Carbon Tax. Want it ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for the Carbon tax ?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No.

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters
And there would be no postcards because the unions would kick up a stink that the dude on his little motorbike has to travel too far to do the first pick up.

I wonder if we could use it in our favour, we are not allowed to use off shore processing of boat people but does the law say we can't use off planet processing?

^ Na, they'll send them in a Flying Saucer thats flux capacitor is about to fail. They will have no way of getting home.

Well I didn't get too many offers to help build fences and paint houses so maybe they will come in handy, but I'm not sure they will get blankets.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbkAvG2rjbM[/YT]

These illegal Aliens may work cheap.

If they actually work they are probably better than the nufti's we've currently got on offer, to be honest I'm glad I'm not there sorting the crap out.

Australians only have until this Thursday 22 September to make submissions to the shotgun parliamentary inquiry into Julia Gillard’s carbon tax.

The Gillard Government thinks it’s reasonable for Australians to review and comment on over 1,100 pages of carbon tax legislation in a matter of days, having only called for submissions in Saturday's papers.

It seems Labor's contempt for accountability and scrutiny knows no bounds.

Julia Gillard knows Australians don’t want this tax, which will cost jobs, drive up prices and hurt the economy, but will not reduce Australia’s carbon emissions. Julia Gillard is in denial of the facts and clearly doesn’t want the Australian people to have their say.

Despite Labor making it as hard as possible for Australians to have their say on her carbon tax. Written submissions must be received by this Thursday, 22 September. They can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to the carbon tax inquiry care of Parliament House, Canberra.

Labor is already denying Australians a vote on whether or not to have a carbon tax; hopefully people will not allow Julia Gillard's tactics to silence them as well.

Australians only have until this Thursday 22 September to make submissions to the shotgun parliamentary inquiry into Julia Gillard’s carbon tax.

The Gillard Government thinks it’s reasonable for Australians to review and comment on over 1,100 pages of carbon tax legislation in a matter of days, having only called for submissions in Saturday's papers.

It seems Labor's contempt for accountability and scrutiny knows no bounds.

Julia Gillard knows Australians don’t want this tax, which will cost jobs, drive up prices and hurt the economy, but will not reduce Australia’s carbon emissions. Julia Gillard is in denial of the facts and clearly doesn’t want the Australian people to have their say.

Despite Labor making it as hard as possible for Australians to have their say on her carbon tax. Written submissions must be received by this Thursday, 22 September. They can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to the carbon tax inquiry care of Parliament House, Canberra.

Labor is already denying Australians a vote on whether or not to have a carbon tax; hopefully people will not allow Julia Gillard's tactics to silence them as well.

Bump. I wonder how much money Al Gore is said to pay Gillard and Swan etc to get them to sign up.

Its not going to help our country.

Frankly, I'm not stressed. Few of points I heard tonight on the ABC 4 Corners program.

The carbon tax on coal will be about $1.90c/ton, for which the companies will recieve over $300/ton.

This will not affect any jobs in the coal mining industry. No coal mines will close as a result. If anything, it "may" slow the rate at which new coal mines are developed,(according to the coal industry), but the real limiting factor is going to be mine workers. Hmm

the past price rise in electricity prices has absolutely nothing to do with the carbon tax, but due to the need to massively upgrade the electricity distribution network, e.g. the increased demands for electricity from business and home(go a ait conditioner?).

In NSw, it is similar to the catch up in maintenance of the railway system after being neglected for so long. Also, the taxpayers of NSW were ripped off along ago by the state government taking all the infrastructure maintenance capital put aside by the electricity bodies.

So, all in all, I'm not fussed.

Personally, I'm wondering about the viability of telling the rest of the world to go F themselves and just keeping all this coal seam gas to generate our domestic electricity needs and retire coal fired power stations.

my point of view is if no other country is doing it we are wasting are money for nothing.

my point of view is if no other country is doing it we are wasting are money for nothing.

Well actually other countries are doing it, at least 36 other contries have an for an emmisions trading scheme.
Even some of the U.S. states have made a bigger effort than we have so far.
Most the crap you hear is just scare the hell of you type thing for headlines. For the average person it will have little or more than likely no effect. The only consumers it will effect are high earning housholds with big energy consumption and i will not lose any sleep over that. In fact this is great news.
Even Gillard in a rare moment of honesty said "of course energy will be more expensive that is the point." It is to change behaviour.
I think all of us if we put some thought into it we could reduce our consumption without effecting our lifesyle or wallet. Now even if you don't believe in climate change/global warming that can't be such a bad thing.

the poll speaks for its self at this point of time its not going to do nothing for no one.
helps the planet for now , but with the economy the way it is at the moment people are losing the jobs every day on the news its 500 jobs here 300 there , its basically going to cost people who own a home $700 a year more to live and what are people going to do there not going to pay for it so we will cover our over heads and charge people more , so it will effect Australian life style.
people are struggling now.

So with all these companies closing or dropping staff like flies and saying one of the contributing factors if not the biggest factor for the closure is the carbon tax how many of these companies are just using the carbon tax as an excuse? Or should these companies just be like the banks and sack people saying the CEO wants a bigger boat?

the poll speaks for its self at this point of time its not going to do nothing for no one.
helps the planet for now , but with the economy the way it is at the moment people are losing the jobs every day on the news its 500 jobs here 300 there , its basically going to cost people who own a home $700 a year more to live and what are people going to do there not going to pay for it so we will cover our over heads and charge people more , so it will effect Australian life style.
people are struggling now.
The average houshold should be slightly better off after tax cuts. It will only be the high earning, high energy consuming households that will suffer- and Good!
In the UK for instance most the of the rise in elctricity costs has been infratucture cost, with the ETS only contributing to only 6% in nearly 40% increase inrecent years.
Look at our economy compared to to other countries, don't worry were doing great. Infact a good measure of any economy is the strength of it's dollar. Perhaps try spending few months living in Detroit, Atherns or Dublin then see how you feel about the place then.
Maybe we could make the place better for ouselves. We could just tell the Chinesse that they will have to stay poor so we can continue the lifestyle we think the world owes us. I'm sure they will understand. :biggrin:

Last edited:
So with all these companies closing or dropping staff like flies and saying one of the contributing factors if not the biggest factor for the closure is the carbon tax how many of these companies are just using the carbon tax as an excuse? Or should these companies just be like the banks and sack people saying the CEO wants a bigger boat?

The Carbon Tax is just an excuse. It ain't happening yet.

Somewhere in the past, I remember some heavy business types being all for it (Tax & then Trading) as it means more opportunities for business to make money.

I hate top think how many thousands of hectares of Australian native bush have gone under the bull dozer to establish carbon credit plantations in the last decade. Even big overseas companies have purchased huge tracts of farmland and planted them all to plantation gums. There s no way it could have all been for the little johnny's plantation tax schemes(just like olives and vineyards).

The problem with the CEO perks is that the votes for the board of directors are all held by institutional investors who see themselves as potential future directors. The mum & pop shareholders count for little.

The tax hasnt happened yet but it has made an effect on jobs already. As cost cutting has been in place since mid last year to allow for tax payments

But the implication's of the Carbon tax has caused it to rain rain rain.

Thank you Bob Browntongue and Miss Gillard for saving Australia :rolleyes:.

Latest posts

Back