Ebay Navigation/Multimedia System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I just finished making a bracket for the camera. I used a piece of stainless steel sheet (a bastard to work with) and bent and cut it using some tin snips. I painted it with some silver touch up paint to match the car and this is what I came up with.

IMG_1613.sized.jpg

IMG_1614.sized.jpg

IMG_1615.sized.jpg

As you can see with the next pic where it is mounted is perfect for reversing onto a trailer with the towball visible at the bottom of the screen. Couldn't be happier with the end result.

IMG_1617.sized.jpg

Good job there. Hope you don't kick the camera too often if you use the rear step for more access into the tub.

I also hope you don't suffer from the arsehole factor up there, we had a spate of arseholes around here damaging reversing cameras where they were visible and easy got at like that. The bastards know there is little or no value in a $10 camera but they were smashing them, ripping the wires out and some which have been mounted in bumpers or number plates etc that weren't easily got out were just covered in texta.

Yeah I hope nothing happens either, but for the life of me I can't see where else I could mount it where it would be less obvious and still get a view of the towball. I don't want to drill into anything either. Now you've got me worried.

Nah don't be worried, we just have an arsehole factor is some of the towns down here. You know the sort of idiot who lives in a town of 15000 people and thinks the only good thing to do on a weekend is get hammered and demolish things. Despite the fact everyone knows who they are and everyone see their behaviour constantly they just have no respect for anyone or anything and they think they are so cool that rules don't apply to them. Most towns have an arsehole factor just some towns have a bigger membership.

After reading the international forums I was prepared to either use the missing key hole in the tailgate, the gap under the tailgate release latch or the number plate, but then I realised most of those guys were using the tiny cameras and many weren't IR which didn't suit me.

In the end I decided to mount mine on a home made bracket in the canopy window, it's higher and therefore doesn't show the towball but I can alter the angle if needed, and I can also see the trailer until its about 4 inches from the ball from it's normal position anyway. Mine suffers a little bit when the road grime on the back glass mixes with a splattering of rain but in constant rain and under normal conditions the vision is as clear as yours. If nothing else it's a reminder to wash the car.

Looks good mate,seems like they've got a new model after the crap they were selling. Does yours have the Australian voice on it or do I need to send you a copy

Looks good mate,seems like they've got a new model after the crap they were selling. Does yours have the Australian voice on it or do I need to send you a copy

Yes mate it does have aussie, uk, us, dutch, french and even czeck voices. Thanks for the offer though.

Has anyone fitted one in a D40 STX will they fit or are they to deep and hit cross member??

cheers phil.

Good stuff Jon, Im keen on getting one in the future so your post is very helpful, id also be interested to hear of anyone who has fitted one in to a D40,
Just one other thing, is it a touch screen?

Yes its touchscreen. I have some more pics now of it running oziexplorer, I will updload them when I get a chance. Have also figured out how to run two street nav programs aswell as oziexplorer and switch between them all on the fly. Will update this thread when I can find the pics a bit later. I'm going to use IGO 8 and POL nav as my street nav programs. Sorry can't help with fitting the D40 but Matt from dig_options replies to all his emails and was very good to deal with. Maybe just shoot off an email and ask him. One thing that wasn't so great with this unit is the sdcard slot. If not very careful it is easy to break the locking tab which I did. I was sent a replacement card holder within a couple of days. Its very easy to damage as the microsd cards are tiny and need to go in straight.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have just fitted a similar unit to my D40 ST-X except mine is the single DIN unit with the fold out screen. Im pretty sure the double DIN one like in this thread will have clearance issues with the support bar behind the dash. I tried to fit my Uniden UHF under the stereo but it fouls on the bar so Im pretty sure this unit would too. The standard D40 double DIN stereo has a shallower lower section to compensate for the bar being in the way. I bought a triple gauge holder to fill in the gap below the stereo and am going to install boost, pyro and either a tranny temp or voltmeter.

Hi guys,
I have just fitted a similar unit to my D40 ST-X except mine is the single DIN unit with the fold out screen. Im pretty sure the double DIN one like in this thread will have clearance issues with the support bar behind the dash. I tried to fit my Uniden UHF under the stereo but it fouls on the bar so Im pretty sure this unit would too. The standard D40 double DIN stereo has a shallower lower section to compensate for the bar being in the way. I bought a triple gauge holder to fill in the gap below the stereo and am going to install boost, pyro and either a tranny temp or voltmeter.

Sounds good mate show us some pics!

I havent installed the gauges yet but once Ive installed them ill put some pics up. At the moment I have my UHF sitting in place to fill the hole but its not wired up.

The unit he used to sell definitely had a problem due to the location of the GPS antenna socket.

Like I say if the double DIN unit has a recess in the lower section to make room for the bar that runs across the dash then they will fit. If its not recessed it wont go into the dash far enough. If you were to pull out the standard CD player you will see what I mean.

Jon any chance of those images you said?
Trave 298 can you show us a pic of your one in the off position, on and opened out and maybe some with a few different selection screens?

That would be awesome, considering my tax to go into one

Jon any chance of those images you said?
Trave 298 can you show us a pic of your one in the off position, on and opened out and maybe some with a few different selection screens?

That would be awesome, considering my tax to go into one

Oops forgot about this thread. I'm in Europe at the moment but will update with more pics in about a week when I return to aus

Ive got my eyes on one for sale pretty cheap. Different brand but still quality. I wanted to try keep the nissan feel to any extras added. But price keeps me from doing so. If I win the bid ill post it up on what I won!

This thread makes me wonder why I went and spent $300.00 on a std DIN Pioneer stereo a few months ago instead of shelling out a bit more for one of these all in one wonders.

Damn, think I might sell the Pioneer and get one of these. :sad:

Could be a good Pioneer head unit going cheap soon, :sarcastic:

Hoo Roo,

Latest posts

Back