Chip it saying "Hi" to D40 Accessories Forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting point. It's another (roughly) thousand dollars on top. It affects performance. Does it alter the roadworthiness? That depends on emissions. Could it contribute to or cause loss of control of the vehicle? Unlikely, but you know some insurance companies will do anything to pull out of a payout.

And let's not forget "the other side". When an insurance company pays out on a claim, they then go and seek to recover that payout from anyone that may have contributed to the incident. I really think it's a long stretch to blame a chip, but if they tried to run that one, I'd be arguing against it. Don't let the big corporates bully you on that one!

thanks old tony
thats exactly what i am trying to get to but dont seem to be getting much from them and hence why a bit hesitant ..

Why do you say that. I think I've answered every question that has been posted!!

We are about 2-3 days behind with emails Hutchstr ... so it takes a couple of days to see the advisory email and for us to get on the forum to answer ... but we do answer.

You don't need to be hesitant when we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. That's what it is there for. And we are not in the business of selling smoke and mirrors. With all the Testimonials listed on the website and the fact that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't perform the way we say it will there is nothing to be concerned about.

Of course, you could always buy the opposition's chips at double the price, half the features, and no more guarantee if that sounds better to you.

hutchstr remember, we also guarantee that our tunes are better than all other brands, (provide more power) purely because we modify the boost map as well the fuel map. No other brand does this. They will in time, but it will take them about 12 months to catch up and get up to speed with it. By then, we will be heading done another track.

At this stage, we are trying to be more innovative than any other brand.

Why do you say that. I think I've answered every question that has been posted!!

We are about 2-3 days behind with emails Hutchstr ... so it takes a couple of days to see the advisory email and for us to get on the forum to answer ... but we do answer.

You don't need to be hesitant when we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. That's what it is there for. And we are not in the business of selling smoke and mirrors. With all the Testimonials listed on the website and the fact that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't perform the way we say it will there is nothing to be concerned about.

Of course, you could always buy the opposition's chips at double the price, half the features, and no more guarantee if that sounds better to you.

hutchstr remember, we also guarantee that our tunes are better than all other brands, (provide more power) purely because we modify the boost map as well the fuel map. No other brand does this. They will in time, but it will take them about 12 months to catch up and get up to speed with it. By then, we will be heading done another track.

At this stage, we are trying to be more innovative than any other brand.

I am hesitant and say this because you have no claims of how much extra power you give a D22 2.5 crd..
yes you might be behind in emails but i think it has been a couple of weeks that i have been waiting for a copy of your 'so called' dyno for the d22 2.5 crd motor..... still waiting...
all you have provided is the d40 dyno, which looks similar to others that are on your website also, thats why i am hesitant..
yes you also claim to give the 30 day money back guarantee but what claim do we have when we have nothing to compare it too?
I install the chip, get 1kw more power, well thats increase so no claim to get the money back....
and testimonials, well anyone can write those :)

As for no other brand doing it, correct me if i am wrong but i think there is..
More Power:Electronic Tuning Systems, Xenon Lighting Systems, EFI Petrol & Diesel motors, HID Lights, Xenon, Hiclone, Fuelsaver, Fuel Economy

robert
you offer a money back guarantee but all it states is that you will get a power gain... but how much?? 1% thats a power gain, then no money back garantee?
if we have a dyno then we can compare and if its not the same we can ask for a refund...

We ain't talking 1% guys ... come on. Which company is running a successful business offering a 1% performance gains? I could get 1% of adding petrol to the tank of diesel! :)

We are talking about a substantial gain ... circa 30%. Why don't we give an exact figure ?

Because all vehicles are different ... some will get 24%, some will get 35% some will get 45%.

The same tune will affect some diesel pumps better than others (and that's why we add 5 extra tunes to the CD that comes out with the Module)

A classic case is the COLORADO listed on the website. One tuner got 12% gain, we did one a few weeks later and got a 30% gain. We didn't just show the 34% gain on the website ... we put up both.

The tuner in Melbourne said his customer was very happy with the result. When we did the Colorado some weeks later and I saw the difference, I wrote to the owner and asked if he wouldn't mind trying our tune on his vehicle. Of course he said yes.

You can see what I'm talking about on the thread / posts HERE

That's the guy at post number 22 and then scroll down to post 33 where I wrote to him asking if he would like to try the new tune. He of course siad he would love to try the new tune. So we emailed it to him. If he was at his computer at the time, he could have been up and going with the new tune within 3 minutes. I don't know any other Chip company has has that level of service.

Since we are in the business of developing super increases in reliable power we will always try to get the best gains for our customers.

Why diesels work better than chipping petrol engines is the additional air in the combustion chamber ... this allows for incredible increases in power.

You can read about this HERE

Hope this helps

Cheers

Last edited:
We ain't talking 1% guys ... come on. Which company is running a successful business offering a 1% performance gain. I could get 1% of adding petrol to the tank of diesel! :)

We are talking about a substaintail gain ... circa 30% ... why don't we give an exact figure ?

Because all vehicles are different ... some will get 24%, some will get 35% some will get 45%.

The same tune will affect some diesel pumps better than others (and that's why we add 5 extra tunes to the CD that comes out with the Module)

A classic case is the COLORADO listed on the website. One tuner only got 12% gain, we did one a few weeks later and got a 30% gain. We didn't just show the 34% gain on the website ... we put up both.

The tuner in Melbourne said his customer was very happy with the result. When we did the Colorado some weeks later and I saw the difference, I wrote to the owner and asked he wouldn't mind trying our tune on his vehicle. Of course he said yes.

Go see the thread / posts HERE

That's the guy at post number 22 and then scroll down to post 33 where I wrote to him asking if he would like to try the new tune.

Since we are in the business of developing super increases in reliable power we will always try to get the best gains for our customers.

Diesels work differently to petrol engines ... the additional air in the combustion chamber allows for good increases in power.

You can read about this HERE

Hope this helps

Cheers

thats great about the colorado's mate but we drive navaras..
and still i ask about the d22 2.5crd..???
yes we will most likely get a gain in power but you are missing my point about the money back guarantee, we need some sort of base to work from to substantiate the guarantee plus also seeing what you have previously done for that particular motor... otherwise its wasting my time and money...
surely if you have done SO many of these you must have some dyno's???

The service is what I was going on about ... :idea:

Service is EVERYTHING.

If you are not satisfied that a company goes to THAT MUCH TROUBLE to track down a client that we didn't even service and will not look after YOU, then I think you're better off buying from DP Chip ... and seeing how far you get if you have issues or seeing what guarantees they(or ANY OTHER Chip manufacturer) offer.

We have tuned the D22 and the tunes that we have for it work and work extremely well. We guarantee that our tunes are BETTER than ALL OTHER CHIPS ON THE MARKET. That spells it out clearly I would think.

How can we say that ... simple. We dont just tune the fuel maps like all the rest.

If you think the tune is not good enough, send the Module back for a full refund of chip price.

How can you argue that??

And the fact that we are only $799.00 make it a bloody SAFE bet for anyone ... wouldn't you agree????

Last edited:
Chip It,

What knid of discount can you gives us the members on the Navra Forum on you products?

We guarantee that our tunes are BETTER than ALL OTHER CHIPS ON THE MARKET. That spells it out clearly I would think.

How can we say that ... simple. We dont just tune the fuel maps like all the rest.

thats a big statement alright! but shame theres no way to prove that..
if thats the case you should buy all the chips on the market and dyno them all and then show us all the results!
just think how good of a marketing ploy that would be for you! :rock:

thats a big statement alright! but shame theres no way to prove that..
if thats the case you should buy all the chips on the market and dyno them all and then show us all the results!
just think how good of a marketing ploy that would be for you! :rock:

No need. We know what they are doing to make power ... they all do the same. We are the only Chip manufacturer (apart from Brabus at $3000 a pop) that control MAP (Boost) as well as fuel.

There is only SOOOO much you can do with just fuel mapping.

If we didn't do the extra mod, we couldn't make that claim ... and neither would be for legal reasons :idea:

I guess you're right that if we had say a D40 dynoed with every chip on the market it would be worth gold ... but boy that would be painful.

Then we would get all the wank breaks out there saying somethink like ... "you probably detuned the other Chips" or " you could have faked the result" or "yadda, yadda yadda"

So what would we gain?

Better to just built a ripper product and give a 30 day money back guarantee that people would be happy with the Chips and that we haven't BS'd how good the Chips are.

Some wont be happy with that either but at least we haven't spent 30 days fitting chips and 15 days doing back to back dynos and ALLLL the money that would cost.

I hope most will agree with that.

PS. Some of the forum guys HAVE gone ahead and purchased ... but if they haven't said boo then i guess they just wish to stay under the radar.

If they give me permission to discuss their purchase I would be the first to advise.

I just hope some WILL venture out of the wood work and not be too scared of Nissan trolling these forums to catch people with chips ... which I know happens on a certain Mitsubishi forum!!!

But I also know we will get testimonials soon enough

PS. Some of the forum guys HAVE gone ahead and purchased ... but if they haven't said boo then i guess they just wish to stay under the radar.

If they give me permission to discuss their purchase I would be the first to advise.

I just hope some WILL venture out of the wood work and not be too scared of Nissan trolling these forums to catch people with chips ... which I know happens on a certain Mitsubishi forum!!!

But I also know we will get testimonials soon enough

mate that is true and it would be good thats for sure, a dyno to look at would be tops too! :big_smile:

About a group buy, the boys at newtriton.net organised a group buy of 32 members.

I told them that if they got to 15 I would count them in ... but I know we have been part of that forum for a while now ... but if you guys here can organise a group by of 15 I will also pass on a 10% discount of the Chip price.

Cheers

Have you fitted one to a D22 3ltr yet? If so what were the figures you got.

Cheers Rumpig

Have you fitted one to a D22 3ltr yet? If so what were the figures you got.

Cheers Rumpig

Heaps. Dynos also but if I could get the Dealers to take pics I would bloody happy.

I will get them up as soon as possible. However the power will be similar to the D40 ... a little less becuase of the turbo and lack of MAP sensor so that the extra features of the Chip are not used. Good news though is that the EGR plate we have for them can be used without the Chip so guys put in your EGR plate ASAP for a little more free poke.

Cheers

Heaps. Dynos also but if I could get the Dealers to take pics I would bloody happy.

I will get them up as soon as possible. However the power will be similar to the D40 ... a little less becuase of the turbo and lack of MAP sensor so that the extra features of the Chip are not used. Good news though is that the EGR plate we have for them can be used without the Chip so guys put in your EGR plate ASAP for a little more free poke.

Cheers

robert
you have been promising to get dyno's up for ages now, still waiting... :idea:

Got any dyno charts from other vehicles we can see?

Cheers
Matt

Yes. Heaps. All cars we have chips for have dyno sheets ... except D22. You can see them all on our website.

Triton 3.2 with petrol / methanol injection is good viewing... 770nM from a 4 banger.

robert
you have been promising to get dyno's up for ages now, still waiting... :idea:

Doing our best Hutchstr, but cannot pull a dyno sheet out of the air ... OR MAKE IT UP.

But remember we gaurantee to give the best tunes out of ANY chip manufacturer ... or your money back.

No excuse or wiggle intended but I just dont have any to post.

robert its easy to say you will give the best but how would we know if we cannot get it on a dyno and compare with other chips?

For me personally im not looking for the best chip to give me the most power, i am looking for the most reliable and most advanced not who has the best kW figures.

Back