D40 Ironman lift kit - interesting results

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a hell of a detour!

Not 100% sure how my weeks are planning out at the moment, it's calving time on 2 of the farms and we've got a few stroppy mothers which don't make it easy to make solid plans. They just aren't considerate enough to drop their bubs when it's convenient for us. I'll have to let you know if I'm going to be out there.

finally found my camera this arvo ... it was in the car all along - just needed to pull the cd's out of the centre console to find the tiny digital camera at the bottom ...

Playing in the mud
P8210078.jpg

now forgive me with the rest of the photos, i was the only nissan, all the other cars were toyota's

one of the many river crossings

P8210086.jpg

something needed to be removed from this wheel arch ...

P8210084.jpg

there is a track down there somewhere

P8210075.jpg

Woody, we're are going to have to take a rain check for Wednesday, or more aptly a sun check, there's been about 3 inches if rain up at the farm since last Wednesday and the place is nearly inaccessible to vehicles, can't believe there has been that much rain up there when we'd be lucky to have had an inch in the same time.

Got the Prado bogged three times yesterday hauling sick cows up the paddock. I know plenty of people will say we should have used a Nissan cause all Toyotas suck and that Prados are limos not 4wd's but I'm not a subscriber to that kind of dribble, we got bogged purely and simply because there was too much mud and water. So the farm is a tractor only zone until we get some sunshine and wind up there to dry out the tracks.

Don't tell work it's canceled and go off for the day anyway, there's good fishing to be had down there.

Jason, currently running 31's, BFG all terrain 265/70 r16 but on the spare rims I have just got some maxxis muddies 32's

Woody, have you had any trouble with the 32's rubbing? Also does anyone know what size 32's are in mm as I have 17" rims, thanks.

Woody, have you had any trouble with the 32's rubbing? Also does anyone know what size 32's are in mm as I have 17" rims, thanks.

I only have the 32's on the car for 4wd trips, i generally run the 31 BFG all-terrains.

But i have not exerienced any problems whatsoever with the 32's when they are on the car - and i guess i'd be testing them better when off road, as i'm likely to put the car on angles and tight turns, more than just driving on tarmac.

Hey Woody welcome back, dunno if you've actually been anywhere but it's been a while since I'd seen your name on a post.

Been busy Krafty ... with that thing called 'work' ... instead of ducking - i got swamped.!!

Thanks for the 'welcome back' though.

If I actually did anything that resembles work I'd commiserate with you Woody but since I don't you'll just have to accept my condolences. Tell your boss you deserve a holiday on the company dollar and that you'll be back for Christmas.

Geez you got that wrong when you delegated the roles didn't you. That's the problem with working for yourself, when you ring in sick the boss always knows your lying.

Still with the crappy weather we've had lately it's not like there is much else to do, I went out for a drive yesterday and found most of the old tracks around here aren't as much fun because the rain and torrents of water running down them have made them too rough for anything other than 20km speeds.

My MRS would wish that i only drove around at 20km / hr

But anyhow ... i've had a Brown Davis long range tank installed about 3 weeks ago, and a 12K pound ironman winch installed 2 weeks ago. Just haven't had time to post it up.

Last saturday i changed my spot light configurations, now i have twin floods on the winch bar (220dia HID's) 250m range - and i've put twin spots on the roof rack (220dia HID's also), then drove up to ballarat on saturday arvo.

The lights needed some adjusting before i drove home late on saturday night - all i can say is - bloody awesome !!!!

You haven't been busy working, you've been busy robbing banks to feed your mod habits :big_smile:

sorry to dig up an old thread. but iv just purchased an ironman 2 inch lift kit for my '10 st navara. just wanted to know if there is anything to watch out for whilst fitting or any little tips regarding the installing. im confident in doing the job myself just thought id ask if any one else has come across anything before

thanks
kyle

Kyle ... my mechanic said it was dead easy to install ... i just take him at his word.

I went directly to a tyre outlet the next day and got a wheel alignment done.

Need help on the right lift kit for max height

G'day all, Im just new on the fourm.... I have a 2009 d40 petrol, i have been looking for the right lift kit but i have had mixed answers about iron man and snake racing. I spoke to the snake racing dude and he said that i just can go the cheap way for a 2' lift and get the spacers and extended shackles for around $440. and that will give me 50mm of lift. and the iron man rep said that for $1200 i can get the iron man suspension kit and get around 40mm of lift. so i don't really know what to do???? can anyone help???? i don't reall carry heavy loads just do a bit of beach camping and somtimes tow a light camper trailer.

Thnaks pete :sad:

hello drawdog

i'm hearing different storeys about extended shackles, and not being legal in some states.

The Ironman 40mm rated lift kit is a good kit. Whilst it is RATED to be a 40mm lift, when i had the constant load C lift put in my Nav, i actually got nearly 60mm in the front and over 100mm in the rear (and that is with a bit of a load in the car first).

i work on those figures, becuase i always carry some load in my car - i wanted to know what the difference is in my loaded state for when i'm off road.

If i measured a brand new stock car - with original suspension in perfect condition, and then re-measured my car, both without ANY load - i doubt the figures would be a high as 60mm and 100mm that i'm quoting.

I would most certainly go for the Ironman 40mm lift kit vrs extended shakles - as you will get all the shockies replaced as well - the standard shocks on my car were showing signs of starting to fail after only 8 months.

The extra height gained from the lift kit will suit you when you start driving on soft sand, keeping the chasis above the sand for longer when your in the sand tracks.

Thanks mate for the info, i will probably go with the B load setting because i don't really carry heavy loads alot. thats good to know the iron man kit is good. it's so hard to really know what to buy. Thanks for the input...

Latest posts

Back