Carbon Tax. Want it ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for the Carbon tax ?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No.

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters
[YT]http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=IE5CC4h57GA&feature=r*elated[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDxp8sAIX0[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck3DOKq8Ncc&feature=related[/YT]

!@#$ I cannot stand this lying scum of a Prime Minister.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaTOzL23RIM&feature=related[/YT]

She rambles on with rubbish and makes out she understands what its like for average Australians. Yeah right, you dont listen to anything else that we say.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3d3M6psWNE[/YT]

These are the people who say Climate Change exists.

We are listening to them why ?

Climate change is fair dinkum......

But,

carbon tax and those who want it can GAGF'd...:rant::rant:

:cheers!:

^ Cant say I agree on Climate Change being real.

The planet could kill everything on it easily. I cant see people being that powerful.

I will say though, that the planet only has a certain ammount of oil and coal, the goverment should be giving tax breaks to those who invest in renewable energy.

This country hands out close to 5 billion dollars a year in foriegn aid.

Africa etc aren't our problems. The people over there have survived longer then white people and now they cant survive without aid. Your kidding me right.

Australia is the same, the natives to this country have been here for thousands of years. Now they cant survive without support from the goverment. There is something seriously wrong when that happens.

Imigration is another thing. A surburb around this area has a fair few Sudanese population, drive through there anytime of the day and you will see them walking around the streets.

I am assuming there on Welfare.

Why are we letting in people that wont work ?

Oh thats right. We signed up for the UN's refugee crap. When there are plenty of closer countries then Australia. Thats the rules of the UN, if your a Refugee. Yopu go to the closest country.

But all this Carbon Tax is about, 1 World goverment. Plain and simple.;

^ Cant say I agree on Climate Change being real.

Umm, Dave, Climate Change is real. It is what the planet has been doing since t was formed and well before "life" existed. Then "life" was nearly obliterated when snowball earth came about as a result of climate change, but was liberated when the volcanoes spewed forth and warmed the earth a bit so it could start evolving to present life forms(I think).

Climate CHANGE is the constant.

As far as I understand it, the argument is whether current rate of climate change is outside the past variations and how much of it is due to human activity.

Remember, they tried using the term "global warming" first and exactly what that meant was as clear as mud. So now they are mutilating "climate change", which is rather silly as if you know some elementary science, you just ask a few questions to get them to explain WTF they are talking about and leave them stumbling about.

Terryc is spot on. The world came out of the last ice age (ie warmed up) of its own accord - man had no influence on it at all.

My view is that the contribution that man made emissions make has not been properly calculated - we don't really know how much CO2 (which is carbon dioxide, not carbon, hence it should be a carbon DIOXIDE tax) from man made activities is contributing, if at all, to increasing temperatures, if they are actually increasing. There is still way too much unknown at this stage to put our whole economy at risk by introducing a new tax. Most of this global warming hoo haa is built on computer modelling. FFS, we (scratch that, SHE)wants to risk so much on some bloody 'best guess' by some boffins who have been proven to cheat by leaving out significant data in their calculations.

Those of you who have been listening to parliamentary broadcasts will now know the new term for this ... "human induced climate change".

I agree something needs to be done to move our energy reliance from non-renewables to something smarter - I don't know that the carbon tax is the right answer, but it's a step in a direction that MIGHT encourage companies to look towards more energy-efficient production or products that are more efficient - call it "greener".

This carbon tax ("carbon price", as the politicians are trying to call it) is supposed to lead into an Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS). Is THAT going to be the answer? Stuff knows.

I'm still watching the show, don't spoil the ending!

Umm, Dave, Climate Change is real. It is what the planet has been doing since t was formed and well before "life" existed. Then "life" was nearly obliterated when snowball earth came about as a result of climate change, but was liberated when the volcanoes spewed forth and warmed the earth a bit so it could start evolving to present life forms(I think).

Climate CHANGE is the constant.

As far as I understand it, the argument is whether current rate of climate change is outside the past variations and how much of it is due to human activity.

Remember, they tried using the term "global warming" first and exactly what that meant was as clear as mud. So now they are mutilating "climate change", which is rather silly as if you know some elementary science, you just ask a few questions to get them to explain WTF they are talking about and leave them stumbling about.

I should of worded that, man made climate change.

A ice age will come again.

I honestly dont think people could do anything about it.

Even if we could, the question is. Should we ?

Well I don't want to freeze my nuts off so if it's coming soon please give me warning, likewise if it's going to get really hot please let me know so I can prepare.

Air con's will be to dear to run.

Better start buying extra blankets as Bob Browntongue and Juliar Gillard want to save the world.

Just buy a sheep and cuddle up to it, it's a blanket that keeps giving and if it ever stops it becomes dinner.

We only have weather records for a few hundred years so this weather cycle could have been happening for hundreds of years before then.
We know there has been at least one ice age. What else happened? No one knows we could have had warmer cycles like this before then.
Labour has made a bad decision way to eairly. Thats what you get with to much of a greens party influence.
We should wait till countries like china pull there finger out of there arse and clean up there act.
China won't do anything till people stop buying the cheap throw away shit that they mass produce.
A larger tariff needs to be put onto these products in order to slow down there exports therefore cutting down there production.
I firmly believe that this 'Carvon Tax' is a crock of shit.

^ Ill second that.

The Planet surface has seen carved from different times. There are massive gouges in Europe from glaciers.

I was under the impression Methane kept the heat in.

Look at Saturn, way more Methane the Carbon Dioxide.

We cant be sure, but none that we are aware of.

But it shows what happens when different gases rise in levels.

You're right, I suspect I know a few people from Mars (and they definitely have a gas problem) but it's impossible to tell who comes from Saturn

Latest posts

Back