Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul
2 adults and one child
powered site for 2 nights (arriving 2nd august)
we will be stocking,vac packing and freezing meat in port douglas
all other sites during trip will be unpowered for us
are we there yet

paul
2 adults and one child
powered site for 2 nights (arriving 2nd august)
we will be stocking,vac packing and freezing meat in port douglas
all other sites during trip will be unpowered for us
are we there yet

G'day Sir sparra!

Thanks mate!

Regards,

Paul
:rambo:

G'day Trendsetters,

I need to know ASAP a head count of how many people are in you party; ie RLI's party my daughter, my father and me = 3. I need this information for camp site bookings!

Also could you please what type of site you require for the initial Rendezvous meet and greet for everyone on the 3rd/4th August at the BIG4 Port Douglas Glengarry Holiday Park?

The following are the site costs;

1. Unpowered site $34.00 per night.

2. Powered site with concrete slab: $44.00.

3. Powered site with en-suite $54.00

Group 1 participants will be departing on the the morning of the 4th August for the Lions Den overnight stop.

Group 2 participants will be leaving on the morning of the 5th August for the Lions Den overnight stop.

Group I participants will be 24hrs (1 day ahead of group 2 for this trip, however we will all be Rendezvous at Punsand Bay resort camp ground.)

Lions Den hotel campground fees are;

1. Un-powered site Adult $10 per person Children $6 (Under 6 FREE)

2. Powered site Adult $26 (1- 2 people) Children $9 (Under 6 FREE)

Up date! We do not need to book for un-powered sites at the Lions Den campground, however we definitively need to book for powered sites, due to the small number of sites available. PLEASE ADVISE ME ASAP IF YOU NEED A POWERED SITE!

As previously advised, note, that this is peak season time up at Cape York! Please, get back to me ASAP!

GROUP 1

Forum Handle (Primary Contact)
1.RLI (Paul) Powered site requirements! 2 x Adults 1 x Child = 3 participants!
2.Apollofish (Jack) Powered site requirements! 2 x Adults = 2 participants!
3.Bryce (Bryce) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults = 2 participants!
4.sparra04 (Ian) Powered site 2 nights 2x Adults 1 x child = 3 participants
5.lorrieandjas/Jase (Jason) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults 2 x Children = 4 participants!
6.nissannewby (Mat) Un-powered site required! 1 x Adult = 1 x participant!
7.GU CAMPER (Andy) Un-powered site required! 1 x Adult = 1 x participant!
8.scottybobcat (Scotty) 1 X Adult 1 x child = 2 participants!

GROUP 2
Forum Handle (Primary Contact)
9.Joshman (Josh) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults = 2 x participants!
10.Joshman Friend (Tony) Un-powered sites required!
11.Gunning987 (Not provided)
12.Luke91 (Luke) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults = 2 x participants!
13.Jason-D40 (Jason)
14.Jason-D40 (Allan)
15.Jason-D40 (Friend)
16.Zanick (James) Un-powered sites required! 2 x Adults 3 x Children = 5 x participants!

Please remember that you have until the end of this month to confirm as a DEFINITE. Good luck!

Regards,

RLI

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Douglas and Lions Den now booked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Margie from BIG 4 Port Douglas Glengarry Holiday Park has decided to give all members of this trip 10% off there site fees!

Last edited:
G'evening folks!

Could you please advise of what your accommodation choice is, when we travel up to the Cape? Ie - are you tenting, back of car, swag, camper, caravan, etc? I need to know for Qld Parks and Wildlife with regards to availability of sites!

Regards,

RLI

Last edited:
Hi Paul
sorry for the lack in replies. I have been flat out organising the mother in laws surprise 50th, busy at work and also moving house.

I will be traveling in my car with my father, Allan (hooter) my father in law will have a friend traveling with him.

I will be staying in Allans camper trailer, so please book me with Allan for unpowered sites.
Our guests will more than likely be pitching a tent or swag.

Sorry for being difficult.

Jase and yourself deserve a hug pat on the back for the effort gone into organising this event. I know it isn't easy, but I am thankful. If it wasn't for you guys being well organised I don't think I would have gone, def couldn't have done half the job you guys have if I was on my own.

Hi Paul

Jase and yourself deserve a hug pat on the back for the effort gone into organising this event. I know it isn't easy, but I am thankful. If it wasn't for you guys being well organised I don't think I would have gone, def couldn't have done half the job you guys have if I was on my own.

x2
top effort guys
i shall show my appreciation around the campfire when you reach for your esky
cheers
are we there yet

Hi Paul
sorry for the lack in replies. I have been flat out organising the mother in laws surprise 50th, busy at work and also moving house.

I will be traveling in my car with my father, Allan (hooter) my father in law will have a friend traveling with him.

I will be staying in Allans camper trailer, so please book me with Allan for unpowered sites.
Our guests will more than likely be pitching a tent or swag.

Sorry for being difficult.

Hey mate - thanks for that - Allan has been keeping the info coming so you have all been covered mate!

Jas

G'day Trendsetters!

Just to up date the group! Due to the reduced numbers, we will be travelling as one group.
Please do not financially burden yourself with this trip, this trip is not a cheap trip! We will be travelling over 7,500ks.

1. Your fuel bill will cost between $2,000.00 and $2,400.00 on average fully loaded the Navaras will use between 12/13lt's per 100ks (not towing a camper trailer.) Towing you will use between 16/17lts. My last trip to the Cape (2011) driving a D40 towing a Jayco Camper trailer fully loaded, i used 16 litres per 100ks. The average cost of fuel for your trip will be around $1.80.. Around the cities $1.55. up at the Cape $2.20.

2. Your accommodation costs for the trip ie (2 x Adults and one child)will be between $700.00 and $900.00 for (2 Adults only) between $500 and $700.00 for (1 Adult only) between $300 and $400.

3. Meals allow $15.00 per head per day for supermarket and meat from the butchers stocked in your fridge. Allow 20 days at $15.00 per head = $300.00. Four night's out on the town at $50.00 per head for adults and $15.00 per child. Will = an extra $200.00 per adult meaning your meal costs will be between $500.00 and $600.00 per Adult. Children between $200.00 and $300.00 per child. Your total meal cost's for the trip ie (2 x Adults and one child)will be between $1,200 and $1,500. for (2 Adults only) between $1,000 and $1,200. for (1 Adult only) between $500 and $600.

4. Sundries alcohol, ice creams, souvenirs, tours and boat hire for fishing allow $200.00 per adult $125.00 per child

5. Ferry cost's per vehicle ie Daintree and the Jardine river $125.00

Total cost of trip ie (2 x Adults and one child)will be between $4,500 and $5,000. for (2 Adults only) between $3,000 and $4,000. for (1 Adult only) between $3,000 and $3,500.

Also allow around $1,000 on your credit card or bank account for any emergencies!

Folks, once again! please do not financially stretch yourself for this trip! There is also next year or the year after! This is not a cheap trip!

For the latest info please regularly check into the website that Jas has set-up for all the folks that are part of the Cape York 2013 trip! All the latest camp site and track info will be made available on that site! Once again a special thanks goes out for Jas for his professionalism in helping me organise this trip for you all!

Regards,

RLI

Last edited:
loking good paul! the itinerary is looking good!

G'evening joshman,

I love the planning phase mate! It is all part of the experience!

PS, it helps lift your morale, when you are doing it for a great bunch of people! Like you folks!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

the worst part is after the planning and preparation stage, when all you've got left is the waiting. :(

No mate!

There is the practicing! especially where i live in Coffs Harbour!

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

Regards,

Paul
:sniper:

Here is a couple of photo's when i did the Cape in 1984 with the Army!

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

PS, RLI wearing the white hat. lol, hey it was farking 28 years ago, it was all the rage out bush! Note, we did it with bar treads, not BF Goodrich, Coopers or Mickey Thompson tyres or Mud tyres, just plain old Dunlop bar tread tyres!

Regards,

RLI

Last edited:
Hey Paul did u meet les Higgins (bush tucker man on ABC) in your army days
I had a drinking session with him in cape trib in 94
Went for 3 days
What a legend

Last edited:
Back