Deadly's D21 Budget TOY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Deadly,

The slider pics on p11 of the thread mate - can you take a pic of how you attached it to the chassis please. I've seen a few other's set ups but hey, I'm an info hound when I don't know what I'm doing.

Generally just wondering when I make mine, is it better to have the slider attachment to the chassis as you have made yours with the open end under or over the chassis rail. And then did you bolt and/or weld onto the chassis?

cheers muchly

good one deadly top job, like your bullbar where did you get it from or did you mod it
Thanks mate:victory:
It started out as an ARB Winch Bar for a Hilux, but cut the top hoops off, made up my own and welded on, as well as moddifying the mounts.

hey Deadly,

The slider pics on p11 of the thread mate - can you take a pic of how you attached it to the chassis please. I've seen a few other's set ups but hey, I'm an info hound when I don't know what I'm doing.

Generally just wondering when I make mine, is it better to have the slider attachment to the chassis as you have made yours with the open end under or over the chassis rail. And then did you bolt and/or weld onto the chassis?

cheers muchly
Not a prob mate. Basically it slides up from the underside of the chassis, and a bolt goes through the top to clamp it to the chassis. If it does happen to come loose (which I very much doubt:big_smile:) it'll just drop down onto the bolt.
Don't know about better or not, but it'd be easier to have the open end at the top. Makes it easier to get them on and off.:victory:

Here's how the sliders are mounted........

IMG_3147.jpg

....and the bull bar mounts......

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

It's been awhile since I posted any updates (old user name won't let me post for some reason:devil::sarcastic:)
Not much has been happening to The Beacon lately, but that may change very soon.
Have drawn up the design for the new tray, and have been looking at a Calmini 3" lift kit. Would have liked to SAS it using the '90 Patrol leaf sprung diffs I've got, but as there are no engineers near me (from what I can find out, the closest is about 5hrs away) that can do chassis mods, so has gone into the to hard basket for awhile.

About 11 o'clock this morning I decided I'm going to build my new tray for the Beacon. So went and bought the steel, removed the old tray, and got this far this arve.....

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

....just need to some tweaking to the right hand back corner.....DOH!!!!!

yeah - very quick and looks tidy. Any ideas on new fuel tank, water storage, dual battery etc under the tray while its off and you're rebuilding??

Thanks guys. Yeh I guess I do at times
No no real plans for fuel/water tanks, there will be a 2nd battery go next to the storage box though, as the Beacon is really only a "toy", have the Patrol for touring.

Got some more done today...

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

...pick up a sheet of alloy checker plate in the morning for the floor.

The tray is ready to be lifted off so I can weld the underside and paint it.
Welded on the tie rails...

IMG_0106.jpg

...battery and storage box...

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

...spare wheel support.....

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

...few things I'm happy with....roll bar will be getting done again, mig ran out of gas while welding the under side, so had to get the stick out (GRRRR hate stick).....a few of the welds will be redone when I get some more gas, it also pulled abit when welding it.....grrrr

Still got to make up a frame for the spare wheel hatch

hey deadly

do u live near wistari street i thought i saw ur rig last weekend while me n a mate were fixing his cruiser n doing a 2" body lift on my nav. :cheers!:

by the way the tray looks sweet in real life. i dig the rear led lights.:rock:

lookin good. Yea its a pita running out of mig gas ay.
Thanks mate....yeh pain in @r$e

hey deadly

do u live near wistari street i thought i saw ur rig last weekend while me n a mate were fixing his cruiser n doing a 2" body lift on my nav. :cheers!:

by the way the tray looks sweet in real life. i dig the rear led lights.:rock:

Thanks mate.
Yeh, I live in Pashley St.
@" B/L eh.....sonds interesting, may have to check it out.

Latest posts

Back