D22 V ML Triton

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutBush

Reaction score
Ok, I've been wanting a D22 for a while now and have read alot into them. The missus says she likes the ML Triton (2006 onward shape). I've had a look at both and they have pros and cons for each... ie: the rear seats are massive in the Triton, but the Tray in the Nav is bigger...etc. It will be mainly used for touring but want to set it up so it will handle the tuffer stuff aswell.. (read 2" lift, snorkle, winchbar etc)

So why should I buy a Nav over the Triton? Convince me!!

Ok, I've been wanting a D22 for a while now and have read alot into them. The missus says she likes the ML Triton (2006 onward shape). I've had a look at both and they have pros and cons for each... ie: the rear seats are massive in the Triton, but the Tray in the Nav is bigger...etc. It will be mainly used for touring but want to set it up so it will handle the tuffer stuff aswell.. (read 2" lift, snorkle, winchbar etc)

if u havnt got kids then go with the nav because there is alot more aftermarket gear u can get for them. but if u want comfort n performance then get a 4.2 tdi patrol mix of both worlds.:big_smile:

you will also have a lot of extra $$$ left over to do the mods if you buy a nav..

I have looked for a while and just pickd mine up today, i found that you can get a lot more aftermarket stuff for them than the tritons

I see you say you've read reviews and all - the next thing to do would be to look at some pictures of both vehicles. Or even just look at some pictures of the Triton.

Your decision will then come easily. :dancing:

Navara v Triton

One of the work vehicles i drive is a 09 triton. Plenty of power and good room in the back, not so sure of the prices of gear as it is a work vehicle. Apart from being butt ugly, it seems to do the job ok. I have a 06 Navara and am very impressed with it after going to Landcruiser Park Last weekend.

Do you really think we here are going to persuade you to buy the mitsu?

:hmmmm:......:sorry:.......:nono::nono:

There's also towing capacities to consider. Triton is 2.3 or 2.4T, Navara is 3T. The D22 diesel is a nice smooth engine with a smooth range of power delivery from idle upwards.

The D22 does miss out on child restraint hooks and rear-seat legroom though. That's why we chose the D40, which you might also consider - just be aware that the D40 manual diesel, if you rev it too much while taking off, will eat its clutch very quickly.

The Tritons aren't a bad bit of gear at all, good motors but pretty average looks and piss poor resale.

My D22 has been very good to me so Id buy another D22 if I wanted a new vehicle.

My second choice would be a D-Max or a Colorado.

Dave.

The D22 does miss out on child restraint hooks and rear-seat legroom though. That's why we chose the D40, which you might also consider - just be aware that the D40 manual diesel, if you rev it too much while taking off, will eat its clutch very quickly.

isnt that what the ute is for? :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back