Diesel fuels?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawaiman

Reaction score
Was just driving home and saw the local caltex servo has truck diesel and vortex diesel.. What's the difference between the 2 fuels besides the 3 cents per ltr?

Ive seen this aswell. Interested to know ill be following this.
Only thing I can think of is its like diesels they send the the mines. Because machines use more then one filter diesel isnt as clean hence the cheaper price. Doesnt go too well in cars/trucks with a single filter though. Fouls filters fairly quickly

^^^^^
No one is going to accept a dirtier fuel as you suggest, doesn't matter how many filters mining or agricultural machines run, we're running tier 3 engines in our newest tractors and they hate the littlest sniff of water in there injection systems. I know when we get fuel delivered we have to pay extra to get the anti freeze added for the cold weather.

The vortex fuel has a different additive pack injected when the delivery truck loads in the terminal gantry. The diesel still comes out of the same storage tank.

there's a caltex in perth (probably more than one actually...) that has truck diesel and normal diesel pumps right next to each other with about a 2c a litre price difference...

Yer that's what this caltex had.. Truck and vortex at 2 different pumps and also 2-3cents price difference.. Thought it might have been a higher grade fuel?

if the product is the same, i would suggest maybe some kind of bulk discount, nav standard 75l tank and last the average user a week or 2, cant cant usually fit the highflow nozzle in vs truck usual minimum 2x 700l tanks and lasts the average user about 2 or 3 days, and would take for ever to fill from near empty with a normal nozzle, and if you are paying for a fleet, i think you could see how that 2c adds up pretty quick.

Google tells me..............

The Vortex Premium diesel has a fuel system cleaner to help keep components like the injectors clean, plus an anti-foaming agent to aid fast-filling, and a perfume so it doesn’t smell as bad if you get it on your hands while filling your car.

Graham Smith, Carsguide

Latest posts

Back