Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Model D22 2006 (New 3/2007)
Engine ZD30
Manual
Weight Approx 100kg over standard

Last tank full did 623.5km for 65.22L.
Works out at 10.46L/100km. I towed a van for over 100 of these km.

Overall since new the Nav has averaged 11.11166 L/100 km including towing a Jayco van across Qld for 6000 odd km. ( I too keep a spreadsheet on fuel useage)
I am happy with its fuel economy but still looking for improvements.

Paul

Model D22 2006 (new 3/2007)
Zd30
Manual
Weight 100-150 over standard
31x10.5 tyres i average 650ks for 65L
35x13.5 tyres i average 600ks for 65L (doesnt take into account the 10% my speedo is out due to the bigger tyres)
Both sets of tyres are aggressive muddies and this was pre 3" exhaust. I havent used either set for a solid full tank yet but economy is looking slightly better overall.

Dave,

to be honest I haven't had a trip long enough to run it empty without the car trailer on! Most of my running around is in town and the Diesel would have gone off by the time I used a tankfull. But towing I've managed to get from Townsville back home (8 hours travel time, 736km) with a bit under 1/4 left on the gauge, so I'm guessing on the highway I should get near enough 1200km.

Cheers.

Model: 2008 D22 STR
Engine: YD25 2.5L diesel
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Weight: standard plus bullbar, towbar, would guess around the 2000kg mark

Only had the Nav for a few weeks, was an ex demo with 2000km on the clock. First tank around town was 12.5L/100km, second tank was just under 10L/100km including a 400km country highway trip, about to fill up for the third time! Should get a bit better with another couple of 1000k on the meter.

There have been several references to spreadsheets being used to record fuel consumption.
Would some body care to post/share what they use ?

Lance

I filled up on Monday and reset the trip meter. I put 60.55 litres today at 625 kays.

That works out to 9.69 litres per 100k.

I recon the snorkel that I fitted recently has helped a bit, and maybe the modification I made to the cyclone pre filter.

I think that figure is fairly good considering my tyre size and the fact I had approx 350 kilos in the back all week (big job) as well as two fiberglass ladders and conduit on the roof racks.

My Navara, Series 2 D22 05.
Consistently gets up to 650km, around town or on highway...generally rev to 3k and cruise on highway at 100-110kmh
Got 530km once, driving fully loaded into a 50knot easterly the whole way!
Dicko

Here's a stripped back version of the spreadsheet i've been using guys.

I've gone to the extent of graphing yearly usage and consumption also. These graphs don't look much chop without data so after a dozen trips to the bowser have a play with them.

Any problems using this give me a hoy and I'll try help out.

Guido

Attachments

• Fuel Consumption.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 231
Fuel usuage 2008 D40 STX Auto crd

From previous post

3500 kms over 4 weeks.

Worst towing 2600kg 23ft Van 21.3 l/100km (windy)
Best towing, 19.3 l/100km
Best touring no van, over 160km 8.5 l/100km. Normal city short runs 13 l/100km.

Comfortable with plenty of power, no magic fuel economy, happy overall as van is really big, like towing parachute.

Russell

hi ppls im new here

hi im looking at trading in 2 cars for a 1997 st dual cab 4x4 diesel 3.2lt motor 200,000k's on the dial (i cant afford a newer model).
has canopy,power windows,air conditioning,snorkel, looks in good order feels gr8 on the small test we did on dirt/gravel rd and lil highway drive.
would like to know if any1 coud give me some guidelines on its fuel economy ie should i be thinking 12lt/per 100 or lower?

My mates got a QD32 powered D22, his is a base model though. Manual windows etc.

Economy he gets 10-12L per 100km's, they are slower then the ZD30-YD25 powered D22's but there 1000 times better then the 3L (2.8L) powered Hiluxes. Which are deathly slow.

Check out 4wdmonthly.com.au/forum there is a guy on there who has turboed his and is making 110rwkw's. Not bad considering the ZD30DDT makes 110kw's at the engine.

Make sure is been serviced every 5000km's and good luck mate.

Dave.

thanks dave str,

well this diesel (supposedly turboed), didnt take off real fast but was a good smooth ride, i should have asked also if any1 knows what size tank its got haha...
i live in a small 2 traffic light town hehe so hopefully it will get me around on a tank per month if i can pull 10lt/100 (currently average 480k's per tank (45lt) in our lil echo but it doesnt pull trailers, and it lasts a month intown driving)..
the tarago (75 lt tank) i have for pulling the c/van (950kg) and 2tonne (8x5) trailer, is only averaging around 500k's per tank open road no extra weight (ie no trailer or c/van) just family members around town not real sure as the echo does better thats all i know..

Should be a 75L tank.

The km's out of the tank in the echo doesn't sound to good, should get better then what your getting.

I have a 125L tank in my Navara and get easily 1000km's before the fuel light, usually comes on at 1050km's.

Get some pics. How much are they asking.

Dave.

thanx heaps dave...the servicing book is a bit outa whack ...they were fixing the dashboard instruments for us lol.. the rev counter sometimes showed revs other times dropped to nothing. the fuel gauge was shoddy and the temp but they supposedly fixing it all for us.....
not sure what the tyre size is.. but i think its had that 2" lift,as i said a qd32 motor (push rod) not the feared yd25.. misus mighta screwed things up though :17: she didnt think the finance would go through and it did now shes not sure (she is in a wheelchair so getting in everyday might be bothersome to her given the height) but she liked they way it rode...
if we do get it (im hoping) then our bush trips will be back on yay (not the heavy stuff)..and i'll have somewhere to put the dog, wont have to lug the big arse trailer just to move the mower and whipper (choke on the smell of cut grass and mower fuel)...oh not sure if its turboed but it rumbled (shook) a bit when i tried to just switch off any pointers in how long after pulling up to stop i should w8 to turn the motor off

Last edited:
chartrock.thats cool the kinda milage i was hoping for...
so which model you getting that on? or did you check to see if its your navara i was buying? hahaha...
and if it was your car anything i should keep an eye on?
its kinda silly really we live near mount cole, buangor state forest and halls gap and as yet we dont have a 4x4 we did have a 83 patrol which was more comfortable belting around the bush than on the highway, dealer ringing today to sort some stuff out..

chartrock.thats cool the kinda milage i was hoping for...
so which model you getting that on? or did you check to see if its your navara i was buying? hahaha...
and if it was your car anything i should keep an eye on?

Fraid not cretsiah. I'll be hanging on to mine for some time yet. It's a 2006 3L ST-R D22.
A lot of that driving was done with a 1400Kg van on the back. You can tell where by the places fuel was bought. If not on the Gold Coast then the van was probably on the back.
I have now switched to a smaller van (an Avan cruiseliner) so hopefully the performance will improve even more.
I don't know of anything you should watch out for. Check out the thread where some one asks what they don't like about their Nav. I would agree with most of them.
Good luck with your purchase. I am sure you will get a lot of enjoyment once you can get out in the bush (or anywhere else in a fourby).

Paul

Attachments

• Camp @ Gregory River.jpg
    Camp @ Gregory River.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back