Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx chartook,
nice to know that it was pulling a reasonble trailer load as well at that milage...
i added a couple of pics of the old 83mq i had a few yrs back lol no turbo to my profile, unfortunetly my misus put a spanner in the works, she wanted out of the deal, im so peeved right now...from what i understand unless the finance guy has gone to far with the processing we are out of the deal...if he has gone to far with the processing of the finance then we may have to buy it anyway or pay a penalty fee of which the repayments would be cheaper...so we will see what happens on thursday as its bendigo cup day the finance guy and town are all closed....kind of annoyed as 1 car is cheaper than 2.
cretsiah signing out

Hey cretsiah
Mate, sorry to hear you may pullout of the deal but believe me you will be better off without it if your other half is against it. It would be a source of irritation between the two of you and you would be on the losing end of it. Keep her happy and another opportunity will come up. (My god, I am starting to sound like an Agony Aunt column writer.:55:) I certainly hope the finance mob do the right thing. :28:Good luck with it all.

Chartrock

QD32's are a old tech engine, they shake when you shut them down.

Anyways good luck with the Navara and good luck getting the mrs to agree.

Dave.

well its a no go on the navara,
sad part finance only $25 a week, or $5000 between trade ins and it... but budget (budget worked out for 12 months in advance) doesnt allow it :38:... anyways thanx for your help ppl's was really appreciated ...and yeh chartook hopefully another opertunity will come up (maybe when the finance crisis is over hahaha)
funiest part dealer had a buyer for the tarago b4 he had possesion of it (well so he says). think he was surprised at the tarago's get up n go givin its 315000ks on the dial..

Sorry to hear the deal fell through cretsiah, on the bright side in another year or two you might be able to get into a later model for similar money.

Filled up the Navara last night on my usual nightly work run.

103L for 1012km's. Speedo reads 4km/h slow at 100km/h, so add 40km's to the km's done.

1052km's for 103L of diesel.

Do the maths and I get 9.79L/100km's.

I haven't really been driving differently and the economy is better again.

Oh yeah (as duffman would say)

Dave.

I just did another tank and got 9.75 L/per 100.

Obviously my tyres made no difference to economy.

Considering you have all the same gear on yours Shonky as Dave and I it must be the series 1 thing.

Last edited:
My last tank I went to Tamworth and back via the Oxley Hwy over Walcha mountains. Lots of 35 and 25k corners followed by long (read flat out) straights.

Consumption worked out to 10.8L per 100.

I almost hit a fallen tree on the other side of a blind corner. Was close.

I towed it off the road (needed 4wd Lo) while my work mate was waving traffic down. 4 vehicles went past without even winding down their window to ask if I needed a hand. Essentially I was doing it for them.

Anyway.... winge over :28:

I almost hit a fallen tree on the other side of a blind corner. Was close.

I towed it off the road (needed 4wd Lo) while my work mate was waving traffic down. 4 vehicles went past without even winding down their window to ask if I needed a hand. Essentially I was doing it for them.

yeah sounds familiar. had a big storm last year and people where driving around fallen branches etc even a week later. i took the long way home and cleaned it all up. people didn't even clean the stuff off the road outside there own houses ! :(

11.36 lts/100km for a 2006 STX D40 V6 6speed manual! Mostly round town but included a run to Young for a belly full of cherries. With the current cost of unleaded vs. diesel you diesel guys need to be getting 9.63 lts /100km or better to beat it..... and then there is the difference in purchase price! All of a sudden, petrol is king again!

11.36 lts/100km for a 2006 STX D40 V6 6speed manual! Mostly round town but included a run to Young for a belly full of cherries. With the current cost of unleaded vs. diesel you diesel guys need to be getting 9.63 lts /100km or better to beat it..... and then there is the difference in purchase price! All of a sudden, petrol is king again!

By the sounds of it you are doing alright.

I know a guy that has a V6 STX and gets 15L per 100k with mostly hwy driving.

He tells me it go's good though.

Im with Bloke
Petrol Rocks
I get on average about 12l/100 on the highway and 13-14/100 round town.
If I want better I can back off but then if I was worried I wouldnt drive it at all lol. I may have been known to watch over 6000rpm on the dial in each gear upto 4th on numerous occassions. Ok so it was on Wakefield park lol

Model : D22 STR 2004
Engine : ZD30
Auto or Manual : Manual
Rough guess on weight : 2100 at least

110L used and 1080km's covered = 10.19.

Maybe10.2L per 100km's.

I keep at about 100-105kmh on open road, and i still got just ova 1000ks to a tank when im in perth.

Im happy with that

My last tank I filled up at 907km's.

Filled up with 90.3L

Works out to be 9.95L per 100km's

I am happy with that as that included towing a trailer for 100km's and sitting on 120km/h for about 10km's.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back