d22 auto headlight off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chvrl-8

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm wanting to install an auto headlight off switch as the missus is used to just leaving the lights on... Not so great on a vehicle that LEAVES them on. Has anyone installed one or know of a kit to do it??? Cheers.

I wired in a piezo alarm, so if I leave my lights on when the ignition is off it's squeals at me. I found this easier than trying a lights off rewire. You could just change you headlight feed to come off accessories, which means lights only work when ignition is on, but I'm not sure if it's legal, or easy.

Pix, it would be awesome if you could elaborate further on either of these, or do a tutorial. I'm just glad I'm not the only person that this bothers :p

just wire it into the dim lead that goes to the stereo. Took me all of about 15-20 mins all i did, all thats required is a relay and piezo and i covered all the exposed parts of the relay with silicone and cable tied it up under the dash behind the stereo. Works a treat. Pretty sure I've listed the diagram up on here somewhere.

Well, I almost got caught today with leaving my headlights on all day. When I leave for work it's dark and by the time I get to work it light.... This time a co-worker advised me I had left my lights on.... Sooner or later, I'll get caught with a flat battery so it's time for some sort of warning device....
For those in the know, would the following pic work on these D22's at all:

12v%2520Headlight%2520Warning%2520Buzzer%2520Circuit.jpg

Latest posts

Back