Dom's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah its a hard choice. I really want a patrol, but im still happy with the Nav. It gets me most places but i would like to tackle harder tracks with more ease. Selling cars and finding a good used patrol is a pain in ass. The price for a 4.2 TD Gu is stupid, they are going up in price rather than coming down.

My plan is to keep the Nav and then in a year or so might looking at buying a cheap patrol just for 4wding. All comes down to money now i have a home loan though.

Bar does look sweet.

That's exactly what i was after pretty much. But I want a gq instead of gu.
If I have a bit of money left after I travel I was thinking of buying something with a solid axle that's cheap and just use that as a muck around truck and leave this as my daily and tourer and the weekend.

I just find the 3.0L isnt powerful enough at the moment running 33's.

That's exactly what i was after pretty much. But I want a gq instead of gu.
If I have a bit of money left after I travel I was thinking of buying something with a solid axle that's cheap and just use that as a muck around truck and leave this as my daily and tourer and the weekend.

I just find the 3.0L isnt powerful enough at the moment running 33's.

Yeah a GQ would be a nice 2nd 4wd, probably what id go for as well. Finding one of them isnt easy either though. High K's on most and people dont want to sell the good ones.

Maybe have a look at Nav V6 diff replacements. From memory the ratios are better suited to 33's and they are stronger. CV's are stronger also.

Yeah a GQ would be a nice 2nd 4wd, probably what id go for as well. Finding one of them isnt easy either though. High K's on most and people dont want to sell the good ones.

Maybe have a look at Nav V6 diff replacements. From memory the ratios are better suited to 33's and they are stronger. CV's are stronger also.

yeah i may have a search around for those v6 replacements. still thinking about the SAS in the back of my mind too. depending if i have an extra 15 grand laying around hah.
but yeah with better rations and lockers, it should go everywhere i want or need to go.

yeah i may have a search around for those v6 replacements. still thinking about the SAS in the back of my mind too. depending if i have an extra 15 grand laying around hah.
but yeah with better rations and lockers, it should go everywhere i want or need to go.

mmm not cheap hey. Im just going to stay with 32's, maybe front locker and do some more work to the ass end for more travel. Talking with The 'Ultimate Suspension' blokes now. They said the back is is probably limited on mine because of the shocks, so need to pull them out and take some measurements sometime.

My rear leaves are to stiff as well, looking at the 4wd1 rock crawler leaves as replacements.

Id love 33's as well, but dont want a body lift down here in vic.

Heaps of plans, not enough money and time to do it..lol

Have a good one mate, im off to the high country for the weekend now.

Pete

mmm not cheap hey. Im just going to stay with 32's, maybe front locker and do some more work to the ass end for more travel. Talking with The 'Ultimate Suspension' blokes now. They said the back is is probably limited on mine because of the shocks, so need to pull them out and take some measurements sometime.

My rear leaves are to stiff as well, looking at the 4wd1 rock crawler leaves as replacements.

Id love 33's as well, but dont want a body lift down here in vic.

Heaps of plans, not enough money and time to do it..lol

Have a good one mate, im off to the high country for the weekend now.

Pete

Yeah my leave are dead straight at the moment so i have heaps of flex in the rear. it drops down passed the bottom of the wheel arches. it almost goes right up in the guards too but ill modify the bumpstops to get it right up in there.

Have fun in the high country! take pictures!!

Alrighty,

I've decided to bite the bullet and keep the nav and throw more money at it. There was a few gq's at the mechanics i go to and they all look the same, and ive convinced myself to keep it.

Anyway, I've sent an email off to rob at chipit for a chip, exhaust and boost controller.

Custom front an rear bar will be done by next friday, along with the snorkel.

And a question for anyone, i have a whole heap of scratches over the car from going through narrow tracks with trees. How much would it cost to get them all out?

Another quick update.

Front and rear bar will be finished friday with the winch and snorkel installed.

Then heading up to sydney to suss out front and rear air lockers!!

Expensive but exciting month ahead!

Another quick update.

Front and rear bar will be finished friday with the winch and snorkel installed.

Then heading up to sydney to suss out front and rear air lockers!!

Expensive but exciting month ahead!

How much is it setting you back? Well the rear bar mainly?

How much is it setting you back? Well the rear bar mainly?

Not sure yet on that one.

He still hasnt charged me for putting the lift in about a month ago now haha. cruisy bloke.

Ill let you know the price and a couple of pics when i pick it up.

And a question for anyone, i have a whole heap of scratches over the car from going through narrow tracks with trees. How much would it cost to get them all out?

Hi mate wow its all happening with your rig. As for the scratches mine is the same i was going to fix them but i decided not to bother coz next trip out ill just get more. But maybe try a mild cream cut and polish before you do anything else. Kittens is good.
And on another note with keeping the nav. I went from a gq to the nav although the gq was stockish i dont think i could go back to a rough ride like the old gq even though i loved it but love the nav. Keep up the good work!

Dont waste your time with cut and polish imo better off getting it buffed. Cut and polish just rips to much paint of i reckon.

Even if you buy a cheap electric buff and and bottle of buffing compound. I was told about a polish the other month called juice or juiced its meant to be awsome but i havent tryed it yet. I found kitten polish no.1 doesnt have enough bite if you have scratches its more just a light polish and kitten no.2 is to coarse. It will pull the scratces out but takes half your paint with it as i said above. Thats just my experiences but

My father owened car detailing businesses for over 20yrs and as far as I'm aware you will take allot more paint off and leave buff swirl marks when using a buff, and if you are not careful you can easily burn the edgers right off. There is most definitely an art to doing it right. Also when ever dad used a buff it would then be manually polished after to remove the buff marks.
At the end of the day if there is scratching you are going to have to remove some of the clear coat to get down to make the finish level and remove any sign of the marks.

Hmmmm well it sounds like a whole heaps of time and effort hah. I might leave it for now and just get the dints out out of it and the major scratches to make it look a little better

You could just paint over the scratches with blue paint, that's what I did on my Nav.

Hey mate, have you got the body lift engineered at all? I'm struggling to find an engineer because of the airbags I have an 06 3.0 with the drivers airbag

Hey mate, have you got the body lift engineered at all? I'm struggling to find an engineer because of the airbags I have an 06 3.0 with the drivers airbag

nope, havent got anything engineered on it.
I drove it around with the bullbar off and the lift in for about 2 months and cops gave me no troubles.
Im just going to make sure my rego never runs out.

Just spoke to robert at chipit and will be getting the chip and exhaust on the weekend! which means i wont be getting lockers for a little bit.

Hi Mate

From what I have heared the airbag sensors are not effected by a body lift and you can get them engineered.
I am almost ready for an engineer and would like to know of one if anyone can recomend one in NSW.

Cheers Brad

I finally get my car back!!!

After two weeks of waiting im finally getting my car back saturday morning :D
I am so excited.

Front and rear bar finished
Snorkels on
Service completed
Lower control arm replaced.

Then on saturday im picking up my chip from robert.

Latest posts

Back