BP90 D22 Navara STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think there is a few pics around, im pretty sure you cant fit a battery there with a safari coz the intake bend is in the way.

bryan

i think there is a few pics around, im pretty sure you cant fit a battery there with a safari coz the intake bend is in the way.

bryan

Yeah thats what i mean, like one of the upsides to the yd25 snorkel would be having that space for a dual battery.

so i finaly got around to ordering my snorkel which turned up this arvo.
i got the genuine yd25 snorkel from NIZZBITs, great comunication and prompt delivery from him. even though his price was a little dearer than the other price quotes for a tjm and safari and a genuine snorkel off ebay. none of those suppliers could tell me for sure if their snorkel would get rid of the precleaner except for safari which they couldnt tell me for sure what size holesaw was needed till i i ordered it and it arrived. so the yd25 snorkel from NIZZBITs was just less hassle for me.

will have to cant wait until i get back from a trip to visit my brother to install it though. bryan (04SilverSTR) will be helping me install it to make sure i dont break anything haha.

but will put up install and after pics once done.

7f78157b.jpg

Righto so little update on my Nav. Yesterday me and another Nav.asia forum member Bryan (04SilverSTR) fitted my genuine nissan yd25 snorkel to my zd30. Thanks again to bryan, was a big help, and also had the right holesaw and a set of ratchet spanners which made the job so much easier so that will be the next thing on my tool shopping list :). Rito heres some pics of the install and after it.

Heres all the airbox, pre cleaner and associated pipe work out,
153c70b3.jpg

Put on the template and centre punched the holes.
e3ae6e96.jpg

Got all the stud holes and the big hole cut ready for painting (really wasnt keen on drilling and cutting the holes, bryan did most of it but i reluctantly drilled 2 holes and finished of the big hole after bryan lined it all up ad started the cut.
485cfeee.jpg

After putting it all togethor, got plenty of space for a dual battery tray now that the precleaner is gone
da92913e.jpg

And pics from the outside
2f9df597.jpg

e9fa078a.jpg

Quite noticeable gains from the snorkel i thought quite a bit more responsive, great induction noise aswell. need to get a new air filter, get some foam to ensur the airbox is properly sealed, and then block the egr off.

Last edited:
nice looking rig mate.

all it needs is a nice black bullbar to finish the look of.

keep up the good work

satisfying when you do something your self, can sit back later and say i did that. Best thing i bought was a set of ratchet ring spanners,

nice looking rig mate.

all it needs is a nice black bullbar to finish the look of.

keep up the good work

satisfying when you do something your self, can sit back later and say i did that. Best thing i bought was a set of ratchet ring spanners,

and it looks good, nice colour to

Cheers guys,
Yeah calcal i wana get a black steel winch bar, wont really finish off the look though cause i wana get rid ofthe sidesteps and put some black rocksliders and piss of the chrome rearbar for a black bar with spare wheel carrier. Plus i got a few other ideas for the front that im still tossing up about.

Yeah d22dave it was good to do it myself got me even more keen to do stuff myself, and definately a set of ratchet ring spanner is next on the cards in the way of tools. Im glad bryan (04SilverSTR) brought his along for the snorkel install.

Yeah side steps definitely have to come off!!! I've been so busy with other things on my car that's why mine are still there!! What other things have you got planned for the front??

Yeah side steps definitely have to come off!!! I've been so busy with other things on my car that's why mine are still there!! What other things have you got planned for the front??

Ah nothing to exciting really just duno what it will look like, im thinking about painting the chrome part of the grill the same colour as the car and painting the headlights black. Try an get rid of a bit more of that chrome.

Just thought id load some pics of what the navs been up to. I got some aero 2500 rhino racks
a8c3a572.jpg

Went out 4bin with a few mates through some local tracks havent got many pics but will get some from my mates camera. Got stuck twice, nothing major and never took much to get out just one tug, i thought the nav did alright considering how sloppy it was and was getting through parts that 2 other blokes who were there had a bit more of a struggle with than i did. But all good fun.
bf82c28d.jpg

And i painted my headlights today and put brighter bulbs in them.
4676cc22.jpg

Gotta fix my bullbar lights (indicators and parkers). And ive started ginning around with a sca dual battery tray, making brackets and what not to get it mount firmly and level in the nav in where the precleaner used to be.
4b2679c6.jpg

Yeah mate its pretty simple to do just take a few hours and some paitience. Ive done it with a fair few cars now and had never seen it done on a navara, so thought id give it a go, alot cheaper then the aftermarket black headlights and you dont gotta worry about the plugs and mounting being different. I might build up a thread today on how i did it i took a few progress pis of it, and i will get some pics of the car later today. Would look alot better with a black bullbar or even a colour coded bullbar

Last edited:
Rito heres a better pic of the headlights actually looks better with the alloy bullbar than what i thought it would.
e49040a1.jpg

073067f0.jpg

e6696c84.jpg

Anyways let me know whatbyas think and if anyone wants to know nore about how i did it then feel free to ask and i can upload more pics of how i did it etc.

Latest posts

Back