Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the D22 owners going on the Cape York Trip in August 2013. I have a FREE set of factory D22 mag wheels for anyone that is interested. They have slight scratches on them.

Would suit as a second set of wheels for your muddies or spare wheels for the Cape trip.

PS, all you have to do is organise pick-up.

Regards,

RLI

paul i need one for a second spare
i was going to get one from wreckers
would you freight it to newcastle at my expense??
edit
if no one else comes forward and wants the full set

Last edited:
paul
do you have an idea yet as to when you will be requiring deposits for camping spots
tryin to get the budget sorted
cheers

paul i need one for a second spare
i was going to get one from wreckers
would you freight it to newcastle at my expense??
edit
if no one else comes forward and wants the full set

Mate, i will send you one down. Can you organise and pay for it please with e-go.co.au. I made a quick inquiry. From Coffs Harbour to Newcastle it is about $26.00. I do not mind traveling the 40ks to drop the rim of for you.

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

paul
do you have an idea yet as to when you will be requiring deposits for camping spots
tryin to get the budget sorted
cheers

G'evening mate,

It will be about $50.00 all up! About $10.00 per camp spot that we need to acquire!

Regards,

RLI

Mate, i will send you one down. Can you organise and pay for it please with e-go.co.au. I made a quick inquiry. From Coffs Harbour to Newcastle it is about $26.00. I do not mind traveling the 40ks to drop the rim of for you.

Regards,

RLI

thanx paul
ime working sat ,sunday then n/shift mon ,tue

ile organise it on wednesday and give you a call
cheers

Hi RLI,
I would take your spare rims off your hands if you're cleaning out your shed! If any lucky buggers going to the Cape with you would like them that's fine. Otherwise let me know. I can pick them up whenever.

Hi RLI,
I would take your spare rims off your hands if you're cleaning out your shed! If any lucky buggers going to the Cape with you would like them that's fine. Otherwise let me know. I can pick them up whenever.

G'day joffo,

At this stage, i will only have 2 left.

Regards,

RLI

G'evening Trendsetters,

I found this info on the CAPE-YORK-AUSTRALIA.COM website. For those of you that like to good reading research material!

Visit Cape York Destination Guide

This complete, 300-pages Visit Cape York Destination Guide is all you ever need to successfully complete your trip and enjoy it.

In the early stages of planning you needed the FREE Cape York Travel Pocket Guide.

It got you started with things like when to visit Cape York, how to get here and get around, what kind of accommodation you would like to look at or whether you'd prefer FREE camping; what is there to see and do, how much time to plan for the trip, and roughly what it will cost you.

It gave you a good idea about it all, and helped you to make the big decisions, but it had no bigger detail which you need in the next planning stage.

The Full Visit Cape York Destination Guide has all the detail you ever need.

With 300 pages it is SIX TIMES the size of the pocket guide, and more than two thirds of the book are destination pages.

This 300-Page Visit Cape York Destination Guide Contains;

* Destination pages with full detail about what there is to see and do, how long time you are likely spend in a place, and practical information with opening hours, addresses and phone numbers of the local tourist information centre, bank and post office, medical centre, pharmacy and closest hospital, grocery shop, pub and bottle shop, RACQ and car mechanics...

* Each place, big or small, also has a list of camping, accommodation and tour operators including fishing, croc spotting, scenic flights, and trips to the Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait Islands - all with details on what kind of tours and accommodation they offer and what are the prices. And of course, FREE camping sites in detail.

* In larger places, shopping and eating out including opening hours (or whether a place is open for lunch or dinner), and what kind of food they serve. It's great to have a break from bush cooking while you visit Cape York.

Regards,

RLI

Thanks for posting that. I think I will be getting the wifey to use her paypal thing to get that full Destination Guide. I have the current Hema Cape York Atlas and Guide, A Ron and Viv Moon guide from a couple of years ago, a couple of other 4wd books showing their age (but general info in them still good) the web and a little bit of knowledge from when I used to live in Cairns and work on the PDR. Although I am unable to join you all on this trip I am finding the info you all are posting up here VERY helpful in planning our own trip.
Thanks again.
Nathan

G'day Trendsetters,

The latest roll call on those members that are definitely committed to the August 2013 Cape York trip.

GROUP 1
Forum Handle (Primary Contact)
1.RLI (Paul)
2.Apollofish (Jack)
3.Bryce (Bryce)
4.sparra04 (Ian)
5.lorrieandjas/Jase (Jason)
6.nissannewby (Mat)
7.GU CAMPER (Andy)
8.scottybobcat (Scotty)

GROUP 2
9.Joshman (Josh)
10.Joshman Friend (Tony)
11.Gunning987 (Not provided)
12.Luke91 (Luke)
13.Friend of Luke91 (Luke)
14.Jason-D40 (Jason)
15.Jason-D40 (Allan)
16.Jason-D40 (Friend)
17.lunn86 (Nathan)
18.Zanick (James)

Please remember that you have until the end of this month to confirm as a DEFINITE. Good luck!

Regards,

RLI

G'day Trendsetters,

I need to know ASAP a head count of how many people are in you party; ie RLI's party my daughter, my father and me = 3. Also could you please what type of site you require for the initial Rendezvous meet and greet for everyone on the 3rd/4th August at the BIG4 Port Douglas Glengarry Holiday Park?

The following are the site costs;

1. Unpowered site $34.00 per night.

2. Powered site with concrete slab: $44.00.

3. Powered site with en-suite $54.00

Group 1 participants will be departing on the the morning of the 4th August for the Lions Den overnight stop.

Group 2 participants will be leaving on the morning of the 5th August for the Lions Den overnight stop.

Group I participants will be 24hrs (1 day ahead of group 2 for this trip, however we will all be Rendezvous at Punsand Bay resort camp ground.)

Lions Den hotel campground fees are;

1. Un-powered site Adult $10 per person Children $6 (Under 6 FREE)

2. Powered site Adult $26 (1- 2 people) Children $9 (Under 6 FREE)

Up date! We do not need to book for un-powered sites at the Lions Den campground, however we definitively need to book for powered sites, due to the small number of sites available. PLEASE ADVISE ME ASAP IF YOU NEED A POWERED SITE!

As previously advised, note, that this is peak season time up at Cape York! Please, get back to me ASAP!

Regards,

RLI

Last edited:
Hey mate, ill take an unpowered site all the way, as will my mate tony.

Is anyone bringing a small generator? Just thinking of the fridge for the few days we have staying at vyrila pt.

G'day Trendsetters,

I need to know ASAP a head count of how many people are in you party; ie RLI's party my daughter, my father and me = 3. I need this information for camp site bookings!

Also could you please what type of site you require for the initial Rendezvous meet and greet for everyone on the 3rd/4th August at the BIG4 Port Douglas Glengarry Holiday Park?

Group 1 participants will be departing on the the morning of the 4th August for the Lions Den overnight stop.

Group 2 participants will be leaving on the morning of the 5th August for the Lions Den overnight stop.

Group I participants will be 24hrs (1 day ahead of group 2 for this trip, however we will all be Rendezvous at Punsand Bay resort camp ground.)

Up date! We do not need to book for un-powered sites at the Lions Den campground, however we definitively need to book for powered sites, due to the small number of sites available. PLEASE ADVISE ME ASAP IF YOU NEED A POWERED SITE!

As previously advised, note, that this is peak season time up at Cape York! Please, get back to me ASAP!

GROUP 1
1.RLI (Paul) Powered site requirements!
2.Apollofish (Jack)
3.Bryce (Bryce)
4.sparra04 (Ian)
5.lorrieandjas/Jase (Jason) Un-powered sites required!
6.nissannewby (Mat)
7.GU CAMPER (Andy)
8.scottybobcat (Scotty)

GROUP 2
9.Joshman (Josh) Un-powered sites required!
10.Joshman Friend (Tony) Un-powered sites required!
12.Luke91 (Luke)
13.Friend of Luke91 (Luke)
14.Jason-D40 (Jason)
15.Jason-D40 (Allan)
16.Jason-D40 (Friend)
17.lunn86 (Nathan)
18.Zanick (James)

Please remember that you have until the end of this month to confirm as a DEFINITE. Good luck!

Regards,

RLI

G'day Trendsetters,

I need to know ASAP a head count of how many people are in you party; ie RLI's party my daughter, my father and me = 3. I need this information for camp site bookings!

Also could you please what type of site you require for the initial Rendezvous meet and greet for everyone on the 3rd/4th August at the BIG4 Port Douglas Glengarry Holiday Park?

GROUP 1

1.RLI (Paul) Powered site requirements! 2 x Adults 1 x Child!
2.Apollofish (Jack)
3.Bryce (Bryce)
4.sparra04 (Ian)
5.lorrieandjas/Jase (Jason) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults 2 x Children
6.nissannewby (Mat) Un-powered site required! 1 x Adult
7.GU CAMPER (Andy)
8.scottybobcat (Scotty) 1 X Adult 1 x child?

GROUP 2
9.Joshman (Josh) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults
10.Joshman Friend (Tony) Un-powered sites required!
12.Luke91 (Luke)
13.Jason-D40 (Jason)
14.Jason-D40 (Allan)
15.Jason-D40 (Friend)
16.Zanick (James)

Regards,

RLI

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Douglas and Lions Den now booked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Margie from BIG 4 Port Douglas Glengarry Holiday Park has decided to give all members of this trip 10% off there site fees!

Last edited:
Back