CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use it all the time. Its good stuff. Just remove the sensor and spray it. The residue drys up quickly and reinstall sensor all done

I don't know if it was CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner, but SCA had some MAFS cleaner in a spray can for about $17 and I thought that was pricey, because Jaycar (as un-cheap as that place is) had a can of electrical contact cleaner (which is what MAFS cleaner is) for about $9.

I don't know if it was CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner, but SCA had some MAFS cleaner in a spray can for about $17 and I thought that was pricey, because Jaycar (as un-cheap as that place is) had a can of electrical contact cleaner (which is what MAFS cleaner is) for about $9.

I'm gathering that the below from Jaycar is the alternative?

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=NA1012

Cheers
Tim

Be careful with the Jaycar stuff. I haven't used it, maybe it's ok but some of those el cheapo types of contact cleaners will affect plastics. I'm happy using the the CRC brand of contact cleaner. Spray away it won't affect circuit boards and is fine for the MAF sensor.

In fact I would safely say that the CRC brand of MAF sensor cleaner is rebadged CRC Contact cleaner with a bigger sticker price.

I just checked the Jaycar range and can't see the can I bought, it was a blue can that just cleaned electrical contacts (no lube, lube is for ... let's not go there).

Looks like CRC will be my next one as well, especially if Jaycar's products could cause problems. I haven't had any drama with mine so far, and the MAFS is in a metal jacket, but it's far better to be $9 poorer with a more expensive spray can than $400 poorer because you just dissolved your MAFS.

uploadfromtaptalk1405226349342.jpg

That's a MASSIVE statement to make.. PROVEN to make 4-10HP AT THE WHEELS.. Surely it needs an Asterix against that with some fine print that reads "compared to MAF that's oil laden and so dirty you can't see the element"..

Contact Cleaner is the way to go.. No need to pay for fancy names :)

hmm ok, my fuel economy has started to slightly worse over the last 1000kms, 36000km on the clock. I might give this stuff a go & see if it helps

The only reason I use it is to clean. It cleans with out any residue left over.

But it is a massive statement to say hp gain at rear wheels.

To use just saturate and spray sensor you want to clean, it strips away dirt and grease.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back