Calmini UCA's illegal!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh Bazz ibagree about the bullshit ruling. Especia lly when you've done all the right things according to previous legislation and now they change it and your car's illegal. I won't be chasing it and I'll wait for them to come to me as I don't think it's my responsibility to have to spend more money just because they changed the rules and I was never contacted. They have my contact details as I registered the bodylift over the pits through DoT and they gave me the piece of paper saying yes I agree this is totally legal and is fine. I'll just wave that in front of them and say here's my proof that QLD DoT have inspected my car and signed off on it

Its all good until there is an accident and insurance companies want out. They will try anything.
I wonder what is the push behind all the changes... Is it the greenies in a sneaky deal, trying to keep us of the tracks by legislating stock commodore heights only....
I cant see it being safety related as enthusiasts like us generally have the safest well maintained cars around....
GO pick on the boy racers and bombs driving around I say......

Hi all,

I'm not here to start a debate on this discussion,But it appears that people are saying he said she said they said.

From what I'm reading in this thread.
Has anybody thought to get the legal requirements in writing.speaking to somebody on the phone I can tell you what you want to hear,but when you get pulled over it is a completely different story.

Set my suggestion personally for those that are concerned about the information that has been provided. I would suggest you get a hold of DOT yourself and they will give you the legal documents and requirements.

This is just my thought..

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Rusty I rang DOT they said if your vehicle was compliant at the time of the laws then you'll be sweet. But since ncop unless you have had a lane change test your vehicle isn't roadworthy. They also told me most vehicles fail the test.

This is for vehicles with 2+2 lift.

Bazz

You are the man. I was gonna ring them soon. I wouldn't have thought that you would require to do lane change test after they change the laws

I wonder how many untested stock standard four wheel drives on the road would fail the lane change test. Is it part of ADR's for new vehicles?

ALL vehicles have to be ADR Compliant to be sold on the aus market so a stock height 4x4 would in theory pass
I had mine tested for lane change etc as part of getting mine engineered with 40 lift and bigger rubber and it passed without any issues .Lane change is only to make sure that your center of gravity isnt too high so unstable when changing lanes

Thats rubbish about most failing, mine passed easy and at 110kph with 75mm suspension, 30mm body and 32's. On the day there were 11 vehicles tested, they ranged from almost soft roaders right through to highly modified patrols, all passed no problems. Although a jeep did look pretty sketchy.
Totally agree with pocoyo, find an engineer and talk to them about what they will pass or not, so much misinformation out there, i was even getting incorrect information from transport.

Funny how all cars have to be ADR approved to be on the road but the laws between states in the one country conflict each other so much. It should be a standard for the whole of Australia.

yeah it seems we have a "national code of practice" but then every state has to add their own bit on top and make things slightly different again.

According to DOT any after market suspension part fitted has to be certified by an engineer, that's what I was told to do to mine when I saw them face to face.

Just in case anyone was interested (and didn't know), here's a video of a lane change test.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OtGfdf6HQ[/YT]

I wonder how much human factors could influence the success of these tests. I could imagine these tests being quite easy to fail.

Insurance companies are the ones to watch out for. When you make a claim, they start looking for someone to get their money back from. All sorts of investigations can be undertaken, including on you: because if you have modified your vehicle to make it unroadworthy (in a technical sense) then you should not have had your vehicle on the road and are therefore responsible for the incident. Sounds like it's petty and full of BS and you won't get any argument from me, but that's how it works!

Last edited:
Just in case anyone was interested (and didn't know), here's a video of a lane change test.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OtGfdf6HQ[/YT]

I wonder how much human factors could influence the success of these tests. I could imagine these tests being quite easy to fail.

Insurance companies are the ones to watch out for. When you make a claim, they start looking for someone to get their money back from. All sorts of investigations can be undertaken, including on you: because if you have modified your vehicle to make it unroadworthy (in a technical sense) then you should not have had your vehicle on the road and are therefore responsible for the incident. Sounds like it's petty and full of BS and you won't get any argument from me, but that's how it works!

What a bullshit test,90% of car drivers would fail that test, the only cars I have seen changing lanes like that have red P- plates on them, even in the event of an accident most peoples reaction times would not save them I wonder who the fukchead genius was who thought up this crap test was.

Latest posts

Back