D40 Wing Mirrors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIKREELFISH

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Girls, iv been floating around here for a few weeks now, so iv finally Joined up, i need a bit of advice on how to access the lights in the wing mirror on my D40, as i want to change them over to LED's but as iv only had the Nav for 3weeks from brand new i'm not really keen on just getting a screw driver and start prying at stuff to see if i can work it out, on my own, if any of you G&G's know could you help me out with a few pictures cheers NIKREELFISH,

Welcoem.....
Never thought about doing something like that. But will have to keep an eye on this tread

I broke my drivers side mirror putting my led lights in last week.. you need to pull it out from the outer edge and pull it out without breaking it.. I did the passenger side easy after breaking the drivers one.. cost me 30bux off ebay for new mirror which is plastic. I got all my led lights from smithbro a member of this forum for 30bux and im stoked.. ill get some pictures up

That's the led replacement and a pic of the lights but bad quallity shot..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140216_201535.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140216_201535.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 116
  • ForumRunner_20140216_201552.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140216_201552.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 122
I broke my drivers side mirror putting my led lights in last week.. you need to pull it out from the outer edge and pull it out without breaking it.. I did the passenger side easy after breaking the drivers one.. cost me 30bux off ebay for new mirror which is plastic. I got all my led lights from smithbro a member of this forum for 30bux and im stoked.. ill get some pictures up

I have so many of those bulbs cost me next to nothing off flebay.

Might look at it over the weekend not sure I want to risk braking it

I'm getting some Clearview mirrors and was looking at putting 12V downlight globes (MR16, 2.5W) in there. Maybe I should just do something like this, with a custom cover glued into place? What would I use as a reflector? Would I need one? Why not just make something out of fibreglass and coat the inside with foil? Why should I be asking questions that I'm going to answer in the exact same post?

Latest posts

Back