D40 Water Watch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
I recently got my d40 fuel system cleaned out because my d40 had bacteria in it that caused it to go into limp mode. Since having it cleaned i put fuel doctor in every tank to help prevent it but i have seen these water watch systems that separates the water from the diesel and sets off a alarm so you can drain the water out. I got a quote for $780 supplied and fitted ( i was told it fits somewhere near the abs). Does anyone run this, do you think its worth the money.

I recently got my d40 fuel system cleaned out because my d40 had bacteria in it that caused it to go into limp mode. Since having it cleaned i put fuel doctor in every tank to help prevent it but i have seen these water watch systems that separates the water from the diesel and sets off a alarm so you can drain the water out. I got a quote for $780 supplied and fitted ( i was told it fits somewhere near the abs). Does anyone run this, do you think its worth the money.

I've had a water watch fitted to my D40 for about 3 years now and it has saved me no end of grief. I must've run over the proverbial "chinaman" in a past life as I've now picked up heavily contaminated diesel (with water) on 3 separate occasions. On only one of these has the fuel company come to the party with the clean up costs. Thankfully I've only had to remove the fuel tank flush it and also flush the fuel system from the rail back.
Photos of where I've got mine fitted are attached. The mounting bracket is homemade from a bit of mild steel plate I had in the shed.

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3966.jpg
    IMG_3966.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 169
i have had bad fuel in my 09 d22. Luckily i did have my Fuel Manager fuel watch system installed prior to this event and it caught it before i had to wear a massive bill. After this event happened i went to the 4wd show which happened to be a couple of weekends away and found a product called Fuel Doctor Additive. This can be picked up from Supercheap for about $14 for 250mls and from Queensland Diesel Spares for the bigger bottles. I use it in EVERY fuel fill and now also have been using it in my Honda EU20i Generator, blower, mower, line trimmer, ford fiesta and a few other things and have had 0% trouble with any of the gear. all gear runs perfectly and fuel stays fresher for alot longer.

So for the extra lil bit per tank i save my car from troubles with water, keeps the fuel system clean and lubricated and the filter catches the chunky bits. Long term gain and i would recommend it ot anyone.

I recently recommended the product to my Brother in law who owns a 07 Ford Escape and his wife commented on how smooth the car runs and feels now with this small additive in. It works and have thrown out all my other additive i have tried without success.

Rusty

I use the fuel manger as well. You can also buy an alarm for it if you like.
Here is link to my install, although its not a "WATER WATCH" i used their bracket to install my filter so the photo will show you the actual bracket and mounting location.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=13269

.......................................................................................................................

Latest posts

Back