broncos 2011 premiers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having been to 6 Lions games this year wityh miserable results and low attendances, was great to get back to see an NRL game last night. The crowd was awesome, the match was tight, the players run themselves ragged. And Lockyer - better than the King - producing a magic kick with a fratured check bone that took 3 metal plates to fix in surgery. Just an Awesome game and awesome effort!

Hodges knee's ok. Sam T back next week.

GO Broncos in 2011 !

I'm going for the Storm because I'm a Mexican but also because it will be a big "shove it up your arse" to David G and his croonies.

I hope DL doesn't come back this week, not because I don't think he's good enough or doesn't deserves to play but because I think the risk is too much and I'd rather see the guy go out on the high of last week than play and have something worse happen.

I want to put out there that I'm not a big storm fan (at all) but it's probably something to do with the fact that the Storm seem to have the wood on the Broncos - and as a supporter (of any team) you always want to see your team win and feel aggrieved if they have a Bogey team - However

because it will be a big "shove it up your arse" to David G and his croonies.

I don't understand why Storm & Manly supporters hate David G so much - I think the reaction he got when he was presenting the Minor Premiers trophy (which was a great effort on the part of Storm:rant: ) was just plain rude - what's he done that has upset you guys so much?

Manly v Melbourne final.

IMO Darren Lockyer is one of the most over rated players in the comp. Been with Brisbane for so long because no one else wanted him. Now because he has played so many games people think he's a legend. And now he's showing his arrogant self centered side again by risking the premiership by contemplating playing one week after having three plates inserted into his cheek.

Manly to win this weekend!

I don't like Manly but I don't like Broncos more.

Been with Brisbane for so long because no one else wanted him.

hmmmm - that's a big call

overrated or not his kicking game over the last 3 months has been amazing - the height of his kicks in play - the length of his drop kicks - awesome

Broncos vs Melbourne/NZ final.

As long as the Silvertails are not there. Nothing better than no Sydney teams playing in the GF.

I like this comment very very much!

I don't understand why Storm & Manly supporters hate David G so much - I think the reaction he got when he was presenting the Minor Premiers trophy (which was a great effort on the part of Storm:rant: ) was just plain rude - what's he done that has upset you guys so much?

I can answer that for you. Firstly, i am a Storm supporter - have been since they entered the comp (First Grade) in '99. I won't deny or condone the salary cap cheating but the way it was handled pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, the premierships and minor premierships should have been stripped. I completely agree with that. But making them play on for the rest of the year for nothing was completely f*cked. They should have been given a deadline to shed players to get themselves back under the cap and been allowed to play on (starting from scratch on the ladder of course). All that ended up happening is an inconsistent Storm team coming out and stuffing up other teams chances of getting a win or screwing with their for/against depending on if the Storm players felt like having a go on the day. Shit for everyone involved.

As for Manly... Now i'll once again start by saying i hate Manly. Always have, always will. And the 40-0 thing has scarred and will never heal. However, the way they treated Brett Stewart over the rape scandal has pissed off Manly fans and rightly so. He was stood down (i.e. suspended) from the NRL for the crime which it turned out he was cleared of. All WITHOUT an apology from the NRL or David G. If i was a Manly fan, i'd be pissed too.

I agree the reaction David G got was inappropriate and I'm not a fan of that kind of behaviour. But what i've written above will go a long way to explaining it.

P.S. Locky is a legend, deserves the title and has been around so long because he is a master at leading his team around the park. You're drawing a long bow if you think he was picked as Australia/QLD/Broncos captain for being overrated.

P.S.S. GO STORM!

making them play on for the rest of the year for nothing was completely f*cked. They should have been given a deadline to shed players to get themselves back under the cap and been allowed to play on (starting from scratch on the ladder of course).

re: storm
The big problem with the Storm scenario was no one knew what they were dealing with - was the storm $50,000, $500,000 or $5 million over the cap - if they had taken the word of Brian W & Matt H - and then shed the appropriate number of players at that point to get under the cap - then been allowed to play for points and by some miracle (it was possible) made the 8 & then made the final - and then they (NRL) discovered that they are still over the cap - because the amount they were told was a lie and they were in fact further over the cap (which is what happened)- so what happens then they have still fielded an illegal team - put other potential finalist out of the running etc. etc. - A nightmare for the entire comp - on top of that, what about the players they were to get rid of - what if they could not find a team - or did not want to move to Sydney or Brisbane - what about them. Just a bad situation all round and in the end there was going to be no winners and the NRL was trying to do the best by everyone - David G, whilst being the mouthpiece of RL would no doubt be a part of a group of people that make these decisions.

As for Manly... Now i'll once again start by saying i hate Manly. Always have, always will. And the 40-0 thing has scarred and will never heal. However, the way they treated Brett Stewart over the rape scandal has pissed off Manly fans and rightly so. He was stood down (i.e. suspended) from the NRL for the crime which it turned out he was cleared of. All WITHOUT an apology from the NRL or David G. If i was a Manly fan, i'd be pissed too.

re: Manly
Brett Stewart was to be the face of RL - he was in all their promotional literature - so what does he do, at his club launch he goes and gets tanked and then makes a goose of himself (Seriously stupid thing to do) - a few days later a situation arises in which he finds himself in strife. The problem is people merge these 2 things together - the NRL stood him down for (3 weeks?) for being a goose - HIS CLUB stood him down to allow him to focus and deal with the other issue - and in reality anyone in any sort of public job would also be stood down, Copper, teacher even a bank staff member - the employer has an obligation to the public to do that in this situation. The end result was he was cleared of the charge and allowed (by his club) to resume his playing career - David G had nothing to do with the 2nd situation and should not have to apologise for the first.

Having said all that:

I don't like the storm because they (too often) beat the Broncos!
I don't like Manly because they think the world is against them!

I won't deny or condone the salary cap cheating but the way it was handled pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, the premierships and minor premierships should have been stripped. I completely agree with that. But making them play on for the rest of the year for nothing was completely f*cked.

I agree with that however as a fan of the storm for just as long for me it goes back a lot further than just last years bullshit. It can be argued for ever and a day who knew what and who really should have been punished for last year but the NRL has treated Storm with contempt ever since they came into the competition and became a viable team. The NRL hate not having NSW teams in the finals but they hated it more seeing the Storm take away their cup, just like it hurt the AFL when their first interstate team took the cup from Melbourne. I know it's not possible this year but I'd love to see a Warriors v Storm final. (Saying any more will make me sound like a whinging Collingwood supporter when the games not handed to them on a silver platter:sarcastic:)

P.S. Locky is a legend, deserves the title and has been around so long because he is a master at leading his team around the park. You're drawing a long bow if you think he was picked as Australia/QLD/Broncos captain for being overrated.

P.S.S. GO STORM!

I agree again. I remember having a big piss up at my place a few years ago for the Broncos/Storm GF and every time Locky got near the ball the screams and put downs could be heard three blocks away, to me that just shows how much of a threat us Storm supporters thought he was. If memory serves me correct our fears were justified because Storm lost the GF too but hey that's one they can't take from us :big_smile:

Hey who's got the latest news on Locky?

This morning I heard the docs were banning him from flying to Sydney for the game so he'd have to drive but although penciled in he wasn't a cert to play and just now the missus heard something as she walked past the news that he's been choppered to Syd for some thing and definitely wont play because he doesn't want to be a burden on the team, and ninemsn are reporting he's got to sign some legal waiver if he plays. God damn this donkey time bullshit over here in this backward world even the news I'm getting on tv is two hours old and none of it makes sense.

Yeah Lockyer is out. He did fly to Sydney but he did it in a private helicopter. fingers crossed they can get over the line without him. They seemed to do ok during the origin series.

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

So he's definitely out today? Wonder what will happen tomorrow :big_smiel:

Oh well better to have him out that go out with no eye sight and another broken cheek or worse. If they get through this week no doubt he will play next week and he can go out on a bang without the big threat hanging over him.

Gotta love the way the opposition always come out in these circumstances saying they wont go easy on the injured player if he plays. Must be really hard being a reporter these days when you get to think up really hard hitting questions like that.

There is no NRL thread so this one will do despite the Broncos not being in the GF

Poor Locky didn't get to share his ride in a Yota with anyone else, I wonder if he forgot to put on deodorant this morning and they banished him to his own ute.

I didn't see the whole parade but can anyone tell me what was with the speed hump (or whatever it was) just before they stopped to let the guys get out. At first I thought it was for cabling etc but we've run plenty of cables out on to grounds like that and never created a speed hump.

Nissan ought to get off their arse and out bid Yota for the next sponsorship deal of the footy (either code), seeing Yotas everywhere is depressing.

I don't hate to many people in life but Phil Gould is High on that list... What has he done with his head....

Latest posts

Back