Cigarette Lighter 2011 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy_larco

Reaction score
Hey Guys, how come the cigarette lighter near the steering wheel has constant power. Is there any way to change this? Cause i have the sat nav plugged into that one and i have to plug and unplug every-time i get in and out of the car.

You could put a relay in, activated by an ignition-on source. That removes the power when the vehicle is off.

We had a similar problem, I just got used to pulling the plug out. Everything that's in there now can stay there for a couple of days without drama to the battery (I hope!).

Yes it was handy sometimes for charging phones etc without leaving the ignition on, although could easily flatten the battery with a sat nav on, I got a second point put into mine that only had power when the ignition was on.

The one in the centre console switches off with ignition, use that, or, get some cable & some "T" plugs and make an extension for each one so they feed each other (does that make any sense?)

Latest posts

Back