Ebay Navigation/Multimedia System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The buttons light up yes, sorry don't have the manual anymore what exactly are you having problems with I may be able to help.

Thanks Jon I got onto the blokeon ebay and he sent me one via email.
I never got a chance to read up on it and work out what it can do because the dickhead that did the conversion took it out and never put it back in.

Thanks mate I'll give it a go. Here is a link to what is on my sdcard. I have removed oziexplorer, igo8, and polnav but left the folders. If you go into the desktop folder and then the skin folder you can edit the main.ini file with a text editor (notepad) Its pretty self explanatory from there you will see where the icons are located and how you can position them on the screen. Note that this has been setup for my high resolution screen. Good luck. Please make a backup of your original stuff first.

http://rapidshare.com/files/423031628/Stereo_SDCard.rar

This is what I was talking to you about woody

Scott - you say you've downloaded the RAR file .. if so, bring it on the weekend.

I dont want to set up a file share account just to download it.

You don't have to setup an account mate. On the right hand side of the screen you can download as a free user. Just have to wait a minute or something before it downloads. Click the button that says slow downloads.

You don't have to setup an account mate. On the right hand side of the screen you can download as a free user. Just have to wait a minute or something before it downloads. Click the button that says slow downloads.

Hi
Tried to download your RAR file from rapidshare but it tells me it has been deleted
Can you help

Ok I've uploaded the files again, seems like a few people are having troubles with this still so I will try and explain it a little better.

1. Click this link,

http://rapidshare.com/files/445731141/Stereo_SDCard.rar

then click slow download for free users. Once it downloads unrar the file onto the desktop. You should have this:

walkthrough1.jpg

Now go into the desktop folder and then the skin folder. Here you will find a file called Main.ini. Open this file with notepad and you should be greeted with this:

walkthrough2.jpg

Last edited:
This is the file you can edit to customise what you want the program to do. You can see here the width and height is set to 800 and 400 pixels respectively. ie. 800x400 resolution screen. The first real bit of information you can change here is the background picture. It has been set as background20.bmp If you go back into windows file explorer and go to the folder desktop/icons you will see where this file is located, you can see that this picture is sized to 800x400 pixels. You can put whatever background picture you like in this icons folder as long as it is cropped to this size and the main.ini file is edited so that the program is directed to the new file name. See where this is going?

The next 5 blocks of information on the main.ini file are for each button that is on the new menu. These can be set to whatever the hell you like, ie. tomtom or any other navigator software that you have available. On mine I have IGO8, Oziexplorer, PolNav and a small file explorer program. (the file explorer is included in the rar file but no other programs are)

Now lets take this small block of information to explain further:

walkthrough3.jpg

The first two lines here is the designated position of the icon on the screen in x and y values which you can change if you need to (smaller or larger icons might not fit on screen correctly)

The next line is the important one. This is the command line, the software that you use with this will probably be different to what I have been using therefore you will need to make sure this line is correct for YOU. For example your oziexplorer folder may be called just ozi. If this is the case it will not work, the main.ini file will need to be edited to reflect what is on your SDcard. I can't emphasize that enough.

The last 2 lines of the block show you what picture files are being used for that particular program, these pictures can be found in the icons folder again. Obviously these can be whatever you like but use the originals for a guide on the pixel size. Note that there is 2 images, one of them is for when the button is pushed which is usually the same as the first icon but greyed out a little.

Last edited:
Ok now you've got a grasp on how everything works and you have customised everything to how you like it you will want to try it out. Backup your microSD before you go any further. Copy your creation onto your card and plug it in to the stereo. You will now need to go to the options screen on your stereo and change the navigation path to:

/desktop/systeminformation.exe

Now press the navigation button and see what happens. Test all the buttons to make sure they work check the alignment of the icons etc. You may need to go back and forth to the computer a couple of times to make adjustments. One last thing. If you are using a digoptions unit like mine. Be very very careful when removing and inserting the microSD, it doesn't take much to break the mechanism that locks the card in. Matt at dig_options was more than happy to provide a replacement for me when mine broke.

Please note that this works perfectly on my digoptions unit and I have been using it for sometime now without a problem I don't know if it works on other units but I can't see why not. I think that covers just about everything but if there is specefic problems please ask and I'll try and help. Probably not until after this monster cyclone though. lol. good luck!!

Hey there you have gone to a lot of trouble for us .
thanks for your help with all the wiring iam looking at getting a similar set up on e bay
from a store called motor formula , looks preety much the same but screen does tilt.
might keep in touch with you as i go along cheers,mate.
have removed old stereo & UHF has been moved down by my feet .And your camera mount is awsome idea as need good vision for my trigg hitch on the camper trailer once again cheers heaps.

Gr8 thead jon. You have convinced my to get one now. Ordered one yesterday. where did you put ur gps antenna under the dash or on top??

Has anyone still had trouble downloading this and getting it to work.My system is the same as Jons as far as I know through DIGOPTIONS and I cant get it to work.It is bringing some shit up in chinese and won't give me maps.Do we have to purchase the maps or are they on this file.

Ok well I got the multimedia system installed in the car today and it was a quite straightforward process, everything is working as it should so happy days there. I'll go through a step by step on what I have done to install it which might help others when purchasing a similar unit as there is a few little things that might catch you out. Here we go.

Firstly I pulled the dashboard fascia off, to do this just remove the 2 screws above the a/c controls, remove the ash trays and carefully prise it away from the dashboard with a small flat tip screwdriver. Then I removed the old stereo which is held in by 4 phillips head screws. Unplug the old stereo and find the power cable adaptor that is included in the new unit which matches the original cable and plug it in.

IMG_1596.sized.jpg

I forgot to take a picture but in the new adaptor cable there is a second white connector which is for the rear speakers. There is no plug for it inside the navara dash, I believe Nissan has skimped out on this part of the loom but I am going to see if it can be purchased as I think there is at least some section of the loom going from the front a pillar to the rear speaker cavity. I have no speakers in the back at the moment so didn't worry about it. You could just cut the plug and solder the speaker wires into the correct places if you have rear speakers.

Hi
Can anyone tell me why the pictuers arn't showing as I want install one on a stx 2011 model
Cheers hunter

You're above post has the image in it for me so it would appear it's a local issue. Anyway Jon's is a D22 I believe so the dash is quite different and the image you linked to above is just of the wire connector with 6 wires coming from it.

I can't remember what's in my 09 by way of coloured wires but there is a thread somewhere from when I pulled the dash apart and I think there is a thread somewhere from a 2010 owner who did the same, maybe search for dash removal or something because I'm sure the 2010 thread was installing an after market radio of some kind where as mine was just pulling apart the dash. Once again not sure how much difference there is between these models and the 550 but it's got to give you some idea.

Thats pretty much all I've got at the moment. I am still working on the reverse camera as I am making a bracket that comes off the number plate and I haven't finished it yet. I did test the camera and it works perfectly. Its worth mentioning that I took all these photos with the plastic film still on the unit as I had grotty hands so there is a fair bit of glare coming off the screen. The pictures don't do it any justice, the image is very crisp and the definition is excellent. The navigator can run at the same time as listening to music and it just cuts in with the voice whenever a turn is coming up. So far I'm very happy with the result and I think it is great value for money compared to the equivalent units around the place. I have no affiliations with the ebay seller whatsoever I just wanted to share this with everyone and hopefully help a few others if they have problems installing it. A lot of people had problems installing this unit when I researched it on PradoPoint but I can't for the life of me understand why it was so hard to wire up. Must be a Toyota thing?

Thread, install, pics and words.......great job there mate.

:cheers!:

Ok I've uploaded the files again, seems like a few people are having troubles with this still so I will try and explain it a little better.

1. Click this link,

http://rapidshare.com/files/445731141/Stereo_SDCard.rar

then click slow download for free users. Once it downloads unrar the file onto the desktop. You should have this:

walkthrough1.jpg

Now go into the desktop folder and then the skin folder. Here you will find a file called Main.ini. Open this file with notepad and you should be greeted with this:

walkthrough2.jpg

Damn its saying the file is no longer on Rapidshare , any chance of posting it again or anyone else who has it please.

Jon, Rapidshare is again saying this file is no longer available , any chance of uploading it again please or anyone else who may have it thanks.:cheers!:

Back