D40 money sucking piece of shit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaahhhh now I see why mine isn't crap, it's not black or white. Look out Nath you're screwed you've had both black and white.

Sorry for the rant but cant stand people who cant see crap or admit it when it is a black and white fact.

The comment of the D22 was correct ! I had my 2004 D22 petrol - 140k's and NOT ONE issue ! Should have kept it and no upgraded to a D40 and Disaster ! And i was Nissan before this - owning a 10 sec 200sx, my D40, and a GQ at the same time.

Let me tell you Nissan aint ever making into my garage again !

Like i said before i can see why you really have a massive case for getting shitty with your D40, BUT like you said your self you have loved all the other nissan's you have owned and there are so many of us that have had a good run with our D40's so i dont think they are ALL "junk" but yes yours does seem to be a friday car and they are out there in all makes from BMW to Holden and every other make you care to mention.
I would be taking your car to an independent repairer and taking his findings along with all your own info you have gathered to the "Department of fair trading" and see if you can get some sort of satisfactory result, and dont ever go back to Jarvin he is a MASSIVE DIKC!! Maybe try a few other dealers
like i said its a real shame you have had such crappy luck just hope you get it sorted so you can get some use out of it before you sell it and buy a yota

Seeing as you have not one ounce of knowledge of my vehicles service history or my respect for it shows how uninformed and biased you opinion is. To make such blanket uniformed decisions shows the complete inability for any comment you make to be credible.

"These vehicles are JUNK JUNK JUNK"
I think the first statement kinda contradicts the second. Just sayin.

Seeing as you have not one ounce of knowledge of my vehicles service history or my respect for it shows how uninformed and biased you opinion is.

Since my comment was a general comment based on what someone else has said and not directed at you or in anyway mentioned you my opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

To make such blanket uniformed decisions shows the complete inability for any comment you make to be credible.

I've never stated anything I say is credible however it is an opinion and public forums are full of them, you yourself have one which seems to go against that of a lot of Navara owners yet no one has made claims about your credibility.

These vehicles are JUNK JUNK JUNK - and if I hadnt stuck so much cash in modifications I would not be keeping it. Npw its in for timing chain, major service. diff locker, AND RUST REPAIRS.

You're vehicle may be junk but mine isn't therefore blanket ill-formed decisions may just show the complete inability for any comment some people make to be taken as credible.

Who maybe my neglect and waxing it only every couple months made it rust in the gutter rails or the chassis rails - geez i should treat it with more respect next time !!!

Don't bother obviously it's a heap of shit and there is no other answer for it than to make wild claims about every other vehicle of it's kind being the same as yours.

Oh and in case you haven't worked it out yet my Nav still isn't junk :thefinger:

wanderer- keep in mind also this is a navara specific forum, people who own D40's have digs at D22 owners and vice versa but its all in good fun, when you come on though saying navaras are shit (which is fair enough) just don't go expecting a hospitable conversation with everyone. Its like if I go on New hilux and tell them hiluxs are shit because they run DMF and have injector problems ect I would get this kind of reception.

We bought the V6 550. Auto was a must. Over the life of a car, auto works out best. Autos are about fluid dynamics, and manual clutches friction plates. The V6 is probably over priced, but nothing comes close to the way it drives. Other mates also have auto.

Last edited:
Wanderer, grab a good solicitor and get him on to the new consumer laws re: lemon laws and give it to
Nissan.
You can find out for yourself at fair trading.
This case sounds like exactly what these laws where made for.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Only thing I've ha go wrong was the transfer case seal and smacking a bank and destroying the front left hand suspension an possibly sending the chassis out of alignment....

Get the ute back on Tuesday ! Now with ARB Locker - wish I hadnt sunk so much money in it or she would be gone. - keep moving on !

Plus sick of hearing it when ever I walk in some where to get repairs done and they all tell you - oh yeah just did one of these - DIff Technics said he is well versed is repairing the LSD's under warranty - and also said Nissan make him not replace replace bearing etc to save cost so no warranty on the repairs.

Going away next weekend - hope it makes as the diff issue stuffed the last trip.

Gotta love Nissan Quality ! hahaha

Lets see what breaks next !

Well - blew my diff at Xmas, put a locker in $2900.

Now the second clutch is GONE at 87,000 k's.

Im fixing it up. Now ordered a hilux, delivered in 7 weeks. Going up for sale and WILL NEVER touch a nissan aghain in my life - it has sucked $8,100 in maintenance now in 12 months, between computer to fix idel problems, repairs, diff and clutch.....

How can Nissan even sell such a failed product ?

Probably because the number of failures compared to the number of non failures is minutely small. Have no doubts Toyota have just as many unsatisfied customers, I hope you get lucky and get one that doesn't have issues (if only for the sake of the Hilux forum) but buying a Toyota definitely isn't a ticket free from factory issues.

Ive owned three navara's and done over half a million km's in them and never had any issues with my diffs, clutches or anything that major for that matter.

on the other hand all my mates and relo's that own Hilux's have had heaps of probs, a good mate just had to have his injectors + rail replaced and he is the forth one of my Hilux buddies to have done that exact job BUT no big deal really its only costing them around $6500 not to mention the probs with the rear diff and the clutch issues and one with the auto has had to fit a cooler to stop it boiling,
So as Krafty said the Yotas have there fair share of probs so i hope you get lucky.

I'm sure if it's deleted, someone will come along and create another one. If people want to vent a little and say goodbye, this is as good a place as any, I guess.

Besides, it'll be amusing one day, when someone comes back and buys another Nissan because their Hilux/Bravo/Triton/Amorok/Colorado/Dmax/Great Wall has completely shit its 5th engine, 17th gearbox, 43rd set of drive shafts, 195th set of injectors, 2,143 fuel pumps ...

I really can't wait for the lemon laws to hit NSW. You take a vehicle back a third time for the same problem under warranty and Nissan will HAVE to replace the ENTIRE vehicle (or so I believe).

I just had a squizz at the Toyota forum and funny how they have members asking about knowledge on problems such as fuel economy, timing issues, transmissions etc...

According to some people navara's are shite and everything else is superb...

Yeah but every product is the same, from frypans to battery chargers, from toilet seats to cars there is always going to be some who bag out a product and some that think the same product is the be all and end all of everything and nothing can compare.

I drove to Kempsey today to pick up my new STX. Got to Taree and Nav overheated. Could see temp starting to climb so put on hazards and slowed up till I could safely pull over as was towing a scissor lift. To cut a long story short my 08 STX was to be traded for 19k ended up getting 4k. Motor absolutely shit itself blown head, radiator, transmission you name it. Day from hell for me. Hopefully new Nav will last longer. Love the power of the v6. Not happy Jan!!

Latest posts

Back