calcals build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
just fitted my new suspension set-up today.
first, i installed snake racing upper control arms, gave me another 35mm of lift.

secondly, i removed the HD leaf springs and fitted the standard leafs with superior engineering 2" extended shackles. ran into some trouble here, after putting the car back on all 4, it had the drag car look (front way higher then the back). so i had a look under the back and found that the springs are dead flat!!! so ive got the nav booked in next weekend to get the standard springs reset and should fix my problem.

also, fitted a HD idler arm brace.

will get some photos soon for you guys.

cheers

Nice ute 0 I like the white with black trimmings.

Compressor - everyone says duty cycle is affected by heat therefore dont put in engine bay. Personnaly, compressors get hot as by themselves. Let alone of engine heat. I put mine in engine bay as its way loud and I don't want it in the ute. Haven't notice any probs with cycle issues. I've had my ARB going for 20min solid blowing up rafts and air matteresses, one of those blow up pools...... and I keep engine going at same time. IMO anyways :)

have fun

Nice ute 0 I like the white with black trimmings.

Compressor - everyone says duty cycle is affected by heat therefore dont put in engine bay. Personnaly, compressors get hot as by themselves. Let alone of engine heat. I put mine in engine bay as its way loud and I don't want it in the ute. Haven't notice any probs with cycle issues. I've had my ARB going for 20min solid blowing up rafts and air matteresses, one of those blow up pools...... and I keep engine going at same time. IMO anyways :)

have fun

thanks for the info jacko.

ive decided to put the compressor behind the seat purely because i dont want it to get wet

just some photos of the UCAs and idler arm brace.

cheers

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

for anyone putting UCAs in, they have to be greased with the car on the ground, not on the hoist like what i done.

looks good calcal, be keen to know how long the poly bushes last, and how often you need to grease em.

hey guys,

it crossed my mind today about getting my turbo hi-flowed.
well, my turbo has a major oil leak (just seen this 10min ago) and will shortly be removed for a complete overhaul and hi-flowed.

my uncle owns a dyno at his shop, so im hoping i can get a before and after reading of the power increase from the turbo.

also, the new HD clutch will be going in because i manage to f**k every clutch i own by doing burnouts lol and im pretty impressed with the burnouts the nav does

cheers

hey guys,
little update on the nav.
last week i made the decision to head up to jamieson for a camping trip with the boys over the weekend. before i left i installed my compressor behind my rear seat, very easy install!! also, i put a 12V plug in the tray for the fridge and lights. l gave the car absolute punishment over the weekend and due to vibration and bashing and crashing, all the bolts that hold the bullbar on came very loose. i went to tighten them up but all the threads are f**ked. anyone know what size bolts they are??

will update some new pics soon.

cheers

just email the manufacturer. They'd have a parts list for it i'd reckon.

hey guys,

little update with the nav.

1. Ive totally f**ked my clutch!!! slips in every gear. went on a mission today and family friend has ordered me a exedy HD clutch for $600!!!

bonus is i rang nissan and the nav has a solid clutch, so only needs machining.

my cousin is putting the clutch in for free so i guess all up its costing me around $700 for the lot.

2. Im cutting the side steps off on friday, cant be arsed ripping out seats to take them off.

3. Fixing the bullbar on friday also, need to purchase bolts and a tap for the thread holes.

4. Ordered a new boost sensor for my boost gauge. for some unknown reason it stopped working, so its being replaced under warranty.

5. Oil pressure gauge is finally going in

Good stuff.... A work mate of mine had his D22 at a local shop getting sliders installed, and all they did was cut the sidesteps off. Said it saves plugging up the holes in the floor, which makes sense.

Good luck

Michael

Hey guys,

been pretty busy with the nav this week.

Monday i got the Exedy HD clutch installed and cross member replaced because it had snapped.

Thursday i got my snorkel fitted and got a bonnet protector aswel.

Today i got installed a full 2.5" straight through exhaust and picked up my boost controller.

The plan is to install the boost controller over the weekend and run 20psi and then get the car dyno'd at JPC

Latest posts

Back