Comments regarding chip it, chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a note there for Beergutz: we saw your ECU reporting the fuel rail pressure peak at about 28500kPa, so yours was definitely higher if the chip makers are pushing it to 27500kPa!

Well I'll let you all know soon, as my Chip-it chip and EGT sensor kit should arrive this week. Can't wait!

Cheers
Racketsports

Northside - i have read a few of yours posts / threads and i see that you are pretty switched on, but seriously mate, whats with jumping on every chip-it thread and giving your 2c ?

if you want to promote your own gear, cool, but do it in your own thread - its like you're trying to sway people away from chip-it

ive got a chip-it on my R51 and im happy with it. Great improvement and helps remove the lag at lower RPM

my only whinge, and i dont know what causes it, is the fuel consumption guage. Its now in the 7's L.P.100 but when doing the math via litres used vs distance travelled it worked out in the mid 9's (still good, dont get me wrong)

Northside - i have read a few of yours posts / threads and i see that you are pretty switched on, but seriously mate, whats with jumping on every chip-it thread and giving your 2c ?

if you want to promote your own gear, cool, but do it in your own thread - its like you're trying to sway people away from chip-it

ive got a chip-it on my R51 and im happy with it. Great improvement and helps remove the lag at lower RPM

my only whinge, and i dont know what causes it, is the fuel consumption guage. Its now in the 7's L.P.100 but when doing the math via litres used vs distance travelled it worked out in the mid 9's (still good, dont get me wrong)

Id need an example to know what your talking about in regards to throwing in my 2c?

We have done a shit load of chips. We have 120 odd dealers around the country and overseas and I have never had a customer come back with injector issues.

On top of that, we push our factory cars to 50% more than any manufactures stock pressures and no car of ours has ever had injector issues.

Guys, Northside does seem to always have a "suggestion" but quite frankly he is not accurate when it comes to discussing our chips. If you need info on Chip It Performance mods ... get it directly from us.

We have fitted and (sold direct to the customer) a great many chips to vehicles with stock exhausts and not have an issue. With our EGT Controlled Chip EGTs are always kept in check.

The EGT controlled chips, which do fuel and turbo control, are only $1299.00 + $25.00 freight and come with full instructions so that you can do the job yourself. Just play in to the factory sensors. No cutting of wires or joining up wires at the ECU.

northside - im not going to trawl through a heap of threads and posts to find you an example.

Like others, i used this forum to read up on chips before spending my hard earnt money and you always have something against one maker or another. I know this as i read alot of threads at the sametime so it stuck out a bit

let chip it hock their chips in their own threads and you stick to your own - let the buyer decide

i made my decission and im happy with my chip it

^ Fair point, but Lyndsay (Northside) and Robert have both provided very good information.

Id have no trouble recommending either of there products due to the fact, they have taken the chips in Australia to the next level instead of just throwing in a heap of extra fuel.

northside - im not going to trawl through a heap of threads and posts to find you an example.

Like others, i used this forum to read up on chips before spending my hard earnt money and you always have something against one maker or another. I know this as i read alot of threads at the sametime so it stuck out a bit

let chip it hock their chips in their own threads and you stick to your own - let the buyer decide

i made my decission and im happy with my chip it

So you want to only hear what the manufacturer of the chip has to say?
Not other people experience's of it? If so why bother looking around at all, just call around and take the advice of the people who make the chips.

Such as the shops who sell Steinbauer and tell you it can control injection timing, or some other shops selling DP chips and the likes telling customers it actually controls the canbus system and does fuel/timing/boost and everything.....

I have said on multiple occasions that if I could not use unichip, Chipit would be the only other chip I would use.

So you make take my posts as bashing other manufacturers... In my eyes im just using my experience to evaluate a product. If its got bad points I point them out, if its got good ones, I point them out to.

Cheers
Lindsay

Gotta say I like having loads of info b4 I buy. I applaud your efforts both Lindsay and Robert. I've had answers to questions I didn't know to ask. Cheers to ALL contributors.

look without a doubt, and as per my first post, you have alot of good information that i have picked up from many posts (not just chip related). BUT, from what i have seen, its posts that are for a certain product that you leave your 2c in

if its a thread on "chips" go ahead, but if its a thread on a certain manuf's product, whats the point of picking out the negatives.

Im sure you wouldnt like me coming into one of your threads and putting thoughts into potential customers minds (not that i would, cause i know fuck all about the topic). Not everyone knows the ins and outs of how things work, and it just ads more confusion to the decission

ive said my bit, and im going to leave it at that - your knowledge is appreciated on this site so it is good to have people like yourself around here :)

I don't know about everyone else, but i'd like to know as much as possible when i'm researching to make a decision on what product to buy... good AND bad. Seeing as both northside and chipit are professionals and knowledgeable about what they do, i can't see any problem with one pointing out good and bad aspects of different products. Obviously you should only promote your own product in your own thread however discussion should be encouraged and facts should be out there for all to see.

Since coming to this site i've been directed to certain manufacturers by many different members. It would be next to impossible to narrow it down to one if nobody brought up bad aspects about certain products/installation procedures/modifications etc etc the list goes on. The "Point" is for you as the consumer to be able to make an informed decision.

I don't know about everyone else, but i'd like to know as much as possible when i'm researching to make a decision on what product to buy... good AND bad. Seeing as both northside and chipit are professionals and knowledgeable about what they do, i can't see any problem with one pointing out good and bad aspects of different products. Obviously you should only promote your own product in your own thread however discussion should be encouraged and facts should be out there for all to see.

Since coming to this site i've been directed to certain manufacturers by many different members. It would be next to impossible to narrow it down to one if nobody brought up bad aspects about certain products/installation procedures/modifications etc etc the list goes on. The "Point" is for you as the consumer to be able to make an informed decision.

That's all fine but when its in OUR vendor section the other vendors should not be there trying to win over customers. That's what they have THEIR area for.

If they are not getting the fan fair we are then that is their issue. If people want info about that other product they are able to visit their area. We dont intrude on their threads, they should respect our thread.

And all of what we have heard from the beginning from them is them trying to throw in 2cents worth as the other poster pointed out.

That's all fine but when its in OUR vendor section (or specific Chip It thread) the other vendors should not be there trying to win over customers there. That's what they have THEIR area for.

If they are not getting the fan fair we are then that is their issue. If people want info about that other product they are able to visit their area. We dont intrude on their threads, they should respect our thread.

And all of what we have heard from the beginning from them is them trying to throw in 2cents worth as the other poster pointed out. Especially when their signature says * BEST CHIP IN THE UNIVERSE *

Last edited:
Fair enough Rob, i definitely understand where you're coming from. One does only have to look at the title of this thread to see what should be discussed herein.

My point exactly :)

BTW, noticed you dont have a Chip? You know we are about to re launch the forum discount offer of 10% of the EGT Controlled Chip? Food for thought

Chip-It chip and delete pipe ordered thru Robert. Can't wait to get the thing on and see how it goes.

:party:

Hey merchant
If you can, look into getting the EGT gauge as well. Well worth it in my view. It's amazing how hot the exhaust gases can get. I was going up Greenmount hill here in Perth the other week, I wasn't floging along just sitting on 80km and the EGT's went over 700! The gauge kicked in and down the temps went. If I hadn't of had the gauge I would never of known and probable just kept going.
I have to go up that hill again in two weeks and I'll have my camper trailer on this time....
My 2c worth

Mal

Hey merchant
If you can, look into getting the EGT gauge as well. Well worth it in my view. It's amazing how hot the exhaust gases can get. I was going up Greenmount hill here in Perth the other week, I wasn't floging along just sitting on 80km and the EGT's went over 700! The gauge kicked in and down the temps went. If I hadn't of had the gauge I would never of known and probable just kept going.
I have to go up that hill again in two weeks and I'll have my camper trailer on this time....
My 2c worth

Mal

Mal

I did talk to Robert about it and with the delete pipe the impact won't be as bad as having the DPF. I'll get it at a later date once i figure out how to get it passed the misses.

Edit: Email sent to Robert requesting price on the EGT controller.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back