Cold Stall - YD25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice one. fingers crossed , bit of a task to replace seals ?

Apparently not so hard, according to my Mechanic. He said the first one they did they where *very* weary and skeptical about taking apart the pump, but once they had it apart it was relatively straight forward.

Since then he's done dozens. Cheaper alternative to replacing the whole pump,if the bore is not scored or any visual damage done - they put in a new pump seal kit and it's "as good as new".

i must give him the Thumbs Up, as it would have been all too easy to go the easy route and say "pumps fkd" and slug me $2500. Shows the worth of a good, trusted, thorough mechanic / workshop.

I just wished I'd not shelled out for a new SCV - although my old one was symptomatic, so it may well have needed to be replaced too. I will add that the time length from "random morning stall" to "stall all the time and not idle at all" was 10 days.

**TONY** Mark this one down as SOLVED.

** Feedback.

Car has noticeable more power. Fuel Pressure logged is now some 300PSI higher at idle. (previous it was around 3800 at idle, now sits around 4100) Smoother idle - more power rush when coming into boost. Less throttle input required to effect acceleration.

Pump is *so* quiet now.

My mechanic says the rebuild seal kit is not Nissan Specific, but it is available at and good seals and bearings outlet. They've been doing them from approximately 18 months now, with no complaints or returns.

Most importantly, Ute started, idles and DOES NOT STALL!

Shout out to AUTOFIX Mechanical for an outstanding diagnosis and repair.

noticed that, is it the repco mechanic you used ? I lost all throttle response this morning. Nothing till I got the pedal half way down !! then it took off. Usually happens at lights after its idled for a while . Doesn't sound like a bad thing to do anyway . Add it to the list.

Latest posts

Back