Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interested in this RLI. Wanting to head to the cape but lacking others willing to set up there 4wd for a trip like this. Ill keep looking at this thread and go from there.

G, day Bryce,

I hope you can make it next August, it is a really special place up there. I think all Australians should visit this place at least once during their lifetime!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

yer im interested too can put me down to a possibly yes

G, day Gunning,

Good onya mate, looking forward to catching up with a few of the forum members next year for a beer or two! Maybe at the Lions Den pub or at the Cape!

Regards,

RLI

Hmm
Our trip is being planned for July
Ile see if I can change hols at work
It will give me an xtra mth to prepare

G, day Sparra,

I look forward to meeting you someday mate, Scotty and Old Tony have informed me that you are a good bloke to have a beer or two with.

Regards,

RLI

G, day Sparra,

I look forward to meeting you someday mate, Scotty and Old Tony have informed me that you are a good bloke to have a beer or two with.

Regards,

RLI

hey paul
hopefully i can change my hols at work and join you all for august
ile know next week
do you have set date for cairns meet?
it would be a shame to miss you all by week or 2
are we there yet

Last edited:
I'm planning to go up next year as well. But may be lacking other people to go up with. I'm Interested for sure!

i officially started prep work for the trip today
1, changed i/c pipes to blue silicon , i now have a spare set
2, ordered a full set of rad hoses and drive belts,will fit new ones and carry old as spares
3, purchasing a 2nd hand radiator from wreckers to carry as spare(behind back seat)
4, old ome shocks,will carry as spares

Last edited:
Ok so its time for me to have a bit of a think about the nav aswell.

And i have a few questions for those who have been there b4.
1. How much fuel should I plan on carrying?
2. Im in the market for a fridge, would a fridge freezer be best or just a freezer or just a fridge?
3. What spares should i take?
4 any desirable car mads?

i have changed my hols at work to august
so
do we have any set dates or meeting points?
i am meeting with my bro and his mate (2x toyotas) in townsville but no set date yet

i have changed my hols at work to august
so
do we have any set dates or meeting points?
i am meeting with my bro and his mate (2x toyotas) in townsville but no set date yet

Good onya mate!

Will post up draft itinerary soon!

Regards,

RLI

2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys

Possible August 2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys list:

1. Paul (RLI) & family
2. Fat’s (fatboy89) and his missus
3. Bryan (04silverSTR)
4. Bryce
5. Gunning1987:
6. Sparra (sparra04)
7. Scott (scottybobcat)
8. Luke (luke91)

Stay tuned!

Regards,

RLI

bump
hows the draft itinerary going paul?
possible 8 cars so far
should be fun
maybee we should set a meet date in cairns??
allow 2 days for everyone to arrive and stock up on supplies
it would also be handy to have everyones mobile numbers before we set off for coordination and communication
are we there yet

Nah Cairns is a top spot to stay, probably in a big Caravan park would be ideal. However, my Mrs has said that we should definately go up there next year, and if all you farkers are going in August then i will try my hardest to make it then as well. But i dont think im too keen on the drive to Cairns n back from Newcastle, so ill look at putting the Nav on a train for the return trip. Ive dont the drive about 5 times already, and i have no love for it.

Nah Cairns is a top spot to stay, probably in a big Caravan park would be ideal. However, my Mrs has said that we should definately go up there next year, and if all you farkers are going in August then i will try my hardest to make it then as well. But i dont think im too keen on the drive to Cairns n back from Newcastle, so ill look at putting the Nav on a train for the return trip. Ive dont the drive about 5 times already, and i have no love for it.

Ive done it from brisbane a fair few aswell and i agree with you but the missus and kids haven't so ill show them while take a quick detour past some mines to show what i work on.

Can someone put me in the right direction to get a car from vic up to cairns? I can't seem to find anything.

Oh I meant by train. Only forgot the important part haha. Not to keen on driving both ways up there and Back. But if I have to I will.

Back