Deadly's D21 Budget TOY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave, when's the blower get bolted on the Navara ?

Nav looks good, love that Patrol of your's to. Yopu certainly do some nice fabrication work.

Dave.

Hey Dave, when's the blower get bolted on the Navara ?

Nav looks good, love that Patrol of your's to. Yopu certainly do some nice fabrication work.

Dave.
Thanks Dave:top:
Mate I'm really missing not driving the 'Trol, hopefully in a few months time it'll be back on the road with the new motor:3gears:
As for the blower, well ther's been a change of plans. It seems what I would gain from it, I'm pretty much going to lose powering the blower (which is a bugga cause it would've been something different). The T28 turbo I was going to use on the 'Trol will now go onto the Nav (when I find a manifold), as i picked up a bigger T04E Turbo last friday for $50. There doesn't seem much wrong with it, but i'll put a kit throught it anyway.
So now I have a supercharger for sale if anyone is interested.

Some of the guys with petrols might like a blower.

Good luck with the Patrol aswell.

Dave.

Great pics, do you know the name of the road that enters that area Deadly?

G'day mate...yea Im a local to the area and have been wheeling there for years... basiclly you down the M1 get your self onto Upper Ormeau rd... Google Upper Ormeau Rd and you will see how to get ther... stay on this road untill you see Cliff Barons Rd on ya right, just past this is the entrance to the tracks in Ormeau...

hope this helps if ya want we can tee up a little trip ?????

cheers

Steve (Aka MrNavara) the red one !!!!!!

Sounds good mate, thanks for that. I might check out google maps and let you know. Matt might be up for a run as well.

Some of the guys with petrols might like a blower.

Good luck with the Patrol aswell.

Dave.
Yeah, I'll have to pull me finger out and put it in the For Sale section.

Thanks mate, while I'm enjoying the Nav, I do miss the 'Trol.

Well got in and changed the clutch yesterday, geez what an operration that was, took me and a mate nearly 11hrs to do (bare in mind this was the 1st time I'd changed a clutch in a car, and did the rear main seal while the gearbox was out). Having to remove the torsion bars and mounting cross member didn't help any, and only using a trolly jack and motorbike hoist to get it out/put it back in:banghead:

The gearbox down.....
IMG_2948.jpg

the old pressure plate & clutch....
IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

.....which along with the flywheel looked fairly new. Was supposed to 've done up about 18mths before I bought it. The clucth plate has got some small gouges in it, but other wise seems ok. Found one of the clips that hold the throwout bearing to the fork had broken, and the fingers on the pressrue plate were worn more on 1 side then the other.

Seems when I was at Ormeau, I bent a Torsion Bar, pretty certain it was when it came down on a fairly large rock:banghead: Seems they are the original TB's that it was bought new with.
Picked up the new Dobinsons TB's this afternoon, and put them in, geez, that was a fun job:banghead: Had to drop the cross member out, stand it upright, heat the adjusting carrier up, and hammer them out with a dolly. When I put them back together, gave them a coat of anti seize, so hopefully next time they come out will be a lot easir.

IMG_2949.jpg

Hey deadly, sorry to hear about the bent bars and the trouble you had getting them out. Im just about to start the process of trying to reset mine so I can wind them up 50mm, just want to know if there is a deeper spline on the torsion bar thats going to restrict my start point, or are the splines tha same all the way round?

Ta Thomo.

Thanks Thomo, That's life though:big_smile:
There wasn't any deeper spline on mine, so they should go into any position.
If your pulling yours out, before you put them back in, give it a coat of anti seize, so you won't have the trouble I had with mine.

Cheers...................Dave

Are those dobbies the same spring rate as OEM? They look to be the same diameter but it's too hard to tell, it doesn't take much of a diameter increase to increase the spring rate.

Are those dobbies the same spring rate as OEM? They look to be the same diameter but it's too hard to tell, it doesn't take much of a diameter increase to increase the spring rate.

They look slightly larger.
From research I have done recently the standard spring rate is adequate for carrying a bar and winch so I dont see the purpose of HD bars as it will only make the front stiffer with the biggest change coming from the damping rate of the shocks.
If a spring can operate within its normal elastic range without reaching its upper limit then they should be left as they are and the damping rate is what should be tweaked, whether that be compression or rebound. I am quite surprised that with the amount of 4x4 products there is bugger all in the way of adjustable suspension other than that of preload ( cranking the torsion bars or stacking the springs) or charging the shock with air to firm up compression. I understand now that there is a very large amount of unsprung weight to cater for but surely shocks could be built to cater for that and allow for heavy enough shim stacks to be incorporated into modern shocks. It confounds me that there is so much engineering going on in both Factories and backyards that nobody has looked beyond agricultural dampers.
Haven't looked to Ohlins yet though
Just realized this is a 21 and not a 22 though so things might be different

The Dobinsons are only about a mm bigger the OEM. Would have prefered OEM, but wasn't going to pay over $600 EACH for them, as the only place that I could find OEM rates was Genuine Nissan. Apperently no aftermarket mobs do OEM rates......which sucks!!!!!!!!

Back