Deadly's D21 Budget TOY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure the chassis from the D21 & D22 are the same, aswell as a fair bit of the suspension components (I think). I know the rears are, as I'm running OEM springs from a D22.

Spent a few days last week camping over on Facing Is. Hopefully get my new computer this week, so will post up some pic's and vids from the Island ( this POS computer is giving me the MEGA SHITES....GGGRRRRR).

Just finished making and fitting the new snorkle to the Beacon......

IMG_2972.jpg

Looks good, out of interest what do you do for a job.

I have seen some of your metal work skills before and your good.

I reakon I could make the snorkel but not the rear bar you did for your mate.

Dave.

The Snorkle run straight into the air cleaner:victory:

Thanks Dave:victory: I'm a Fitter, Turner and Machinist by trade....21yrs in the game:eek:
Start with something small, then work your way up. The mate I did the rear bar for, he's a chemical lad scientist, usually plays around with timber in his spare time, bought a welder and made a set of draws for the back of his Nav:top:

Cheers.

My brother is a panel beater, really should hit him up to teach me to weld.

Going by your work your good at your job I am sure.

Dave.

Geeze that snorkle looks good deadly, dont spose you could take a pic of how you mounted it, cause I'm thinking of doing a similar one to mine.
I'm a Fitter, Turner and Machinist by trade....21yrs in the game
It's funny how time flies when your having fun, just relised Ive been in the tiling game just shy of 20 years.

Thanks Thomo.

hi Deadly - the whole D21 build up looks fantastic mate! Good job on the snorkle and rear tyre carrier too. Did you pinch the wheel mount off another carrier or did you make it all from scratch?

Lj

Geeze that snorkle looks good deadly, dont spose you could take a pic of how you mounted it, cause I'm thinking of doing a similar one to mine.

It's funny how time flies when your having fun, just relised Ive been in the tiling game just shy of 20 years.

Thanks Thomo.
Yeah mate, can do that for you.
Mate, I know exactly where your coming from:hmmmm:

hi Deadly - the whole D21 build up looks fantastic mate! Good job on the snorkle and rear tyre carrier too. Did you pinch the wheel mount off another carrier or did you make it all from scratch?

Lj
Thanks Lj, the boss for the pivot came from "Martins trailer Parts" (although, the 1's on my 'Trol, I machined up) but the rest I made from scratch:victory:

Its coming along very nice, bought a mint cond GQ for the wife and i lstill prefer to drive the nav, you can just throw it around so much easier. Great job...

Its coming along very nice, bought a mint cond GQ for the wife and i lstill prefer to drive the nav, you can just throw it around so much easier. Great job...

Thanks mate:top: Sounds like you picked up a bit of a bargin with the GQ.
Yeah, while I'm enjoying driving the Nav, I am missing not driving my 'Trol:bawling:
Looks like a nice spot. And the nav came back in one piece, cant ask for more than that :big_smile:
Thanks mate, yep not a bad spot at all. Had plenty of rain while over there....................good excuse to drink more BEER:big_smile:

Great pics, lucky bugger with the holiday.

I struggle to get the time off for a decent trip.

Dave.

Great pics, lucky bugger with the holiday.

I struggle to get the time off for a decent trip.

Dave.
Thanks Dave:top:
I won't tell you that at the end of next week, I've got another 2 weeks off:big_smile::big_smile:

Geeze, thats what my purchase price, not to mention just getting it to perfect running order so I can start making mods
I picked it for $600, with a new water pump, the gearbox & injector pump where done up in it about 18 mths before I bought it. When I put the new clutch in, discovered it had a new flywheel put in when the gearbox was done. Also discovered all the rear brakes had been done as well, new cylinders, the works. So there'd been a heap of $$$$ spent on it before I bought it, which saved me a packet:top:

Back