to be something wrong with the chassis or body or something for this to keep happening.

IM seriously considering taking this to A Current Affair if this isnt sorted out.

If i get no where im going to get a group of people with the same problem and make a petition website or something. Their a billion dollar company and cant even fix body mounts!

Also thinking about seeking legal advise on this.

Can certainly see your frustration we go bush with mates in an 06 and 08 they have never had any trouble what seems strange is they tell you there is a recall yet as your out of wty they won't help you without approval on my previous rig a recall notice came when it was 4 years out of wty.

Like i have said i am on my second set but they were replaced a few years back probably with the same crappy ones i have ordered a set through nizzbits for the $360 to replace the lot with the improved ones i cannot be bothered arguing with nissan but i wish you best of luck and keep us posted as to the outcome there certainly is grounds for legal help in this sad situation. :deadhorse2:

That's the problem with Nissan doing them. They just put the Vin into the computer and it tells you which ones you need. At least nizzbitz knows the problem and will give you the better replacements. I know mine are pretty much fooked too, but they don't make too much noise just yet so they can stay put for now...

What are the usual symptoms for a stuffed mount/mounts. When I shutdown my Nav i get a big clunk from something and I can't find it. Wondering if it could be a mount. Mine is jap built tho.

What are the usual symptoms for a stuffed mount/mounts. When I shutdown my Nav i get a big clunk from something and I can't find it. Wondering if it could be a mount. Mine is jap built tho.

That could be the exhaust if it isn't stock. Some have issues with aftermarket ones hitting the rear left shackle bolt. Body mounts normally rattle over corrugation type bumps, if you can hear anything over the general noise... Most noticeable when cornering as one side of the vehicle is unloaded so you can hear the mount rattling

Has anybody had dramas with the 05 jap built models ?? I've got the single cab and when going around a right hand corner that's rough it feels like something's thumping my foot...

Thanks bods. I do have a aftermarket exhaust and it is well clear of the shackles. The noise sound like it is coming from the front left side somewhere. I need to get the other half to turn it off while I'm under it one day to see what it is. Just thought I would ask about the mounts as it could of been it.

Cheers.

Navmania.

I have the same thing on my 09 model. Have a look for where the exhaust comes aroung the gearbox and over the mount. I have a slight rub mark on the bottom of the exhaust from where it's been touching the crossmember on shutdown and start up. I think this is my culprit but it'll take some time to get to fix it as I need to remove bashplates etc.

Well here is a update from head office.

They believe even though this has been happening from day 1 when i purchased the car, there is no manufacturing problem or installation problem and there for will NOT cover the costs for new mounts.

So what i am in the process of doing is seeking legal advise and also talking with ACA!

Im sure Nissan wont like there name in the head lines with ACA!

You know what i couldnt give 2 ****s.

Also my car is being left at NIssan im not collecting it until this is resolved.

Hope it turns out for you mate i crawled under mine and every mount is perished 6 were replaced only 18mths ago under wty thanks for keeping us up to date.
John:deadhorse2:

I talked to Consumer affairs and I will be covered under Australian Consumer Law.

Sending them all the info they need tonight and there going in to bat for me if Nissan dont fix.

Still waiting to hear back from NIssan they have until tomorrow.

Cant believe they havent even responded at all.

Finally got my mounts sorted i got the new ones from nizzbits the 8 of them cost $369 the old ones were shagged perished and the tube corroded.Zordo put them in they are 10mm longer than the original as a result the body has raised and a slight gap between the bullbar,also nissan had only replaced 2 when they told me 6 had been done they also damaged a mount putting it in so now it drives like new no thumping at all hopefully thats the end of it.

i rang nisswreck a while ago and got a set of mounts off a pre 09 (jap built) d22 and there like new (obviously off a wrecked car), no clunking and only cost about $60

I think that it's crazy that an aftermarket company hasn't started making these mounts properly..,

Latest posts

Back