Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wouldn't say it's a factory more a shed on the outset of maryborough. bloody good campers. a little dearer than some but well built! any having a long history in the hire trailer area there setup is simple but works well!!
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Right about the "factory" however they are a great camper and well worth the price - but they are expensive compared to some of the others around. This is the second one I've bought from new - went for the evolution this time with the 2012 Camper of the Year options. It's just in production now so waiting for it to arrive - probably in early March.

Jas

Hi Bryan,

Right about the "factory" however they are a great camper and well worth the price - but they are expensive compared to some of the others around. This is the second one I've bought from new - went for the evolution this time with the 2012 Camper of the Year options. It's just in production now so waiting for it to arrive - probably in early March.

Jas

nice one jase. we got a premier off-road with a few added options. but since then the have brought out the "dreamtime" camper which has basically the same options as mine. I just love the quick easy setup and not having 11ty thousand pole to setup!!!

update on my trip prep
fitted new bfg ,a/t to the rim paul gave me,thanx again mate
rotate ,align and balance on nav (overdue)
pyro and boost gauge ready to install on pillar pod
getting together a good spare parts box
removed drawers and sealed tub
some minor mods to drawers b4 refitting
sold oztent
purchased lladners camper trailer(gic extreme offroad) very strong trailer imo
will fit brakes and kitchen soon and replace pop rivets with stainless bolts and nylok nuts
will also fit bash plate to water tank
are we there yet ?

Thinking of getting a rooftop tent for the trip and sit it on the roof rack. But before I do is it goin to get ripped off by low lying branches and stuff? Cos I will only be borrowing it for the trip

U can use a pair of jump leads in conjunction with an arc welder electrode. Save on weight and space.

yeah i have used that method before
i have a cheap small 130amp gmc stick welder i was considering taking incase something breaks
but ime not sure it will run with a jenny
is anyone taking a jenny that will run a welder?
i dont want to take it if someone else has a better system/idea

well today i fitted the over ride brakes on the trailer and ordered my kitchen
are we there yet
AND
i believe rli's wife went into labour thismorning
best wishes to mr and mrs rli

I have received in the post today new wheel bearings, new tie rod ends, new drag link, new idler arm, new idler arm brace and HD tie rods. Should take the slop out of my steering and give me piece of mind up the cape knowing that everything is new and nothing should break.

Im just waiting on my new upper control arms to arrive so i can pull the whole front end apart once while im fitting all this.

And congrats to MR & MRS RLI

I have received in the post today new wheel bearings, new tie rod ends, new drag link, new idler arm, new idler arm brace and HD tie rods. Should take the slop out of my steering and give me piece of mind up the cape knowing that everything is new and nothing should break.

Im just waiting on my new upper control arms to arrive so i can pull the whole front end apart once while im fitting all this.

Hey Bryce- where'd you get the front end gear from - did you select all the parts individually or was it a kit?

Cheers

Ps congrats the the RLI's

I got the idler arm brace and HD tie rods from superior engineering not sure what they cost but its on there website, and the rest of the steering bits (tie rod ends, drag link and new idler arm, and wheel bearings) from my local parts man for $436. They are all WASP products so good quality wise (not the cheapest around) and timkin bearings

So the short answer to your question is, I got the gear localy and picked the parts individually.

Kitchen fitted to tailgate
Watertank relocated to inside trailer
Shocky mounts fixed on trailer(gic had 50mm ubolts on a 45mm axle??)
Spare tyre #2 mounted where water tank used to be
Are we there yet

G'day Bryce,

Thanks mate! Looks like you are certainly putting in the hard yards for the Cape Trip. Good onya mate!

PS, 5 MONTHS AND COUNTING TO CAPE YORK 2013

Regards,

RLI
:sniper:

Last edited:
are we there yet
ime packed and ready

IMAG0628_zps195d464e.jpg

Oh that's good to no. Yeah just wondering if you could notice it up there at all like driving or 4x4ing. I'll have to do the same thing up the cape!

it wont always be on roof
i still have factory spare under tub and wont usially have 2nd spare on roof
i loaded trailer and ute with everything i intend on taking to cape and went for a drive
egt,s didnt exeed 470 f
and economy averaged 9.6L/100ks,mixed driving over 167 klms
i can certainly notice the lack in power,steinbeur chip has now gone to the top of the" must do b4 trip" list(sorry bilsteins and hot water)
i think i will also replace front pads b4 we go

are we there yet

Last edited:
Back