Crd d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazz

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at different 4x4's just have some questions on the D22. Used to have a 3.0 litre but it was written off.

Do the 2.5 ZD30 engines have any common problems? ( Ive heard the patrol one has a few) and does the clutch last?

Thanks for your help in advance

cheers

The D22 is a 2.5ltr YD25 engine, NOT a ZD30, that was the old one.

The clutch lasts as it is a single mass flywheel, not a dual mass as found in the D40, which has had issues.

Main gripe i hear is the lack of power, otherwise no real engine issues i believe?

Hey guys looking at different 4x4's just have some questions on the D22. Used to have a 3.0 litre but it was written off.

Do the 2.5 ZD30 engines have any common problems? ( Ive heard the patrol one has a few) and does the clutch last?

Thanks for your help in advance

cheers

Mate of mine bought one new back in 2008 travels to Perth from Melbourne heaps (for business) stock as a rock and has 240,000 odd Kms on it, he can't fault it at all

If two ain't spinnin' you just ain't winnin'

ZD30 is actually a Renault engine, the YD25 is a Nissan engine, both have about as much in common as apples and oranges... anyway its not a bad engine, more fuel efficient then the ZD30 and they get great results from a chip (just not DP chip), they are faster accelerating then the ZD30 as well (owned both so I knew straight away). They can apparently have chain tensioner problems, but IMO its just bad luck if it happens, like its so rare I think maybe 2 or 3 people on here have had it happen, there would be way more people with dead fuel pumps in the ZD30 then broken timing chains in the YD25 for instance and the fuel pump issue is not really a common fault or anything just bad luck.

Clutch will go the distance, probably the only ute left on the market with a really good clutch...

Latest posts

Back