Defence force members!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More photo's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1243.jpg

Repelling from Huey's at D, Company paraded ground
IMG_1249.jpg

Vickers machine gun training. These were converted from .303 to 7.62mm
IMG_1250.jpg

More to follow over!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Great photo,s keep them coming Paul, Got to love the hearing protection with the vickers

G'evening Dave,

Mate, those were the days when you used silly little foam ear plugs. They were "as useful as tits on a bull" We used the same bloody things when using the 84mm Carl Gustav anti-armour weapons.

PS, it was all good fun!:shooter:

Regards,

RLI

More photo's

B, Coy 6 RAR on patrol with 3/4 Cav Shoalwater Bay 1983
IMG_1247.jpg

Leopard AS1 main battle tank
IMG_1246.jpg

Leopard armoured recovery vehicle . I could not believe how quick the RAEME mech's could do a total engine replacement on a tank. I think it was around a 30 minutes. These suckers have a massive Daimler Benz V10 diesel engine. Note the replacement engine on the rear.

IMG_1245.jpg

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

13 Yrs as Cav. Now transfered to be an Auto Elec (still training).

Attachments

• V31.jpg
    V31.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 95
11 years and still counting, as a Stoker in the RNZN. Hence the title. Have spent most of my time on ANZAC Frigates Te Mana and Te Kaha. I started off on the steam frigate Canterbury. I love it but i am starting to think of other things to do....

G wagon has a v6 turbo diesel with an auto gear box. Im keen to get behind the wheel of one.

11 years and still counting, as a Stoker in the RNZN. Hence the title. Have spent most of my time on ANZAC Frigates Te Mana and Te Kaha. I started off on the steam frigate Canterbury. I love it but i am starting to think of other things to do....

Good onya ST-R Stoker!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

G'evening briggo,

Looking forward to your personal de-brief on the new G-wagon. Hopefully it turns out to be a good piece of kit like the unimog!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Debrief haha don't think so mate I havnt even seen 1 in the flesh yet apparently there really good tho but they would want to be at the price ! $220,000 yep good old army didn't go the cheap option for once ! that's a ridiculous price they should get d40's and trick them out :)

Bit of a lurker and don't post mch but I did 23 years in the ARA and now 5 years in Defence as a civilian.

Best thing I ever did was join the Army, second best thing was deciding when it was time to leave.

Karl

Bit of a lurker and don't post mch but I did 23 years in the ARA and now 5 years in Defence as a civilian.

Best thing I ever did was join the Army, second best thing was deciding when it was time to leave.

Karl

G'day Karl,

Congratulation on your service. What corp did you serve in?

Regards,

RLI,
:shotgun:

another brave and courageous warrior!

G''day folks!

Once again we have lost another brave and courageous warrior!

Corporal Scott Smith was the 39th Australian soldier to be killed in Afghanistan. To the Smith family, my family and I send our sincere condolences.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them."

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

Back