Does anyone run 16x8 on D40????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD D40

Reaction score
Dynamic have bought out a 16X8 rim with a 0 offset to suit D40.

I was thinking of running a set of 285/75 on these but not sure how that offset will go.
I know there made them for the D40 as stud pattern suits but can I use these slippers daily??

Any pics would be Gold...

That's some big, big tyres. I'd be watching the guards - with a 75 profile, the road diameter is going to be quite large. I'd also be careful with the speedo - going that large on the tyre diameter, your speedo is going to read UNDER the actual vehicle's speed.

Another issue is strain on the vehicle - the D40's clutch and diff is not the strongest, it seems, so heavy towing or trying to drag 308GTs off at the lights should probably be reconsidered!

I reckon they would fit on mine no probs with the lift mine has. I can feel the difference in acceleration and braking going up to 265/75, going even bigger would certainly make her feel a bit more sluggish. The tall first gear will really stand out too. Mine is a bitch to hill start.

I guess it depends what sort of daily driving you do, and you are the only one that can say whether you can live with them or not. I say go for it, I want to see pics lol.

I had 31s on my rodeo and used the GPS for a speedo as there was 8 km diff.

Im chasing diff clearance and I have seen a couple Navs with 285s on stock STX mags with only a 2 inch lift.

285s only 30mm bigger diameter than 265s but thats 15mm of clearance to gain :D
What kind of diffs do the Navs use? love some shorter gears myself.

Someone will know more than me but I think they are a Dana something? Pretty crap as LSD's go apparantly, mine seems alright though.

Been nearly 12 months since this thread was last posted too I note.

I have been looking for 16x8s with our daft 6/114.3 PCD. Allied Wheels make a couple of rims which are blanks and can be drilled to 6/114.3.

285/75s or 305/70s can then be fitted up.

the thread was about offset has anybody fitted a set of zero offset ..?

not tyre size im running 285 on standard rims and also looking to get a little more offsets ?

285's must be a squeeze on 7 inch rims wouldn't they? My tyre fitter didn't wouldn't put them on mine, he reckoned they needed an 8 inch rim.

10.5 inch, or 265mm wide tyres is about the maximum you will get on 7 inch rims, otherwise you risk rolling them off the rims with a large cornering force, or breaking the tyre bead when 4X4ing.

285 wide tyres will have to go onto an 8 inch rim.

Standard Navara 7" rims are +40 offset.
So an 8" rim with zero offset will stick out an extra 52.7mm per side, add to that, the difference between the stock 265 tyre and a 285 tyre.

Overall, that will push the outer tyre edge out 62.7mm per side, when you pull full steering lock, the Nav just doesnt have that sorta clearance under the guards, unless you do a suspension AND body lift.

i think you can get a 16x8 +20 offset wheel fairly easily, that may be a different story.

Hope this helps, someone feel free to shoot me down if i am mistaken...

Vaughan.

10.5 inch, or 265mm wide tyres is about the maximum you will get on 7 inch rims, otherwise you risk rolling them off the rims with a large cornering force, or breaking the tyre bead when 4X4ing.

So an 8" rim with zero offset will stick out an extra 52.7mm per side, add to that, the difference between the stock 265 tyre and a 285 tyre.

Overall, that will push the outer tyre edge out 62.7mm per side, when you pull full steering lock, the Nav just doesnt have that sorta clearance under the guards, unless you do a suspension AND body lift.

i think you can get a 16x8 +20 offset wheel fairly easily, that may be a different story.

Vaughan.

I'll shoot you down LOL.
STX Spain is +30 offset, Thai build KC & ST is +45.

16x8 +20 would work on a Spain build. 23mm extra per side probably end up level with the guards.

is negative offset with some flares over the wheel arches an option??

You need to go the other way Boss -offset will be worse. 0 oup to +20 is your only option in 8" wide rims. Even with +20 you actually loose 3mm clearance on the inside.

Vaughan.

You need to go the other way Boss -offset will be worse. 0 oup to +20 is your only option in 8" wide rims. Even with +20 you actually loose 3mm clearance on the inside.

Thanks Guys that helps heaps. Much appreciated!!

I was talking to the guys at the tyreshop the other day and they knew of a full polish wheel to suit the D40 in a 16x8 but for some reason the manufacturer doesnt think 16x8 on the D40 is a good idea. Have no idea why though.
Anyone else heard of this?

Latest posts

Back