Ebay Navigation/Multimedia System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested in these things Pioneer have a scratch and dent website site. They wont give you any details of the damage but they do claim it's minor (even down to box damage only), they are refurbished units that all come with a money back guarantee and a minimum 12 month warranty. They also have an old model store where the same deals apply only the units aren't damaged.

I was looking at some of these units a few weeks back and they have some of the $2000 RRP units down below $1000 and they had several of the high end Nav systems with a $3999 RRP down to $999. It's a web only sale and no pick up but they do claim full warranty and money back so it may be worth it for some people. I've read plenty of good reviews of the site (although they were mainly for the sale of consumer electrics) but if their are willing to offer a money back return with no questions asked (I have this quoted in an email not sure it's on the site) then maybe it says something for the company. I was close to buying one of their high end units for $999 until I chose a different path.

Ok I finally got a couple more pics of my system to demonstrate how handy these things can be.

Oziexplorer in use not far from the tip of Cape York

IMG_2004.sized.jpg

IMG_2003.sized.jpg

The new menu I have setup looks like this, so now when I push the navigation button instead of going straight into igo8 this screen comes up and I can choose any of the three navigation programs I have installed.

IMG_2801.sized.jpg

From this menu I have also installed a basic file explorer program which looks a bit like this, sorry for the crappy pics but you get the idea.

IMG_2802.sized.jpg

Ok I finally got a couple more pics of my system to demonstrate how handy these things can be.

Oziexplorer in use not far from the tip of Cape York

IMG_2801.sized.jpg

From this menu I have also installed a basic file explorer program which looks a bit like this, sorry for the crappy pics but you get the idea.

IMG_2802.sized.jpg

Jon

This looks pretty good. My new system runs Win CE6 and i want to set up something similar but can't work it out. Any hints?

Does your unit have a configuration part where you can tell it where the .exe file is for your navigation program? This is a small program supplied to me buy Matt from digoptions which I have tweaked a bit to suit my needs. I just put the program on the sdcard and told the stereo where to look for it. I have no idea if it will work with other models. What resolution is your screen because that makes a difference too. I can send you the program but I can't guarantee it will work unless it is a digoptions model.

Does your unit have a configuration part where you can tell it where the .exe file is for your navigation program? This is a small program supplied to me buy Matt from digoptions which I have tweaked a bit to suit my needs. I just put the program on the sdcard and told the stereo where to look for it. I have no idea if it will work with other models. What resolution is your screen because that makes a difference too. I can send you the program but I can't guarantee it will work unless it is a digoptions model.

Digioptions sell the same model as i have. And yes it has a config window thingy. The display res is 800 x 460 i think?

I'll i want it to do is select between IGO8 and Ozi. I guess i can tweek.

I would appreciate if you could send the program. What size is the file?

Sorry I havent replied to this thread in a while guys. Ive attached a couple photos of my setup. The photos arent very good quality but you will get the idea.

Attachments

• Navara 1 pdf.pdf
    11.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Navara 2 pdf.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Navara 3 pdf.pdf
    11.5 KB · Views: 157
Digioptions sell the same model as i have. And yes it has a config window thingy. The display res is 800 x 460 i think?

I'll i want it to do is select between IGO8 and Ozi. I guess i can tweek.

I would appreciate if you could send the program. What size is the file?

Guys if anyone else wants this program to switch between ozi and igo8 let me know. It worked on Merchants unit and I think it would work on most others. Send me a pm with your email and I will send it.

Guys if anyone else wants this program to switch between ozi and igo8 let me know. It worked on Merchants unit and I think it would work on most others. Send me a pm with your email and I will send it.

Jon

How do i get into the explorer part of WinCE6? I notice on your desktop you have a icon which takes you to Explorer.

To be honest I think it is just a program for pda's and the like like that run wince 6.0. My brother did most of the mucking around to get it working. I can get you a copy of what is on my sdcard if you want the same but you will have to wait a couple of days, don't have my car here at the moment.

To be honest I think it is just a program for pda's and the like like that run wince 6.0. My brother did most of the mucking around to get it working. I can get you a copy of what is on my sdcard if you want the same but you will have to wait a couple of days, don't have my car here at the moment.

Love a copy. What do you access explorer for? I plan on adding a couple more programs.

does anyone know of a place I can host some files for this menu system. I have had quite a few emails about it and it would be heaps easier to download from somewhere rather than email each person individually. :cheers!:

Thanks mate I'll give it a go. Here is a link to what is on my sdcard. I have removed oziexplorer, igo8, and polnav but left the folders. If you go into the desktop folder and then the skin folder you can edit the main.ini file with a text editor (notepad) Its pretty self explanatory from there you will see where the icons are located and how you can position them on the screen. Note that this has been setup for my high resolution screen. Good luck. Please make a backup of your original stuff first.

http://rapidshare.com/files/423031628/Stereo_SDCard.rar

sorry for bumping an old thread, just wondering if the buttons on the unit light up at night?
cheers
eug

The buttons light up yes, sorry don't have the manual anymore what exactly are you having problems with I may be able to help.

Latest posts

Back