Brisbane random chat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got a 1000k service to be done at 9am tomorrow so im in from about 11 onwards, ill bring my photography gear aswell to get some happy snaps if your all keen?

well i got a 1000k service to be done at 9am tomorrow so im in from about 11 onwards, ill bring my photography gear aswell to get some happy snaps if your all keen?

Sounds good to me mate!

Ill bring my camera aswell to try get some of yours, though my photgraphic abilty stops at point and shoot haha.

Meet at Matilda on Steve Irwin way at 11?

Still have to get stuck into that Brodie, have to work out how to securely insert the 2 air bypass hoses into the new silicone elbow. These things always take me ages to work out :sad:. I don't think you have these hoses on the diesels, pretty sure they are just a V6 thing.

I've been laying out under the nav for the last 30 mins trying to work out how these ironman bash plates go on. Theres 3 hooks that are supposed to mount on the front axle beam, I'm stuffed if I can see how/where. I always get stuck right at the start, :big_smile:.

Rusty, I'll have to have a look at yours, I have no idea.

Ray let me know what days you have free this week or wknd. i can pop over ad give you a hand with a few things if you wish? the brackets are pretty simple and the rear plate is the same, its jus that front plate you may come stuck with.

i have Friday afternoon and i think saturday morning free. not sure on sunday but most likely afternoon aswell.

Rusty

Ray, they go on the front crossmember which the lower control arms come off if i remember correctly. The one level with about the middle of the wheels.

Ray, they go on the front crossmember which the lower control arms come off if i remember correctly. The one level with about the middle of the wheels.

Thats the one I was looking at Mitch, but I just could not see how the existing holes drilled there lined up with the front of the plate.

Rusty, if you have an hour spare Friday/Sat/Sun that would be great. The more I sit and look at it, it makes less and less sense, :big_smile:. I'm home those 3 days. :cheers!:

Would love too mate but im not home until friday, have fun Matt. Ray I thought the same thing with those plate, rang zordo while I laid under the car..... Got a explanation from him and bang it was done. I've still got to remove them and put them back on so see how that goes..... When are we camping at LCMP for a night?

Mate I'm on hols till 18th Jan, so I'd love to get away for a night or 2 before then, LCMP would be good. Because its a 3 hour drive for us we usually stay 2 nights minimum to make it worthwhile. But really, any time we can arrange it we should be good to go, :cheers!:.

I get the same with projects Ray, get all the gear, look at it and think "now how the hell is this going to work?"

How was the trip today?

I went out yesterday into the regular tracks and found some new track.
Decided to go exploring and a nice easy rock track turned into a BS hard clay track which I got stuck in a spot I could not get out of.
Spent 1 hour winching myself around a rut that was at least 4 foot deep, turned around and spent the next hour and a half winching myself back up the hill of clay.
So glad to have the bashplate on, has a lot of nice gouges out of it now.
Now I will get off my ass and stick the transfer case on as well.
That $350 winch paid for itself so many times over yesterday.

Today was great found some nice challenging spots, got stuck in a mudpit. Mitch's D40 went amazingly well!

Pics in the trips and touring section.

hmm lcmp would be a treat to go to. shame i am back at work already and maybe working that wknd to pay for the extra christmas gifts. i am trying to see what wknds i am free late jan early feb so i cna organise a trip to glasshouse. i think i m free the 28-29th wknd in jan if not then it will be the first week in feb.

rusty

I have just bought a GME TX3100 80 Channel UHF. Its bloody tiny! fits in the palm of my hand.
It is going to replace my Ancient (1989) Phillips PRM8010 that is bloody huge (Single Din Size).

Got the TX3100 for $280 thanks to the local Autobarn. Good people in there.

I just installed a Oricom 60rx -- 80 channell It's a single Din size .I had no intention of getting it but Ripco had them for $ 199 including a 6db antenna Works awsome

Latest posts

Back