Dave's new Dmax.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh there's a back-pedal for ya. You '22 jockeys were ripping the shit out of us D40 pilots for having a dial to select 2H-4H-4L and now Dave comes along (in a competitor's vehicle no less) and it's suddenly THE thing to have?

THAT is how you spell 'fickle'. :rofl:

Awe but the Dmax is special, more special than the D22 now.

not a bad looking ute dave, that interior has to be the most epic fail ever, really grey and brown? what were they thinking?

also you will be happy to know that the dmax got first place in the latest 4wd action mag for best dual cab or something!

bryan

It's an Isuzu so it's not from going around corners too fast or from getting in tight situations :ha:

Nice car to drive, never been off road in one though. Probably just as good/bad as the rest of the 4x4 utes.

Only used the dial once so far. Seem to work alright, older RA Rodeo's had drama's with the system but so far I haven't heard of any issues in this model.

Where are you located NakedApe ?

I brought mine from a dealer in Sydney and saved 10 grand, worked out cheaper then I thought.

In Tassie. They had a field day special of $38k for the base model, but I'd be squeezing more from them than that -- especially cause one display along there were tritons for $32k drive away.

I'm just kicking tyres at the moment trying to work out what's best for our situation - we need room in the back seat cause my kids are getting too tall for the D22. I also tried on a Pajero, Defender & a BT50 -- but just pissed myself laughing when the great wall dealer asked if I was interested in his product!

The Dmax is price comparative with the D40 range rather than the D22/Triton range but as to which one is better it's always going to be a personal thing, very few of us actually use our 4wd's as hard core 4wds and those that do need to modify them anyway and modifying them pretty much puts all models back on a level playing field.

Leather seats would be one of the main reasons I wouldn't buy a Dmax the other is the size of their ute dealer network but such factors aren't a consideration for all.

The Dmax is price comparative with the D40 range rather than the D22/Triton range but as to which one is better it's always going to be a personal thing, very few of us actually use our 4wd's as hard core 4wds and those that do need to modify them anyway and modifying them pretty much puts all models back on a level playing field.

Leather seats would be one of the main reasons I wouldn't buy a Dmax the other is the size of their ute dealer network but such factors aren't a consideration for all.

I couldn't give a rats what price comparison they think its at -- its what I'll pay that counts :)

In Tassie. They had a field day special of $38k for the base model, but I'd be squeezing more from them than that -- especially cause one display along there were tritons for $32k drive away.

I'm just kicking tyres at the moment trying to work out what's best for our situation - we need room in the back seat cause my kids are getting too tall for the D22. I also tried on a Pajero, Defender & a BT50 -- but just pissed myself laughing when the great wall dealer asked if I was interested in his product!

Can get a hilux SR DCab ute for $39990 drive away atm.

might be worth a look to

I saw an ad for those Lux's, couldn't be bothered looking for myself but I reckoned that for the price of the badge they must be low spec'd.

The sr is not to bad, basically an SR5 with vinyl floors, throw some 32's on it and they look alright, probably one of those through rose colored glasses kind of things, my D22 by comparison is pretty stone age and the lux has been out for a while so I assume most problems have been fixed by now.

I never liked the top of the range Lux we had on the farm so I doubt at $40K version would please me much.

Fair enough, thats the beauty of competition in the market, you can pick what suits you the best.

Hilux rely too much on a name, they might make a vehicle that is reliable and strong but value for money compared to all the other vehicles in the range is not something they have ever gone for.

Back