Dtuk tuning module

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTrev

Reaction score
Hi everyone just a quick post about my new chip from dtuk, installed yesterday and wow what a difference. An awesome postage and service from Andrew at DTUK highly recommended any questions please ask.

Five star from me.

DTUK chip is an injector chip. Joe2006 whacked one in his and gave it a thumbs-up as well.

Before I go anywhere near one (of any description) I want to be sure there's some economy benefit to be had from it. All I ever hear is "yeah we got more power" but the chip has to pay for itself. Since I'm not going to take mine rally-racing or doing donuts outside Waratah Cop Shop, I'm expecting it to be able to pay itself by reducing the fuel consumption.

Haven't heard of a single chip that's actually (truly) capable of that yet (with a little evidence).

I could be swayed if my peak torque could be lowered from 2000rpm to 1500rpm, with the turbo producing much more boost starting at 1000rpm and peaking at around 1400-1500rpm. I doubt that will ever happen!

I can see where altering timing can save fuel, injector chips for example
but adding fuel can't save fuel....unless I am missing something?

That's also my thinking, although if you add a little in the right place and take it away elsewhere you may be able to achieve good results too. Not sure if that will raise EGT too much though.

Hi everyone just a quick post about my new chip from dtuk, installed yesterday and wow what a difference. An awesome postage and service from Andrew at DTUK highly recommended any questions please ask.

Five star from me.

Big Trev, I am interested in 3 points:
1) Do you notice (significant) power at low revs, i.e. below 2000rpm, and if so what is the approximate rpm?
2) Do you get better fuel economy and if so an approximate gain?
3) If the fuel economy saving isnt significant, do you get more power for the same economy?

I drive on the sand alot, and low down power increase for no extra fuel would suit me just fine....

dtuk

Hi everyone, first post, please forgive me for my future sins.I have been watching with interest for a while now and thought I should share my thoughts on the dtuk module.I initially had a full unichip deal installed (chip, injector drive and map switch) which was fantastic except for a couple of niggles. A rough ,trembling idle, and the propensity for the thing to hesitate at the stab of the throttle (not good at an intersection).Anyway, long /short, the unichip was eventually removed and after much trepidation I gave some bloke in Britain my money and the dtuk module and pedal box duly arrived. An easy DIY install and after a couple of weeks of experimenting with different maps I can honestly say that I am absolutely stoked with the result. Without actually putting it on the dyno I reckon that the seat of the pants feel is that the dtuk is very close to the unichip (dyno at just over 130rwkw) at about a quarter the price. I am currently running tune 3+1 with no smoke and beautiful, torquey power delivery. Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth, hope it helps.

Hi everyone, first post, please forgive me for my future sins.I have been watching with interest for a while now and thought I should share my thoughts on the dtuk module.I initially had a full unichip deal installed (chip, injector drive and map switch) which was fantastic except for a couple of niggles. A rough ,trembling idle, and the propensity for the thing to hesitate at the stab of the throttle (not good at an intersection).Anyway, long /short, the unichip was eventually removed and after much trepidation I gave some bloke in Britain my money and the dtuk module and pedal box duly arrived. An easy DIY install and after a couple of weeks of experimenting with different maps I can honestly say that I am absolutely stoked with the result. Without actually putting it on the dyno I reckon that the seat of the pants feel is that the dtuk is very close to the unichip (dyno at just over 130rwkw) at about a quarter the price. I am currently running tune 3+1 with no smoke and beautiful, torquey power delivery. Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth, hope it helps.

G'day,

What model, engine, trans and year? DPF? What setting are you running on the pedal box?

I suspect the Unichip unit is also a DTE but the model with 3d mapping. Any ideas?

Hey Joe, 2012 st auto, no dpf. Running all sorts of maps on the pedal box just for experiment sake, from map 3 (eco, I think) minus 3 up to map 1 (sport) plus 3.have settled on 1 plus 1 for the moment and it seems like a pretty good compromise, great response without being too aggressive.

hi guys just a quick update, took my car for a run yesterday from Murrumba downs to gold coast with the wife( went to the markets) haha anyway, before the chip I was sitting on the highway runs at about 9.7lt to 100k's now yesterday I was flatout getting over the 7.7 mark I haven't got an exhaust yet. but that's running all the fruit from 32 inch tyres, bulbar and winch, roof rack etc. cant wait to see what its like with an exhaust on it and running a standard tune straightout of the box still trying to work out how to change them haha. it literally took 3 days to get here via fedex.

Yeah, I am getting one, I ordered it last night. I have a 3 week surf and camp trip to Gnaraloo at the end of June so will have a good opportunity to check open road fuel economy. I currently get 11.5l/100km at ~115km/hr (gps measured) with cruise control on 32inch tyres, and I don't tow anything. I can't bring myself to drive any slower on these long straight Aussie roads and I wont get a ticket for that speed. I will also be doing some sand driving so will get an idea of how the extra power goes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what setting to start with?

I started on map 1 no adjustment then moved to map 4 no adjustment and am now using map 3 no adjustment mainly for the fatter mid range.

Mines 2013 d40 2.5 manual and im very happy with it

Cost me just under $600 via FedEx I'm pretty happy with standard tune putting an exhaust on when I get back should make a bit of a difference again I hope.

Latest posts

Back